Are we ever going to get a UK show this cycle?

Smarky

This touring cycle seems rather small and short, however LP seem to have covered most places, even if it is only the odd show.

I'm not sure if people are aware/remember but a preorder bonus in the UK for LIVING THINGS, was "Presale access to the upcoming UK tour", whatever happened to that?

I thought the UK has always been pretty much a dead cert for LP at least in recent years, but now it seems to have fallen completely from the radar.

It's weird because usually LP always plays England. But somehow there hasn't been a European Tour for LIVING THINGS yet, and lol if there is one it'll be over a year after the CD comes out.

Surely they'll do a Euro Tour. Germany with 5-6 shows, England with 3-4, etc.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if LP ended the LT cycle in the fall with European dates. Maybe not a huge tour, but definitely will hit the UK, Germany, etc if they do decide on a tour. I hope LP doesn't count the spring/early summer Europe tour part of the ''LIVING THINGS World Tour'' because that would suck for European fans.

and maybe before Summer Sonic?

http://www.purevolume.com/linkinpark/events

AUG

London, United Kingdom

7:00pm at TBA England

the link inside is broken, and i don't know if this site is a good source. but there's show in London, UK 02.08 and the Tokyo and Osaka shows, so.. who knows.. Edited by Skipees

LP announced Summer Sonic 3 months ago. So it would be very very unusual for them to announce a show BEFORE Summer Sonic in the near future. Of course that was so early because it's a festival, so they announced the other shows just now.

I'd say something about (at least) 4 months before a show is a normal time frame to announce a big headlining show.

There are exceptions to this "rule" of course.

I mean it's entirely possible for sure. Not likely but possible. Portimao 2009 was announced like what, 1.5 weeks before the show? I remember in Graz we asked Pooch if LP was playing Portugal and he said yes, but it wasn't even confirmed by the band until I think the day before the Zurich show. Crazy.

They will definitely do a warmup show so Vegas probably will get another show or something lol

maybe it's not a "tour", just a few shows in main places. and they don't rush to announce because if it's a small tour it will be probably sold-out.

but maybe and probably sometimes worth as nothing.

Edited by Skipees

I mean it's entirely possible for sure. Not likely but possible. Portimao 2009 was announced like what, 1.5 weeks before the show? I remember in Graz we asked Pooch if LP was playing Portugal and he said yes, but it wasn't even confirmed by the band until I think the day before the Zurich show. Crazy.

They will definitely do a warmup show so Vegas probably will get another show or something lol

Yeah but this is also not normal. This is a show they simply squeezed in the last minute because they were able to do it, maybe also mixed with a chaotic festival promoter.

i did a little research and found this:

http://www.livenation.co.uk/event/allevents?page=55

the only possible event at 02.08.2013 in UK, that related to the band is "About To Break" and it's only because the name :P.

---

wait, there's also "Jar Music Live Presents..." with no artist yet..

Edited by Skipees

It's weird because usually LP always plays England. But somehow there hasn't been a European Tour for LIVING THINGS yet, and lol if there is one it'll be over a year after the CD comes out.

Surely they'll do a Euro Tour. Germany with 5-6 shows, England with 3-4, etc.

my thoughts exactly - it's plain odd that they haven't played any non-festival dates in europe after LT's release.

also if they do come back to the UK I predict that yes, only england will get shows. they haven't played Cardiff, Edinburgh/Glasgow or Dublin/Belfast in ages...

It's entirely possible Ireland will get another show in the future. 2003 and 2008 yeah, but that's a place I'd think they would eventually get to sometime, like Italy. It's not on every touring cycle but it'll come sometime.

I totally didn't realize that LP didn't get to those places since the MTM tour. It's been a while. It's surprising to me that LP has played South America, Asia and Australia more lately than any of those countries. LP always plays the usual countries every cycle, such as US, UK, Germany and a lot of the times France. I understand that because the band does very well in those places, Adam even told us at the Summit that LP was bigger in Germany than anywhere else in the world, including the US.

I totally didn't realize that LP didn't get to those places since the MTM tour. It's been a while. It's surprising to me that LP has played South America, Asia and Australia more lately than any of those countries. LP always plays the usual countries every cycle, such as US, UK, Germany and a lot of the times France. I understand that because the band does very well in those places, Adam even told us at the Summit that LP was bigger in Germany than anywhere else in the world, including the US.

yup, Ireland and Italy have really missed out alot.

Ireland often misses out on alot of UK bands' tours to be honest, but does LP really not have the money to go there? I know little about Italian tours by bands so cannot comment on that

• 1 month later...

bumping by posting this here since I don't want to clog up the Kuala Lumpur announcement thread.

I am really disappointed that the band seem to be totally skipping over the UK on the LT schedule. but honestly, i think I'm more surprised by it than anything else.

some thoughts:

• the UK doesn't have a particularly strict work/performance visa policy that is aligned to an extreme political agenda (like, for example, China's)
  • Living Things was number one in the UK album charts, beating Justin Beiber and Maroon 5 - given the strength of the Beiber fanbase, this in incredible accomplishment, particularly when you consider the fact that, in terms of 'compared to Beiber' and 'compared to how big they used to be', LP are nowhere near as "big" in popular, modern culture.
  • Burn It Down was at the top of the UK Rock Singles Chart for ages and in the top 30 in the mainstream Single Charts (peaking at 27)
  • Lies Greed Misery was released via UK radio in that scavenger hunt, so the band are clearly aware of fan interest here, and in particular, fan interest in the new material.
  • from memory, many of the 2012 dates were sold out - they clearly don't make a loss coming to the country.
  • If I remember correctly, wasn't LPU12 sold with membership benefits that included an "upcoming UK and European Tour"? (although given the lack of a European headline tour, I admit, the UK's not the only one with a raw deal here)

the lack of any UK dates is ... beyond me. I really can't see any legitimate reason that the band haven't toured with LT in places that have so gladly had them before. shows in places that have never had the band before, or have waited a long time to see them since their last time is brilliant, I can only applaud that, and yes, I understand family commitments on each band member, but not one date? it's disheartening.

I could see the band being asked back to do the iTunes festival in Sept, since the promo for the event is still in the "line-up release" stage. fingers crossed, but I'm not hopeful.

If I remember correctly, wasn't LPU12 sold with membership benefits that included an "upcoming UK and European Tour"? (although given the lack of a European headline tour, I admit, the UK's not the only one with a raw deal here)

They were probably thinking 'upcoming' as 'it'll happen eventually. Not this decade but it'll happen!'

yeah but by then you need to renew with LPU50 :lol:

although maybe they did have something planned at it wasn't announced before something fell through? I'm grasping at straws though, I'd consider this pretty unlikely to have happened since they already had a ton of festival dates lined up

i don't think they had any thoughts to come to UK/Europe in 2013. look at the 2012 page, all the dates in 2012 are too dense, maybe it was planned to come to UK between St. Petersburg to Tokyo? or before Lisboa? maybe the venues wasn't fit to their dates?

Edited by Skipees