Best Live Recordings? AUD/DSP

WretchesandLosers96

Alright, so I need help selecting the best live recordings of Linkin Park for my IPhone. I love the live stuff a lot more than studio. I only have 10 GBs left on my IPhone and I want to at least get a couple shows from each year. They can be audience or soundboard recordings.

Edited by Living Things!

2000: 12/17 KROQ AAC

2001: 9/16 Docklands Arena, London

2002: 3/2 Foro Sol, Mexico City

2003: 8/9 Coliseum, Los Angeles OR 8/10 3Com Park, San Francisco

2004: 8/3 Tweeter Center at the Waterfront, Camden

2005: 2/18 Music For Relief

2006: 8/12 Summer Sonic, Osaka

2007: 7/25 White River Amphitheater, Auburn OR 10/15 Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne

2008: 2/26 Sommet Center, Nashville OR 7/12 Edgefest

2009: 8/15 Shanghai Stadium, Shanghai OR 7/26 Tuborg Greenfest

2010: 11/11 O2 Arena, London OR 12/3 Brisbane Entertainment Center, Boondall

2011: 6/14 Ericcson Globe Arena, Stockholm

2012: 9/14 Arena Ciudad de México, Mexico City OR 10/8 Citibank Hall, Rio de Janeiro OR 11/7 Cape Town Stadium, Cape Town

Edited by Soul

2000: 12/17 KROQ AAC

2001: 9/16 Docklands Arena, London

2002: 3/2 Foro Sol, Mexico City

2003: 8/9 Coliseum, Los Angeles OR 8/10 3Com Park, San Francisco

2004: 8/3 Tweeter Center at the Waterfront, Camden

2005: 2/18 Music For Relief

2006: 8/12 Summer Sonic, Osaka

2007: 7/25 White River Amphitheater, Auburn OR 10/15 Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne

2008: 2/26 Sommet Center, Nashville OR 7/12 Edgefest

2009: 8/15 Shanghai Stadium, Shanghai OR 7/26 Tuborg Greenfest

2010: 11/11 O2 Arena, London OR 12/3 Brisbane Entertainment Center, Boondall

2011: 6/14 Ericcson Globe Arena, Stockholm

2012: 9/14 Arena Ciudad de México, Mexico City OR 10/8 Citibank Hall, Rio de Janeiro OR 11/7 Cape Town Stadium, Cape Town

Thank you for the suggestions!

My list will encompass both what I would call an "awesome" or "epic" show with a good recording of it. I know some of these are video but I listen to the audio for them as I rarely ever watch LP video haha. The ones in bold are ones you simply have to have 100% and cannot miss if you like LP live. You have my full guarantee that the bolded ones are A++++. I am biased a little bit for A Place For My Head and P5hng Me A*wy though, haha.

2000: (not a big fan of the 2000-era of LP for some reason. these are the few I listen to every now and then though, but I can't honestly recommend any 2000 show as a "must have" to you)

11.10.2000 Springfield

17.12.2000 KROQ AAC

21.12.2000 Modesto

2001:

03.02.2001 Dragon Festival - crowd is loud as hell, great performance by LP, listened to this one a few times recently

21.02.2001 NYC - Mike crowdsurfing! Good NYC show.

16.04.2001 Palladium - probably one of my top 3 LP recordings ever, such an awesome show. Chester in PJs! This is a really good one.

02.06.2001 Rock im Park (Night Show) - Taking Slipknot's place. Mike/Chester are either very drunk or on some serious drugs. Hilarious commentary at this one and they win the Slipknot crowd over who ends up loving them by the end.

16.09.2001 London - Biggest headlining show for them at the time. So good. And One at this one is the best I've heard. Definitely my favorite proshot video of LP that exists.

2002:

08.02.2002 Uniondale - Sal comes up for My Own Summer! My favorite 2002 show with a cool setlist. Can't recommend any 2002 show as a "must have" though. Good shows but none were 100% epic.

2003:

The sound on the LPU Tour was so weird and bassy...band sounded really odd to me. Can't recommend any shows from that tour as I just don't really like the sound on the whole tour. Must have been the new LP gear with the small venues. The pro audio sounds good but the fan audio doesn't sound good at least to me. It sucks because the crowds on the entire tour are going absolutely. fucking. nuts. Europe god damn explodes the whole show at all the LPU shows.

02.03.2003 Paris - would probably sound the best on an iPod. it's a good show with a crazy crowd.

12.03.2003 NYC - This one or Paris are the "least bassy" sounding ones, and Chester is in love with the crowd in NYC I think due to the commentary from him on this tour (ESPECIALLY Nottingham earlier in this LPU Tour) he must have smoked a lot of weed before he performed lol. So much cussing on this tour from him, but really entertaining. One of them is on With You at this show. Nottingham's APFMH speech is the best one though lol

09.08.2003 Los Angeles - My favorite Sanitarium show. Hometown show for LP. Band in great shape.

22.08.2003 Reading Festival - One of the best LP shows ever recorded. Hope we get a DSP someday. Crowd going apeshit the whole show and the band is exploding about it. Don't ever miss this show.

25.10.2003 Tokyo (Night 2) - Of the 3 nights in Tokyo I like this one the best. Since 2005, nkramar and I have been randomly texting each other "Yeah we're gonna do this one beginning-to-end, Reanimation-style just for you guys. It's called P5hng Me A*wy" just because the P5hng from this show is so good. Incredible audio quality for a recording...I listen to this show probably the most out of any live LP recording I have. Band is on fire. My December returns to the setlist for the first time all year. APFMH and OSC are sick. Night 3 is also really good (Mike gives a speech in Japanese after APFMH & the crowd goes crazy) but this one is my favorite. Love. this. show.

21.11.2003 Manchester - Such a shame we only have 1 recording of this setlist with Papercut opening. Standing In The Middle over Nobody's Listening and really neat set before the Meteora World Tour in 2004 kicks off.

2004:

15.03.2004 Inglewood - last show of the tour, a makeup show. 2 LP birthdays at this one.

06.06.2004 Rock am Ring - you already know this show. it speaks for itself!

09.06.2004 Lisbon - I like this show more than Rock am Ring. Another fan up on APFMH but it seems like a better show overall.

03.08.2004 Camden - proshot is here on LPLive. Great show.

28.04.2004 Somerset - there are only 3 full, good PR04 recordings (my favorite tour LP has ever done). this one is stellar!

05.09.2004 Mountain View - the unbeatable show. I mean wow. If you ask me my favorite Linkin Park show I've ever heard 2000-now, it is EASILY Mountain View 2004. The A Place For My Head here speaks for itself. Never heard Chester roar like that on the bridge.

2005:

18.02.2005 Music For Relief - just recently released here. instantly one of the most epic shows LP has ever played. a must have. LP/JZ! Frgt10!

2006:

12.08.2006 Osaka - My favorite Reading My Eyes comes from this performance. But just an awesome show overall. I listen to it a lot and I feel like it's one of the best overall LP shows that I've heard. What a cool setlist too. Really love Osaka 2006.

13.08.2006 Tokyo - I have to recommend this one because the commentary is great and the crowd is really good too. The quality of the recording isn't the greatest though so for quality get Osaka, but get Tokyo for the laughs and just to listen to once or twice. I hope we get a DSP of this show sometime.

2007:

Hamburg would be up here if the recording is ever released someday. I don't feel like LP got into the "epic show" stage until Projekt Revolution though. So the DSPs start here:

25.07.2007 Auburn - People still call this the best DSP that LP has released. Pooch even gets angry because so many fans tell him to mix shows like this one. For some reason though, this show has a different sound than any other DSP. Each instrument comes through so well in the mix. The result is one of the best DSPs the band has ever released and people LOVE it. It's also a great fucking show lol. Live debuts for a few songs as well as new intros/outros to some songs. This is my favorite Bleed It Out the band has ever played (that I've heard).

07.08.2007 Atlanta - biased because I was there and it was my first LP show. But Mike dedicates TLTGYA to all the people from New Orleans, which he's only done once. It got picked for the LPU 7.0 show too. Until about 2010 this was my favorite What I've Done I've heard them play too. On OSC a lot of the crowd in the seats were standing up in the seats and people were going apeshit lol. Mike on his blog recommended this show for download as well. Must have been 110 degrees at this one. Not even the hottest PR07 show but it was a great one.

15.10.2007 Melbourne (Night 2) - Chester breaks his wrist. Really interesting to hear how the rest of the show goes after that.

22.10.2007 Brisbane - My favorite post-PR07 show from 2007. Chester in the crowd on Bleed It Out with his cast on "YOU READY TO FUCKIN SING WITH ME" - A great end to the Australia/NZ tour. The band talks a lot and I really like this setlist. With my 3 recommendations from 2007, you get all 3 setlists and fucking GREAT performances of all 3. This was the only audience recording we had of the tour until they released the DSPs a few years ago, so I was very glad to get this show.

2008:

16.01.2008 Hannover - so biased on this one because when this setlist leaked online the LP fanbase ROARED in appreciation. People came back from the show with incredible reviews (Mike's "Just Like Heaven" cover, APFMH returning but with a new Brad Delson solo intro, KRWLNG intro returning to Crawling, My December and BTH in an encore, WID opening with a new epic intro, TWO encores, etc). Instantly this became a big hit for a DSP favorite. Crowd is in to this one from the get-go and it turns out to be my favorite 2008 show.

20.01.2008 Frankfurt - I've listened to the Germany early 2008 shows a lot recently...band plays so well with lots of energy on the stage. They play better with a great crowd and Germany always delivers. I love this show.

21.01.2008 Koln - The next night is just as good, lol. All of these new setlists in early 2008 had GREAT performances when they first started playing them. Ask a German which one is better between Frankfurt and Koln...I like Frankfurt a bit better.

26.02.2008 Nashville - probably a better show than Hannover but the crowd isn't as good. Mike sprays the crowd with silly string on APFMH intro when he appears way out in the crowd lol. Great show.

----how sad we have no DSPs of Europe's summer tour in 2008 besides Milton Keynes----

12.07.2008 Toronto - don't miss out on the coolest start to an LP show in a while. BTH piano, PMA piano, and HHH partially piano before the rest of the band arrives and they start the show. LP arrives mega late to this show so Shinoda and Chester have to improvise on how to start the show. Good performance.

17.08.2008 Camden - the best PR08 show and only one I'd recommend. This one is good.

2009:

30.07.2009 Stuttgart - very biased because I was there but the crowd was going just nuts the whole show...over 30,000 there. Reading My Eyes over POA outro, Chester in great shape, crowd chanting Mike's name before BTH. Crowd has no idea WTF happens for Dead By Sunrise so they go fucking crazy when LP comes back for their final encore. The energy keeps building song after song on the encore (New Divide, Faint, OSC)...dust everywhere lol. What an amazing show, definitely the #1 LP show I've ever seen. Listen to the crowd at the end of SIB when Chester yells STUTTGART. Place is exploding. I'll never see a crowd at any show I ever see again that was as good as this one. It's the only DSP I have a CD of in my car and I listen to it frequently.

2010:

20.10.2010 Berlin - First show in Germany for the ATS tour. Honorable mention of the WTCFM performance here. This was also the first DSP we got for ATS so I guess I'm biased since I listen to it a lot. Paris had APFMH's only 2010 performance but I think Berlin is the best overall show of the tour.

13.12.2010 Melbourne (Night 2) - Endless speculation show after show for weeks....and they finally debuted Blackout and Burning In The Skies at this one. So a good DSP because of that but ND/F/OSC closed the encore (that epic 2009 encore they had) again. And fuck Iridescent (this was 1 of only 2 times it wasn't played on the ATS World Tour). But no 2010 performance is incredible enough for the bold mention...seems like the band wasn't just bringing the crazy energy like 2009.

2011:

Ooooh I didn't think they had a lot of energy on the US tour either and it didn't carry through the year. Hamburg was a good show. I wasn't at any 2011 show besides the first 3 so I can't really comment.

14.06.2011 Stockholm - my favorite recording of the year. Crowd rocks. Watch a video of Faint from this one haha. People were really looking for a setlist change around this time (after 4 shows of about the same thing) so Stockholm brought a lot of relief with a headlining show, a new setlist and a crazy crowd.

2012:

Finally LP gets their on stage energy back that they really lacked in 2010 and 2011 (in my opinion). New setlists and a gooooooood European Tour to start the LT World Tour.

26.05.2012 Lisbon - Webcast of the new set! Instant hit. Crazy crowd (Portugal always kicks ass) and an awwwwwesome show. Shinoda even says "Pooch crank that shit" before Papercut, lol. Recommended because it brings it big time.

Most of the Euro Tour was great. Berlin, Moscow, St. Petersburg, etc. I'd recommend Wantagh if it had a DSP actually even though I dislike that setlist a lot.

17.08.2012 Camden - LPU Summit. APFMH with the new setlist and the damn debut of TINFOIL, Faint LFY/Papercut, OSC in the encore. So great. And WTCFM sneaks in after a leaked setlist earlier in the day shows Crawling instead. Pit was going off at this show and LP in my opinion was in the best shape live since Stuttgart 2009 when I saw them there. Destroys the 2010 and 2011 shows lol.

The South American Tour is something that speaks for itself though. The Rio crowds are the loudest crowds you'll ever hear in an LP DSP. They are really just like the LPU Tour 2003 but even better, probably. Brazil really goes off. Sao Paulo is another great show. I recommend all 3 of those. I've never heard LP crowds as loud as Rio N1 and N2. They chant for Crawling so loudly in between songs that Chester is basically forced to sing it for them LOL.

Add:

2001: Tokyo / Belgium / Las Vegas / Rock am Ring / Berlin / Paris (9/18)

2003: Detroit

2007: Taipei / Shanghai

2008: NYC

2009: Taipei

2011: Norway / (Finland)

2012: Bucharest, Romania / Warsaw, Poland / Bristow, VA

Edited by franktaiwan

• 6 years later...

Some of my favorites.

2000.09.16 - Lake Buena Vista, FL. The very first show I ever listened to by the band and it's my favorite from 2000 by far. Killer performances and a great quality recording for a 2000 show.

2000.11.30 - Providence, RI. A horrible quality, but if you download the pitch corrected version, it's not that bad. It's a really awesome show, just the quality is sub par. But for some reason I have loved this show forever.

2001.01.11 - London, ENG. Very epic and amazing early 2001 show from the band. Awesome performances, awesome banter, and great quality.

2001.06.29 - Mountain View, CA. A good Ozzfest show. Quality isn't that good at all but it's not completely terrible. I like this show.

2001.09.16 - London, ENG. Obvious reasons.

2001.12.09 - Universal City, CA. I have always really loved this show. The LPLive Remaster version is the best for it. So good. Rare, unique set. And great quality.

2002.02.08 - Uniondale, NY. PR02 was epic as fuck but we don't have too much to work with. This show is my favorite out of all the shows we have. Crazy energy, crazy ass crowd, great banter throughout, solid performances. If this show existed in a DSP style, I guarantee many people would consider it one of the best LP shows of all time. It's underrated as a show.

2003.03.23 - San Francisco, CA. My favorite from the LPU tour. Great quality recording, awesome performances, etc. I love the set with HTF and ETR, too. Can't go wrong with this show.

2003.08.22 - Reading, ENG. If this show existed in a better quality, it would be the greatest LP show of all time. It's amazing. I love the banter, the performances, everything. It is just the epitome of early LP and it's great. The recording isn't good but it's still worth having for sure.

2004.02.02 - Colorado Springs, CO. This was the second LP show I ever listened to back in the day. I love this show not only for those memories, but I also love the show because it's just great. Meteora World Tour is often overlooked and it's underrated. Band sounded fire. Set was amazing. The bass in this recording is annoying but turn on bass reducer and it's not so bad. I love this show a lot. Faint from this show is the best ever, IMO.

2004.06.06 - Adenau, RP. Obvious reasons.

2004.09.05 - Mountain View, CA. Ahh. The holy grail of LP shows right here. Everything about this show is pure amazingness. The banter is awesome. Performances are very solid. Best screams from Chester, ever. The recording is not the absolute best but it's not too bad. Again, if this show existed as a DSP, wow, it would go down in history even more than it already has. The best LP show ever, IMO.

2005.02.18 - Anaheim, CA. I don't love this show but it has a cool set and it has Frgt/10, which is epic, as well as the 6 Collision Course tracks. There were only 2 shows in 2005 so this one was a better choice over Live 8 which most people already have whether it be LPU5 or something else. Quality isn't that great and the performances aren't as amazing as other shows but it's a rare show and it has Frgt/10 so yeah.

2006.08.15 - Sendai, JP. Summer Sonic is often regarded as the best tour the band ever did because of the performances, they were so good. And they are. However, the Osaka and Chiba recordings are just TERRIBLE to me. I hate the crowd noise so much and there are irritating glitches throughout, the sound also isn't that good. Sendai is also bad, but I love the show so much. The banter is my favorite out of any LP show out there. The performances are A+ but the quality of the recording isn't that great. If you can overlook it, it's an amazing show, capturing a special time for the band. The set is already famous because of RME and Qwerty.

2007.04.28 - Berlin, BE. I remember watching the very first clips of this show surface on YouTube right after it happened. Great show. First MTM actual show. Solid performances, a very cool set. I love this show so much. A must have. Also has the best NMS performance, IMO.

2007.07.25 - Auburn, WA. The holy grail of DSP's. The best sounding one of all. The best performance from the band during the entire MTM cycle. Epic banter, the band sounded amazing. God damn I love this show. A must have for any fan. It's also the first show of the best tour the band has ever done, IMO, PR07, for personal reasons.

2008.02.16 - Detroit, MI. I really love this amazing show. Solid performances, great energy from the band, which was rare for this time period of early 2008. The speech before In Pieces is awesome. Really solid performances of songs like APFMH, Faint, In Between, etc. here too. Definitely download it.

2008.07.19 - Camden, NJ. By far the best show of PR08, IMO. Just download it, you will like it. Solid performances, a cool unique set with Chris Cornell on Crawling and We Made It with Busta. SDC during songs. Great speech from Chester before BTH, too, always pumps me up.

Edited by Garret

• 3 months later...
On 1/28/2013 at 5:32 PM, Hahninator said:

The sound on the LPU Tour was so weird and bassy...band sounded really odd to me. Can't recommend any shows from that tour as I just don't really like the sound on the whole tour. Must have been the new LP gear with the small venues. The pro audio sounds good but the fan audio doesn't sound good at least to me. It sucks because the crowds on the entire tour are going absolutely. fucking. nuts.

The LPU tour is actually amazing man. San Francisco 2003 is one of the best from 3/23/03. Sounds fine to me. I think the US leg of it was even better than the European one. You had Detroit 2003 which was filmed and is badass. You have good shows like St. Louis, NYC, San Francisco, etc. Worcester was cool, too. San Francisco 3/23/03 is my favorite show of 2003 (Reading would be if the recording was DSP).