The Ultimate Song... Which One?

THE GREATEST SONGS EVER  

23 members have voted

1. 1. THE SONGS

• Foreward
    • Empty Spaces

This thread isn't even remotely funny. If you're gonna spam you should at least try.

Who said anything about trying to be funny? It's kind of true though, Foreward and Empty Spaces are tough tracks to chose from. Most people probably can't pick one :P

Well, Foreword is an excellent builder of tension, with some nifty percussion work and chilling ambience, but on the other hand, Empty Spaces is a soundscape with numerous overlapping textures and a real feeling of anticipation.

After careful deliberation, I chose Foreword as the sound of glass breaking in the outro is just such a brilliant musical highpoint for the band.

Well, Foreword is an excellent builder of tension, with some nifty percussion work and chilling ambience, but on the other hand, Empty Spaces is a soundscape with numerous overlapping textures and a real feeling of anticipation.

After careful deliberation, I chose Foreword as the sound of glass breaking in the outro is just such a brilliant musical highpoint for the band.

Fuck you, Empty Spaces is literally the most musical piece that Linkin Park has ever put out.

The amount of emotion in those 14 seconds...it's unbelievable. The buildup of sound, all bringing you up to expect one thing when suddenly it's something totally different. Brilliant. Genius.

Also this topic is dumb.

Though I've previously said that Empty Spaces is the best LP song, after repeated hearings and lots of sleepless nights, I'd have to say that Foreword is much more mature with lots of magical moments hidden inside it. One true masterpiece. The undeniable perfect song.

I could really go on an on and write all about the perfection of the song but I do not want to spoil for those have yet to find the magic of glorious song.

Come on, don't be that mad about it, you don't have to reply if you don't want to.

I go for Foreword.

Though it's short; I like the tention it builds up in you. Empty Spaces is even worse than real empty spaces. Should've been sticked to BITS or WTCFM.