TheHundreds.com: Living Things "In The Mix"

hahninator

Seriously with the shit about the mixer? The dude's mixing the album, it's not like he's writing the damn songs. He's the last person that I'd look at to blame if the album sounds like shit.

LP fans will find absolutely anything to complain about, I swear.

I don't really think that has much to do with anything.

It has nothing to do with anything. Mixing is just taking what is already been recorded and blending all the frequencies, volume, sounds,etc together. Without mixing. no matter how well written the song is...it would sound like a trainwreck on a recording. Mike knows how to mix himself but its usually better if someone else comes in and mixes and masters because it adds another ear to the record.

The fact that they got the same guy who mixed Justin Bieber's record just means Warner is putting alot of money behind the record..which LP will clearly make back. :D

It has nothing to do with anything. Mixing is just taking what is already been recorded and blending all the frequencies, volume, sounds,etc together. Without mixing. no matter how well written the song is...it would sound like a trainwreck on a recording. Mike knows how to mix himself but its usually better if someone else comes in and mixes and masters because it adds another ear to the record.

The fact that they got the same guy who mixed Justin Bieber's record just means Warner is putting alot of money behind the record..which LP will clearly make back. :D

And on top of that, no mixer in the goddamn world can make a Linkin Park song sound like a Bieber song, because that's just not the job of a mixer at all. If you're going to worry about anyone on the production team, worry about the producer.