Justice For Linkin-Park.It

Nameless

Hey guys, thought you might want to check this post out from LPLive user 'Nameless'. -Mark

Linkin-Park.It has been closed by Warner Brothers on October 28th. The label accused JomJom (l-p.it owner) for sharing copyrighted mp3s. He will be in a court of law someday soon and he risks to be jailed (2 yrs min). That's a shame, since there was no copyright infraction (mp3s werent from any official release!) Plus since May 2008, there was no download area at all!! So it's like there's something more unclear behind this decision. All we can say is: JUSTICE FOR LINKIN-PARK.IT. in the meantime you can join the new forum @ http://www.jomjom.eu

PEACE

JomJom words. Justice.

Here is the video (italian and english): YouTube

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ping, highly doubtful.. LPL has never released commercial material and will never do it. It's LPLive for a reason, what LPL is doing is fine since it's all fan material and is not being sold.

Now, I never visited L-P.it but I just want to say Tom Whalley is a toaster... Have you guys noticed that all of the official videos of LP are gone except for this guy's? This shows how stupid warner is..

"That's definitely not fucking profitable" - Jack Dablemont

Jack, enjoy your warning points - Persephone

Edited by persephone

@ all future posters. If you have nothing more to say than 'fuck warner' or anything like it, don't comment at all. Thank you.

EDIT: Sad to see that the label took this step, and even the whole court way. If it was really for copyright they could close like almost all the LP fansites if they wanted.

That just shows, if they want your site closed they find a reason.

Sad. Warner, I think that's a really landmark step for you guys, the LP Community will never forgive you for some of the things you've done, and this may well be the final straw for many. LP have always been for the fans, it's just Warner who have fucked everyone. Very sad times. I would like to see three or four greatest hits albums of about 4 songs just so LP can cut themselves free of Warner's cold dead grip.

smD

well it's their fault for being stupid and hosting illegal media on their server. warner isn't making this up people.

Yeah, I am sure you have NEVER downloaded an MP3 of any kind for free. -_-' You are missing the point that the guy had no official mp3's hosted, at least since May of 2008, where he most likely got a warning and took them down as WB wished. Now they are just pushing their limits on everything. I uploaded a remix video (BBB Remix over Where'd You Go video) and had it up for years...had to delete it the other day because Warner went on a rampage. I made the video simply for fun...made no profit at all from it.

i barely understand it. they need to put a language option or something

the video is in italian, the tips and the comment are in english :o

if u meant the forum, it's an italian lp ex-community, sorry :(

@Tronz: facepalm.jpg

Warner also blocked the possibility to renew the linkin-park.it domain...

Edited by Nameless

You guys are acting like Warner is just making this up for the fuck of it. They violated some copyright law and will go in front of a judge. If there's no case then they won't win BUT if the guy is guilty he'll be found guilty and punished. Warner is a BUSINESS. You guys always forget that. They're not out here to make friends, they're here to make money and they do a damn good job of it.

Warner are a bunch of fucking Nazi's so who cares? PLENTY of other band's fans are able to make fansites, it shouldn't be such a big fucking problem. I hope LP realizes what is happening to the fans.

You guys are acting like Warner is just making this up for the fuck of it. They violated some copyright law and will go in front of a judge. If there's no case then they won't win BUT if the guy is guilty he'll be found guilty and punished. Warner is a BUSINESS. You guys always forget that. They're not out here to make friends, they're here to make money and they do a damn good job of it.

[bullshit]

You guys are acting like Warner is just making this for money 'cause the financial crisis. They didn't violated some copyright law and will go in front of a judge. If there's no case then they won't win BUT if the guy is guilty he'll be found guilty and punished. Warner is a MAFIA. You guys always forget that. They're not out here to make friends, they're here to make money (or destroy the xmas like the grinch) and they do a damn good job of it.

fixed

[/bullshit]

And you forget one thing:

YES fans ---> YES money

No fans ---> No money

i'm not telling you to not buy the LP cds, but if all the italian hardcore lp fans will do it, italian warner will rage a bit ^^

[bullshit]

You guys are acting like Warner is just making this for money 'cause the financial crisis. They didn't violated some copyright law and will go in front of a judge. If there's no case then they won't win BUT if the guy is guilty he'll be found guilty and punished. Warner is a MAFIA. You guys always forget that. They're not out here to make friends, they're here to make money (or destroy the xmas like the grinch) and they do a damn good job of it.

fixed

[/bullshit]

And you forget one thing:

YES fans ---> YES money

No fans ---> No money

i'm not telling you to not buy the LP cds, but if all the italian hardcore lp fans will do it, italian warner will rage a bit ^^

Unfortunately copyrighted doesn't mean "from official release" (=Hibrid Theory, Reanimation, Meteora, M2M).

LPU songs, remix, official videos, making of, soundboards, amateur live recordings, all this stuff is copyrighted.

Most of the LP fan sites break the copyright laws (LPLive, LPTimes, and many others), I know it's bad, today who doesn't download copyrighted material?

And I agree on what you say about Warner, they could simply ask with a mail to remove the content without call the lawyers.

But like you said, they want more money, no matter how.

And what's going on under http://www.linkinpark.it?

That is another site, that one we are talking about was http://www.linkin-park.it Edited by Mark86

It's really sad that this has happened but if there were official files on the site at any time then it's just the law. Now I don't understand why this is happening now if he was warned and took the files down. And as for the live stuff being copywritten, yes it is but Mike himself has said it's okay to share the DSPs and live recordings. If Warner starts doing stuff because of that then we will have a problem and it will need to be Mike to the rescue.

And as for the live stuff being copywritten, yes it is but Mike himself has said it's okay to share the DSPs and live recordings. If Warner starts doing stuff because of that then we will have a problem and it will need to be Mike to the rescue.

I think whitout documents, say "Mike said it's okay" doesn't have so much value in court. Edited by Mark86