A Thousand Suns + DVD

Right, I searched for the newswire post but couldn't find it so started a new topic :) Basically I got it this week as it is now released but nowhere seems to be publicising it at all does anyone else have it yet? There was a lot of discussion over whether this would be the official live DVD for the album or not when it was first announced and having now watched the DVD (which is really good but would be better in blu-ray) I can't see that they would release another DVD from this album cycle. This basically has all the tracks on the album minus BITS and Blackout that have been played live and to be fair if they released another live album it would just be the same songs that were on the last two live DVDs so I see it as unlikely that another live release will come from this cycle. A few notes about the DVD - the credits contain the instrumental of RB and have to say I don't know if it's just 'cause I watched it in surround sound but there seems there is a lot more to the track than when the vocals are layered over it - I actually liked it lol. Also a nice addition is that when you stick the DVD in your PC you get mp3s of all the tracks :)

Anyone else have it? Like/dislike it?

I've had it for a while and I love it. I haven't actually watched the DVD but I listen to the mp3s a lot. It wasn't the best show they could have used for the DVD of ATS, but it's fine I guess. They should have played a show where they had almost all ATS songs in the set and filmed it for a DVD, I still think MSG should have been the DVD.

I have to say I think it should have been from an arena show to showcase the new stage - as cool as puerto de alcala was I think an arena show gives the proper experience of their show especially the whole intro of the individual boards on the diagonal back screen turning round and that.

I have to say I think it should have been from an arena show to showcase the new stage - as cool as puerto de alcala was I think an arena show gives the proper experience of their show especially the whole intro of the individual boards on the diagonal back screen turning round and that.

MSG 2011 should have been the live DVD for the ATS cycle. I mean cmon, it was so much better than Madrid. The set was B13, LP played good, and MSG is a world famous arena.

Have only watched it once, but I saw them in Manchester which was 2 days before and Birmingham which was 3 days after and on neither DSP does Chester sound as good as he does on here (or at least I don't think). However, remember that the DVD will have been mixed differently from how they mix DSPs. Maybe there's been slight altering but not that much as some songs sound pretty solid and the same as the DSPs. Anyone else think the same?

Have only watched it once, but I saw them in Manchester which was 2 days before and Birmingham which was 3 days after and on neither DSP does Chester sound as good as he does on here (or at least I don't think). However, remember that the DVD will have been mixed differently from how they mix DSPs. Maybe there's been slight altering but not that much as some songs sound pretty solid and the same as the DSPs. Anyone else think the same?

It was mixed differently, for sure. If a DSP of Madrid was released, it would sound different, just like the Milton Keynes DSP and RTR. The MSG show that was broadcasted on Fuse sounded way different than the mix for the DSP too, for example.

I bought ATS+ when it came out and feel the same way as everyone else: Ok show, would be better on Bluray, the MP3's sound excellent (but definitely post-produced quite a bit) and I wish they used the NYC show instead.

I definitely expect another album before we get a new live DVD, too.

on one site of the LP fans I heard that LP digitally improved vocals. What do you think about this?

Most any popular bands that put out a DVD or have any proshot video/audio will have some digital improvements made. It's not that the band demands it or anything, their mixing guys just do it to fix any glaring mistakes. It's not a big deal.

The problem is the setlist hasn't really changed since RTR - they're playing basically the same songs that were on there and ATS songs :/ If/when they next release an actual live DVD they need to be playing different songs otherwise it's just money-making! Also I think as they now have 2 live DVDs out it should only be a special occasion that they release DVDs for. I.E. for this touring cycle a better way to do ATS+ would have been to play the album in its entirety and then an encore of hits at least then there'd be a tad more variation in the set. For instance look at the variation in MTM sets or even Meteora sets from start to end whereas ATS sets really haven't varied much at all over the course of a year (nearly) anyone else think so?

The problem is the setlist hasn't really changed since RTR - they're playing basically the same songs that were on there and ATS songs :/ If/when they next release an actual live DVD they need to be playing different songs otherwise it's just money-making! Also I think as they now have 2 live DVDs out it should only be a special occasion that they release DVDs for. I.E. for this touring cycle a better way to do ATS+ would have been to play the album in its entirety and then an encore of hits at least then there'd be a tad more variation in the set. For instance look at the variation in MTM sets or even Meteora sets from start to end whereas ATS sets really haven't varied much at all over the course of a year (nearly) anyone else think so?

I wouldn't call it "just money-making." The ATS tour was their best tour to date in my opinion, in terms of the overall experience. The visuals, longer sets, etc. I do agree though, that they should start choosing shows with "different" songs in it.

they should release another dvd plus for this tour... i know they have played some of these song at one point in mtm tour, but there were left many songs in that show that have been played during this tour

-Jornada del muerto

-Blackout

-Burning In The Skies

-Leave Out All The Rest

-One Step Closer

-Lying From You

-From the Inside

-Given Up

-No More Sorrow

I know songs from previous albums appears on RTR but come on... it would be nice to have a dvd with all those songs with the new visuals, and to add something special they could open with moscow intro that night too :P

It was mixed differently, for sure. If a DSP of Madrid was released, it would sound different, just like the Milton Keynes DSP and RTR. The MSG show that was broadcasted on Fuse sounded way different than the mix for the DSP too, for example.

Not to be derailing the topic at hand, but the Milton Keynes DSP and the Road to Revolution audio were sourced from the same audio mix and almost identical. The RTR audio just had additional work done to it to fix mistakes, and it was remastered by Brian "Big Bass" Gardner for the physical release, which resulted in a slightly louder-sounding product.

It's not exactly derailing plus it's nice to know why they actually sound different from each other and okay maybe money-making is a little exaggerated but you see what I mean by releasing 3 live DVDs now with a main string of songs appearing in all 3 :/