Music For Relief Volunteers

HybridThe0ry97

I'm just wondering if I volunteer, will they refund my ticket price? I know that sounds bad of me....but that's $85!!!

Nope, they don't refund ticket prices. You're responsible for that lol. I didn't ever buy a ticket to begin with.

I'm volunteering with Preston and Mary Ann for the first 3 shows of the tour: Miami, Tampa, and Atlanta. Woo.

Rich is doing a show too, I think DC or NYC, he's confirmed. They are slowly getting to confirming people I believe. I sent my email in over a week and a half ago and just now heard something back.

Nope, they don't refund ticket prices. You're responsible for that lol. I didn't ever buy a ticket to begin with.

I'm volunteering with Preston and Mary Ann for the first 3 shows of the tour: Miami, Tampa, and Atlanta. Woo.

Rich is doing a show too, I think DC or NYC, he's confirmed. They are slowly getting to confirming people I believe. I sent my email in over a week and a half ago and just now heard something back.

Yup I got confirmation for the booth like two weeks ago for NYC.

No offense to you North American guys. But your complaining over tickets that are 85$? well i bought seat tickets for australia and that was $100aud... im pretty sure pit tickets were like.. $130 plus?

I'm sure that has to do with how much it costs to tour there, with a million different factors involved.

USA: I'm sure the increased production costs a pretty penny but not that much. The last arena tour was under $50, and that was in 2008. This is $85. Linkin Park brought 11 bands to Projekt Revolution and it was under $80. 3 bands here and it's $85. Ticket prices for this tour are absolutely ridiculous in my opinion, so that is definitely why I'm going the free route. I don't even have the money to pay $85 x 4 shows. LP used to be a lot cheaper. I'd rather them go back to just a plain white/black LP banner backdrop and lower ticket prices $35-$40 instead of having this "production" (that Muse still takes to the cleaners LOL) and bumping it up.

And now that I think about it, it can't only be the production because Mue brings 60x the live show LP is bringing right now, with lasers, shit falling down out of the sides of the arena into the crowd, rising towers, etc and they were $50. Ouuuuuch. So na, I'm not paying that $85.

I'm sure that has to do with how much it costs to tour there, with a million different factors involved.

USA: I'm sure the increased production costs a pretty penny but not that much. The last arena tour was under $50, and that was in 2008. This is $85. Linkin Park brought 11 bands to Projekt Revolution and it was under $80. 3 bands here and it's $85. Ticket prices for this tour are absolutely ridiculous in my opinion, so that is definitely why I'm going the free route. I don't even have the money to pay $85 x 4 shows. LP used to be a lot cheaper. I'd rather them go back to just a plain white/black LP banner backdrop and lower ticket prices $35-$40 instead of having this "production" (that Muse still takes to the cleaners LOL) and bumping it up.

And now that I think about it, it can't only be the production because Mue brings 60x the live show LP is bringing right now, with lasers, shit falling down out of the sides of the arena into the crowd, rising towers, etc and they were $50. Ouuuuuch. So na, I'm not paying that $85.

I would've liked to see them but i didnt have the money (they played 2 shows right after Melbourne Night2).But muse were about the same price as LP in australia. But im pretty sure increasing ticket prices are because of demand for the band, i mean muse arent as well known as LP in the U.S (i think) so there ticket prices would be cheaper, cause not as many people know them/want to see them. And people are willing to pay those prices to see their favourite bands so yeah.

Edited by Op4blushift

am i the only one who thinks this is kinda fd up?

* Please do not volunteer for the MFR booth if you are involved in the Meet & Greets and we also do not recommend those volunteering for the concert to volunteer for the Summit event in case of any interference between the two events.

http://www.musicforrelief.org/profiles/blo...-volunteers-for

am i the only one who thinks this is kinda fd up?

* Please do not volunteer for the MFR booth if you are involved in the Meet & Greets and we also do not recommend those volunteering for the concert to volunteer for the Summit event in case of any interference between the two events.

http://www.musicforrelief.org/profiles/blo...-volunteers-for

How is it "fd up?" They don't want you to sign up for two things that may clash with each other. Common sense. Rather than being "fd up?" it seemed more courteous.

How is it "fd up?" They don't want you to sign up for two things that may clash with each other. Common sense. Rather than being "fd up?" it seemed more courteous.

Because before it wasn't there. The initial post wasn't there. I know myself and other users have signed up for m&g's and now that they added that most probably wouldn't know about that edit unless they looked.

Because before it wasn't there. The initial post wasn't there. I know myself and other users have signed up for m&g's and now that they added that most probably wouldn't know about that edit unless they looked.

It was there when I sent my email lat month..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Guys, tell me what exactly is a volunteering, what you do and they also told to give you a ticket? Any chance to see the band without M&G attending?

You collect donations for MFR, not sure about the ticket situation as it seems they're doing things different this year. And no you dont meet the band.

• 2 weeks later...