G/A Floor (Pit) or Reserved seating

scofieldx

Hey everyone... First off, I'm Bob, long time member and lurker, but never really post, so take it easy on me if I mess up. So I'm going to the Cincinnati show in Feb. and I'm buying tickets the moment they are available. But I can't decide... Pit (which I've never done but want to experience) Or seats, which should be great. Some details... I really don't want to wait for hours in line to get a good spot in the Pit, so I could end up at the back.... or I could hope to pull seats really close, but not experience the pit. Is the back of the Pit still a better experience than really good seats? I've been to two LP concerts so far, and always had seats. You can just FEEL the energy in the Pit though. I guess I'm trying to talk myself into getting G/A tix, but would like to hear some stories first. I will wait in line for hours if I must, I live about 20 minutes from the venue so no problem there (It will be cold as all get the fuck out though). Thanks for any input guys, and if your going to the Cincy show too, maybe we could meet up!

to add to the questions, when you're in the pit, how early do you have to get there to get barricade? also, what do you do if you need to go to the bathroom? LMFAO

i understand that the first question might vary depending on the venue, i was wondering for the LA show.

Edited by parth196

Pit is the way to go. You get right up next to the band and get to be right in the middle of all the mayhem.

The best time I ever had at a concert was being in the pit at my first Korn show back in 2007 with a close second being the "lawn pit" at Mayhem three years later. Pits are freaking awesome!

In contrast, I saw Nine Inch Nails and Three Days Grace from seats. It just doesn't have that same interaction that you get when you're in the pit. You can definitely notice things more and sit back and enjoy the music if you're into that when you're in the seat. I don't know the extent of LP's light show (never been to an LP show), but if that's a main attraction, go for the seats.

So far....

Pit +1

Seat 0

I want to see a good show, but I love getting involved. Moshing= not an issue, I can handle that. I just don't want it to be like being at a crowded bar with music in the background... if that makes any sense.

For a good pit spot I was at the venue at 3:50 with the first support band playing at 6:30, and I was 5 rows of people away from the stage. I recommend pit all the way if you're bulky enough and ready to take on a beating. It fills you with adrenaline being there trying to stand your ground.

Ha! I'm not bulky. 140 and 5'10", but I can hold my own (not that I will fight or anything lol)

So far...

Pit +2

Seats 0.

Presale is Monday folks.... I always gather as much info as possible before deciding..... Input is MUCH appreciated.

yeah i saw NIN with seats too but i was so pissed i hadn't gotten GA, so GA = not pissed ;)

It seems I'm all out of excuses then! I always take advice to heart... I don't want to get seats and then wish afterward I had gotten G/A. Bobby + Pit = Win.

answer please, LMFAO.

Nobodys answered cuz theres nothing you can do :P

but in all seriousness, we took turns at NYC outside in line who needed to go do something. I held it in from 7-1030ish i didnt want to lose my spot in line. But the excitement of LP helped hold it in :)

First of all, in response to the OP, I always get pit tickets for every concert I go to. It's amazing to feel the pounding bass right through your chest and having more interaction with the band.

Here's what to expect in the pit:

- Dodging feet from the crowd surfers. (Some venues don't allow crowd surfing but it ends up happening at some point in the night anyways and getting kicked in the face really pisses you off.)

- Getting beer spilled on you. (Which could easily happen in seats as well)

- Dodging psychotic girls (refer to Oklahoma story below) (Also: I'm not sexist. Just look at some old live Beatles videos. With the fame status that Linkin Park has, it's just to be expected.)

- Dodging drunk men.

- Possibly slipping on beer.

- Pushing/Shoving.

- Screaming in your ears. (Ex: -Wretches and Kings begins to play- "HOLY SHIT!!!! OMG!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! OMFG!!!!")

Well, I can't think of anything else for that, but it's really an amazing experience if you can avoid those problems. Just tackle it, I've never had any problems with it. Just make sure you're cautious of what I mentioned.

and also linkin park crowds arent that violent LOL

This is FAR from the truth! :blink:

You could easily die from being trampled on by all the teenie boppers wanting to take a snapshot of Chester blowing them a kiss.

I had a girl offer me $20 to take my spot in Oklahoma.

I basically said, "NO WENCH! I WAITED ALL DAY FOR THIS SPOT," and I about fell on the floor later when she turbo-charged the back of my ass when Chester jumped down from the stage during Crawling.

Scary times...

whoever said get there no later than 2, is this for barricade, or just "in front?"

There's no set time or definitive answers for questions like this, so the bottom line is to get there as early as possible.

I have been to two Linkin Park shows (2004 and 2008) and I had arrived at about 1-2 PM for both and got about 2 rows from the front. The experience was amazing seeing that the band interacts with the fans wonderfully. It feels like you are much closer than you are (even though you're still pretty damn close).

Getting the barricade is more or less dependent on who shows up first. Twenty people could show up at 5 AM that day and get the barricade, while you're sleeping in your comfortable futon or enjoying some HBO specials (you know what I'm talking about. ;))

Don't freak out, just show up anywhere from noon to 2 PM and make sure you pack a lunch or something. If you stress about being the "first" to be on the barricade, you will just be let down if your chances are gone once you show up.

It's really just a flip of a coin until you arrive. There could be a ton of people that had the same idea that you did, or there could be a ton of people who don't care about LP as much as you do and are more focused on having a drink and enjoying live music. You will MOST LIKELY get an amazing spot if you show up that early.

Edited by rav0k

There's no set time or definitive answers for questions like this, so the bottom line is to get there as early as possible.

I have been to two Linkin Park shows (2004 and 2008) and I had arrived at about 1-2 PM for both and got about 2 rows from the front. The experience was amazing seeing that the band interacts with the fans wonderfully. It feels like you are much closer than you are (even though you're still pretty damn close).

Getting the barricade is more or less dependent on who shows up first. Twenty people could show up at 5 AM that day and get the barricade, while you're sleeping in your comfortable futon or enjoying some HBO specials (you know what I'm talking about. ;))

Don't freak out, just show up anywhere from noon to 2 PM and make sure you pack a lunch or something. If you stress about being the "first" to be on the barricade, you will just be let down if your chances are gone once you show up.

It's really just a flip of a coin until you arrive. There could be a ton of people that had the same idea that you did, or there could be a ton of people who don't care about LP as much as you do and are more focused on having a drink and enjoying live music. You will MOST LIKELY get an amazing spot if you show up that early.

Its funny when people say that. I rocked up at 2ish at Newcastle. There were 3 people outside. It was just me my bro and them outside until about 5:45. Doors opened at 7. I found that quite amazing.

Its funny when people say that. I rocked up at 2ish at Newcastle. There were 3 people outside. It was just me my bro and them outside until about 5:45. Doors opened at 7. I found that quite amazing.

Yeah, there's really just no way of telling. It all depends on the fan base in the area they are playing at. Plus, the weather makes a pretty big impact.

To note, LP first came to Argentina this October, and arriving at 3:50 I had to walk past 2 blocks and a half of people just on the line. Thank God I run like a deer running from a fucking lion once I got through the security check. It just depends on what you do mostly.

First of all, in response to the OP, I always get pit tickets for every concert I go to. It's amazing to feel the pounding bass right through your chest and having more interaction with the band.

Here's what to expect in the pit:

- Dodging feet from the crowd surfers. (Some venues don't allow crowd surfing but it ends up happening at some point in the night anyways and getting kicked in the face really pisses you off.)

- Getting beer spilled on you. (Which could easily happen in seats as well)

- Dodging psychotic girls (refer to Oklahoma story below) (Also: I'm not sexist. Just look at some old live Beatles videos. With the fame status that Linkin Park has, it's just to be expected.)

- Dodging drunk men.

- Possibly slipping on beer.

- Pushing/Shoving.

- Screaming in your ears. (Ex: -Wretches and Kings begins to play- "HOLY SHIT!!!! OMG!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! OMFG!!!!")

Well, I can't think of anything else for that, but it's really an amazing experience if you can avoid those problems. Just tackle it, I've never had any problems with it. Just make sure you're cautious of what I mentioned.

This is FAR from the truth! :blink:

You could easily die from being trampled on by all the teenie boppers wanting to take a snapshot of Chester blowing them a kiss.

I had a girl offer me $20 to take my spot in Oklahoma.

I basically said, "NO WENCH! I WAITED ALL DAY FOR THIS SPOT," and I about fell on the floor later when she turbo-charged the back of my ass when Chester jumped down from the stage during Crawling.

Scary times...

Thanks for the honest appraisal! All of that actually sounds kinda fun to me.... I've always taken the easy road and got seats. Not this time dammit! I will get there early, rain or shine or cold and rock the fuck out!

I went to Best Buy and it was all GA. I'm about 5'3" and a girl and I was fine. I only really got "tossed" once and that pushed me forward so it was worth it. I think if you're a guy then you'll be fine (unless you want to mosh).

GA is definitely the way to go.

And to the guy talking about the crazy fangirls.....BEWARE! He's absolutely right. At the end of the show when Chester came in front of us I was lifted off my feet and basically supported by the poor man in front of me (who I was lying on top of) and the immense amount of bodies around me. That wasn't very pleasant (got to hold Chester's hand though ;) ) but that was only at the end.