The Meteora We Didn't Get

Mystery

Many people are curious about the "sophomore album" that was scrapped in favor of Meteora. Many people also believe that Meteora was a record label album, and all of the creativity was turned down in favor of sonic copies of Hybrid Theory tracks (In The End is similar to Somewhere I Belong) (Pushing Me Away is similar to Numb).

They creativity was there. They made a really unique guitar effect in Somewhere I Belong. Plus Breaking The Habit and Nobody's Listening had unique instrumentals that are really experimental and different. Don't Stay was originally supposed to have reggae/ska guitar plucks, but they dropped them in favor of a more rock/nu-metal sound. Halo uses a clinking sound effect throughout the song.

They had alot of unique ideas, some that were never presented in their previous album. They talked about re-writing the chorus of SIB belong over fifty times, so do you think that this album had potential to be something unique and different, but it was rushed into a mainstream carbon copy of the last album?

I agree with everything you're saying, but I think there was definitely more there that was scrapped because of Warner. There was creativity, but it could've been more.

Now what I have to wonder is, was the "sophomore album" really "ridiculously bad", or just "ridiculous"? Phoenix seems undecided in the Making of Meteora DVD. I doubt the music was bad, but it was too ridiculous for the label's liking, so it was scrapped.

i agree with everything you said except saying that it is a mainstream copy of the first one. besides that i agree with what you said. But also, I think meteora turned out great, so i don't mind that it was scrapped and re- written again

Weird, I never heard that an entire album was scrapped in favor of Meteora, well always learn something new, and well I don't think it's an "exact" carbon copy of Hybrid Theory, to point out the fact that they used different instruments I'm guessin also to experiment new sounds, like Breaking the Habit habit having an "Electro" feeling and Nobody's Listening Japanese Flute Opener, including strings in earlier versions of Faint. But I'm assuming there music showed alot more maturity reaching there 3rd album Minutes to Midnight.