Edgefest, Toronto, ON 7-12-08

Geki

• 2 weeks later...

i was at the show too. right up front. the rain was horrible...especially when the wind picked up. i was wet n freezing. to be honest i didnt like how they opened the set. its much more effective when they open with a bang (dont stay, OSC, NMS). ive been to 21 lp shows and while they were all great, this was actually my least favorite. still worth the 10 hour drive tho :)

well of course but for the circumstances they faced, im sure you'd rather them open the set like that and play 3 extra songs at the beginning than wait and open with WID and miss even more songs (3) from the setlist. WID most likely wouldn't have had the long intro...just the short piano piece, so I like what they did.

well yeah. under the circumstances it was fine. they did what they had to do and it worked out. i also agree it made that show more exclusive for us. i just didnt like it AS MUCH. im not saying that show was my least favorite JUST BC of how they opened it. it rained, the stage was unusually far from the front of the pit, and ive seen them perform much better. still u both have good points and i totally see where ur coming from. on the plus side they played APFMH...and it was my first time in canada. i met some really cool fans there