Manchester, NH 2-18-08

Geki

Where to start...

I was really excited for this show. I was living with my girlfriend during this time period, and her Dad, a professional truck driver, was going to drive us to the show, which was cool. We left pretty early in the morning. My friend who went to the Projekt Revolution 2007 shows with me was also going to this show, but he was heading to the show with his Dad. I'm not sure if we stopped for food or anything before the show, I don't think we did. Once we got there, there were some people already waiting at the venue, but only a few. I remember it started pouring rain pretty soon after we got there, which was unusual for February in New Hampshire. I got soaked but I honestly didn't really care, as long as I got front row for Linkin Park. I think there was a little pizza place nearby that we stopped at and we ate some food and got out of the rain for a little bit. When we got back to the line to wait, I remember some person came by and asked us if we wanted to see one of the tour buses or something, I can't remember what it was for, I think it was some Verizon thing. We obliged and checked it out. Pretty cool, but nothing too special. Once we got back to the line, my friend and his Dad arrived and they got in line right behind us. We finally got let into the venue and we rushed immediately to the stage, I didn't even stop to check out the merch or anything, which I wish I had done now, since the tour had some sick merch that I never got the chance to own.

We waited for Chiodos, who opened up the show. We got right up front on the bar, which was epic. Chiodos started off rather poorly, as they reportedly had sound issues and set up issues during the first part of the set, which I didn't know at the time, I just thought they sounded off. I remember one of the members of the band, I think the guitarist, wore shorts and flip-flops, which was pretty funny, since it was the middle of the winter on the east coast. Anyways, I didn't mind Chiodos' set, and I already had known some of their music beforehand, I liked them. Next up was Coheed And Cambria. I wasn't a big fan of them at the time of this show, but my girlfriend absolutely loved them, so it was cool for her. She sang along to the songs, etc. I remember a lot of people at the show loving them as well. One person even said that he thought they should be headlining and not Linkin Park, yeah right. Lol. I didn't mind their set really, I just wasn't really into them, and neither was my friend. Once they were over, it was finally time for Linkin Park. Once the lights went out and the intro to What I've Done started, I knew it was time. It featured the AMBO intro and the way it built up really hyped the crowd, including myself and my friend. Chester came out wearing some awesome hoodie and then the rest of the band came out, and they started rocking. It was amazing, Chester sounded SO good at this show, he really nailed What I've Done and the other songs. Faint and No More Sorrow came after and the energy kept getting higher and higher. The crowd was really loud and full of energy, like at the Mansfield 2007 show. During the bridge of From The Inside, Chester was rocking out so hard that he accidentally dropped his microphone on the ground between the barrier for the crowd and the stage. He signaled for the guards to hand it to him, but they didn't at first, which prompted Chester to get somewhat visibly pissed off. However, they handed it to him eventually and he continued the bridge. You can hear all of it in the DSP recording, I just thought it was a cool moment for some reason. I saw Hands Held High for the first time at this show, which was cool to see live. I remember really enjoying Given Up, I thought Chester sounded great on it at this show. Next came Valentine's Day, which is one of my favorite Linkin Park songs, so I was really happy and into the song. It featured a unique intro which hadn't been done before this show, so that was also really cool. I remember someone crowd surfed during it and kicked my girlfriend in the back of the head. Haha. But I really loved seeing it live and I remember it well to this day. Mike did a short cover of Umbrella by Rihanna after Numb, which was really weird, but cool in a way. The crowd was like wtf? It was the only time he did that on the tour. My friend's Dad absolutely loves Bleed It Out, and he went crazy once the intro started. Mike actually dedicated the song to him, because he was going so crazy. You can hear it in the DSP. He said ''We'll do this song for two cool guys here and a guy over there'' or something, but he pointed right at him when he said it. That was really cool. Next up was My December, which was really cool to see live, especially in piano form, it was a highlight of the set for me. A Place For My Head and One Step Closer closed the set, which is in my opinion, the best closer ever. Huge energy and everyone exploded. It was awesome. Really great end to the show. Once it was over, I remember just standing there on the bar thinking it was the best show I had ever seen by LP, seeing them 3 times before it. My friend felt exactly the same.

After the show, we headed out to the exit to find my girlfriend's Dad. He actually bought me a t-shirt, which was really cool of him, and my girlfriend got a Coheed And Cambria messenger bag. Pretty awesome. Once that was done, we left the venue and I don't think we even stopped to eat anything, I think we did stop at a gas station, though, and got some snacks. Once we got home, I had some romantic time with my girlfriend (and it was amazing hahahaha) and we crashed. Really great show.

Edited by Geki

Geki man all the shows you go to were awesome

you went to boston 08 first time using SDC CC on crawling and WMI

then Manchester 08 Umbrella VDAY Gtr intro

bamboozle first performances of the MTM songs in the US

then you went to edgefest BTH piano version with HHH/WID?!

dude you have been to awesome shows

Geki man all the shows you go to were awesome

you went to boston 08 first time using SDC CC on crawling and WMI

then Manchester 08 Umbrella VDAY Gtr intro

bamboozle first performances of the MTM songs in the US

then you went to edgefest BTH piano version with HHH/WID?!

dude you have been to awesome shows

;) Thanks. Here are some pics that my girlfriend took from Manchester

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n115/Ge...8-2-1800161.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n115/Ge...8-2-1800298.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n115/Ge...8-2-1800486.jpg

Edited by Geki

Sweet pics!!!! You and I need to be on the front row for a show. I'll come up to the northeastern neck of the woods for the best big US tour and I'll see what the deal is up there, lol. Every show you go to has some epic shit done, so I think you're a good luck charm.

Sweet pics!!!! You and I need to be on the front row for a show. I'll come up to the northeastern neck of the woods for the best big US tour and I'll see what the deal is up there, lol. Every show you go to has some epic shit done, so I think you're a good luck charm.

We should. I could also go down South maybe, if I have enough money. I always wanted to see a show in Atlanta or Florida.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Thanks again to Jster and 24880208 for their comments and advice.

I PASSED

The interview went well and i was made to feel very welcome and relaxed and was offered lots of encouragement throughout the interview.

Its always easy to say after the event but it really wasnt as bad as first thought

Next step for me is medical at end of july....BRING IT ON

Thanks. I'll write a review for Edgefest too since you mentioned it, I'm going to do one for the Fort Minor show I went to too.

Here are some pics that my girlfriend took from Manchester

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n115/Ge...8-2-1800161.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n115/Ge...8-2-1800298.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n115/Ge...8-2-1800486.jpg

2nd link was not found but other 2 are really cool.