Chester In Kerrang! Magazine

mlplus44

Hell yeah Chester hates Runaway. He doesn't like a lot of LP material.

When Session won an award he was PISSED that it wasn't one of their other songs lol. He's stated over time he doesn't like Hit The Floor, Easier To Run, and then when he was drunk off his ass at Club Tattoo he said he thought ITE was a piece of shit when they wrote it and that OSC is garbage haha.

His favorite song to play is FROM THE INSIDE. How random.

He doesn't like HTF! well, im not a big fan of it either. But seriously how could he not ETR! That song is amazing! Runaway is also amazing and Im pissed they aresn't playing it anymore :(

Oh well, it always been clear that FTI and Papercut are his favorite songs, and Papercut is one of my favorite songs too. FTI is great also but there are many better. Still im dissapointed he doesn't like ETR and Runaway

I love Linkin Park, but the amount of rejection of songs that aren't singles makes me sad. I hate that he said would never play Runaway, which means I doubt will hear By Myself, Forgotten, Figure 9, High Voltage, I want to hear some shit that doesn't touch the radio.

Pretty cool interview. I am the same way when I'm alone...I destroy myself. But I'm trying to change, like Chester did. The Runaway comment was pretty funny. I think the only songs I like from both HT and Meteora still are only Papercut, Crawling, Faint and Lying From You.

Ye Chaz have been saying that for some years now, he really doesnt like runaway

Did anyone else thought about SAW3d when reading the title

''Its taken Chester Bennington a Long time to get comfortable in his own skin''

While he rips his own skin off in the SAW3D movie.

Edited by Spooky

AMEN, Chester!

As much as I hate "Runaway" and some of the other songs, though, if one guy (out of 6) dislikes a song it shouldn't be retired forever. The albums are about the band, but the live shows should be for the fans. Fans might want to hear "Runaway", "QWERTY", "No Roads Left" etc.

Thanks for the scans!

LOL, I love how is one of the band members expresses their dislike for something off of HT or Meteora everyone gets mad. Why would they play something like Runaway anyways? This is the world tour for ATS. They should be playing Blackout, Robot Boy and Burning In The Skies before anything from 10 fucking years ago.

This is the world tour for ATS. They should be playing Blackout, Robot Boy and Burning In The Skies before anything from 10 fucking years ago.

100% with you on this my friend! I'd love to see ATS played start to finish, then come back and play a 45 minute set of singles, staples, etc. If LP are going to play the same old songs everyone has seen and heard a million times in person and on DSPs, they should change it up. It would be cool to see the "Reanimation" version of some songs or to get another medley like Nobody's Listening/It's Goin Down/Step Up.

Yeah.

Runaway sucks. I agree with Chester.

I only prefer live version.

In The End,OSC soso,not good enough.

Hit The Floor also sucks.(only intro is better)

Easier To Run soso.(but moving)

From The Inside is good,but not one of LP awesome songs IMO.

Papercut, APFMH, BIO, NMS, LFY, Faint, Don't Stay, Figure.09, WTCFM are LP classics IMO.

Edited by franktaiwan

I have a question. Chester liked the songs he "Hates" when he made them, right? cause why would he makes songs he hates?

Chester was the last person to join the band, unless you wanna say Phoenix was, but anyways, most of the material for Hybrid Theory was already written by the time he joined I believe.

don't you think that his answer about the 10th anniversary of HT was a little bit sarcastic? I know he doesn't like runaway but also the part "when we have 10 albums..." feels like a joke to me...dunno.

I mean that answer is totally out of place in my opinion if he was serious.

• 4 weeks later...