Chester Bennington vs. Ian Watkins?

LPjahova808

Hey, let's all start hating on a great vocalist from a great band because he doesn't kiss Chester's ass in the media! :rolleyes:

Not kissing his ass and talking shit for no apparent reason are two, TOTALLY different things...

The immaturity of Linkin Park fans amazes me sometimes.

Me too, but you'd think by this time, you'd be used to it....

I swear they'll immediately turn against anyone who has anything negative to say about LP or any of their members. Oh wait, this is the same fanbase that completely turned against Evanescence and Paramore solely because their fans were cheating in online voting contests (just like the LP fans were, but I wouldn't expect most LP fans to be affected by big words like "hypocrisy"). I guess I really shouldn't be surprised.

Common enemy hypocrisy?

Hey, let's all start hating on a great vocalist from a great band because he doesn't kiss Chester's ass in the media! :rolleyes:

The immaturity of Linkin Park fans amazes me sometimes. I swear they'll immediately turn against anyone who has anything negative to say about LP or any of their members. Oh wait, this is the same fanbase that completely turned against Evanescence and Paramore solely because their fans were cheating in online voting contests (just like the LP fans were, but I wouldn't expect most LP fans to be affected by big words like "hypocrisy"). I guess I really shouldn't be surprised.

it's funny that i'm with you on that one.

i really like the lostprophets and their shows are far more fun than linkin park's from the point of actually HAVING active fun instead of standing around and wave hands in the air.

there is not one album by them that i do not like and they were actually the first band i've ever seen live... opening for linkin park back in 2001.

seriously, don't let your opinion about someone's music depend on what he says. you may dislike the actual person, but music should stand for itself.

whatever?

i mean, his band got some really cool tunes, so why not enjoy those and give a fuck about what he says?

i don't wanna be friends with ian, mainly i want to enjoy his bands music.

plus, it's arguable if "his career" is undeserved or not. they got 4 albums out which are diverse to some extent and they know how to play a live show.

what bothers me the most is what astat pointed out. someone bashes the favourite bands lead singer and everyone goes apeshit about it and starts to hate. childish.

whatever?

i mean, his band got some really cool tunes, so why not enjoy those and give a fuck about what he says?

i don't wanna be friends with ian, mainly i want to enjoy his bands music.

plus, it's arguable if "his career" is undeserved or not. they got 4 albums out which are diverse to some extent and they know how to play a live show.

what bothers me the most is what astat pointed out. someone bashes the favourite bands lead singer and everyone goes apeshit about it and starts to hate. childish.

we weren't talking about the band.. Just him..

i could care either way, if the guy talks shit or not...

I also believe Chester may have rubbed him the wrong way, but...

I was talking to someone about this last night. He knows the original drummer of Lost Prophets, and has met them all. Very negative stuff about him. No one seems to like him.

Lostprophets come from about 8 miles from were I live BTW.

I also believe Chester may have rubbed him the wrong way, but...

I was talking to someone about this last night. He knows the original drummer of Lost Prophets, and has met them all. Very negative stuff about him. No one seems to like him.

Lostprophets come from about 8 miles from were I live BTW.

welshy i live in north wales. yeah like i said iv met him and he is so stuck up and rude to fans i like lostprophets music just cant be assed with them now since i met ian such a wanker i dont like him and thats even b4 he said this about chester

welshy i live in north wales. yeah like i said iv met him and he is so stuck up and rude to fans i like lostprophets music just cant be assed with them now since i met ian such a wanker i dont like him and thats even b4 he said this about chester

South Wales, Rhondda lol. Ive never met him but yea apparantly the original drummer left because he didnt get on well with IW...

At least with me, I'm not dogging on Ian because he said shit about Chester, I'm dogging on him because he didn't get his facts straight before he started talking shit.

Plus, singer from alt rock band starts alt rock band side project, pointless. I hate him.

That guy’s a cock.

I don't mean this to be offensive, but does anyone know if the new Linkin Park single is a joke?

As much as I feel like an opinion should be respected, I feel like these statements speak for themselves. Ian obviously wants a war in the press with Chester. Whether or not Chester will give in is up to him, but I do feel like his dogging on DBS had little or no substance to it.

I used to LOVE Lostprophets, but I became bored of them musically when Liberation Transmission came out. Also, in interviews their humour could be much sometimes and it would end up just sounding cocky, especially Ian. I have no idea what has happened between Ian and Chester, because at the beginning of their careers they seemed to get on fine I thought. They were on some festivals together and stuff and from magazines I read at the time it was all good. He obviously has got his facts wrong about Sonisphere, not sure what that's all about. Just say nothing! No need for the 'he's a cock' comments!

My views on this shouldn't be taken as me bashing Ian because he doesn't like Chester. In general I think you should keep feuds and arguments out of public.

Ian is cocky beause he likes cock in and around his mouth.

That's not the only place he likes it.

What a wanker. I'll bet he's learned a lot from the Gallagher brothers. Attack better and/or more popular groups/people to get attention. Maybe if their music was more consistently good he wouldn't have to resort to such pathetic tactics.

I like lostprophets I have seen them live and they were decent!

But this is just pathetic bashing Chester and linkin park in public on more than one occasion about things he doesn't know about! Just look at his twitter he replies to any hate or abuse he gets on there with abusive comments back not very professional! He should have better things to do like tour or write music?

a-thousand-broken-wings asked: Have you been hacked? Or are you generally this rude to all your fans? I really wanted to meet you guys because you seem really amazing but after seeing your answers to some of your fans I really don't think I want to add you to my list of people I have met.

Ian Watkins: Cry me a river.

This stuff just goes to show what kind of a douchebag this dude is

• 1 month later...

I think this fued may go back quite a while. I met Lostprophets outside the Newport Centre after their gig on April 27th 2006 (or maybe 2007, can't quite remember).

A few of us got chatting to Watkins and I asked him what it was like touring with Linkin Park.

He said 'yeah it was alright but the singer was a bit of a..."

I was taken aback at what he was saying and ended up blurting out "Mike?"

He said 'no the other one, he was just a bit of a..."

He seemed reluctant to say the word so I said 'nobhead' and he said 'yeah'.

I left it at that. I've always wondered what it was about but just assumed it was either a clash of egos (Watkin's ego is world famous) or just Chester being his usual annoying self. I know lots of people love Chester but he does come across as loud and annoying sometimes, especially compared to the rest of the members.

An to be fair to Watkins, although he is known as an arrogant prick, he was really cool and talked to loads of us for quite a while. He was very down to earth. Whereas the two times I've met Lp, I did think Chester was a bit of a dick!! Especially at the Astoria M&G when he started singing about being bored!