Random Question About A Song

stl_999

OK, so my friend uses Limewire to get music on his iPod, and sometimes if I like the songs he gets, he will give them to me too. This is how i first got into Linkin Park a couple years ago. One of the songs he gave me was Points of Authority. After a while, I noticed that the version he gave me sounded different than most versions I heard. I searched the internet a little and found that he had gotten some sort of remix from Limewire. He doesn't realize this because he doesn't like Linkin Park as much as I now do, so as far as he knows he has the normal song. I know it isn't the Reanimation version, and I think it might be called Vertical Limit (???) after looking up some lyrics. It is mostly the same as the normal version, but Mike's part is different, it goes:

Forfeit the game

Stop the talk show

Product of what

You're taught to know

Forfeit the game

'Cause tomarrow

When its all done

You reap what you sow

So my question is, where did this song come from, and when was it released?

Yeah I was wondering if it was a demo.... Thanks.

stop the talk show?! for real? lol never knew it said that, mike must have been watching Opera while writing this.

It's the demo of the album version, there are a few floating around.

At least that was what the lyrics site said, I'm not for sure on the lyrics. Edited by stl_999

Aren't there just two demos (the 8-track/9-track version and the "stop the talk show" version)?

Points & Authority (Hybrid Theory - "Demos" 9-Track)

Points And Authority (8-Track Demo)

Points Of Authority (Hybridtheory.com)

The version from HT.com uses the "stop the talk show" lyrics in the intro and bridge but is otherwise very similar to the album version.

Both the 8-Track and 9-Track versions use Mike's "Forfeit the game" lyrics as the chorus as opposed to the album version and the HT.com version which use Chester.

The 8-Track and 9-Track demos sound pretty much identical, but appear to be mixed differently, though any differences are VERY subtle. For all practical purposes, these two tracks are the same.

And there is a POA on the Linkin Park Sampler cassette, it could be a pre-final mix but it's really hard to say when you take into account that it was ripped from a tape.

Points & Authority (Hybrid Theory - "Demos" 9-Track)

Points And Authority (8-Track Demo)

Points Of Authority (Hybridtheory.com)

The version from HT.com uses the "stop the talk show" lyrics in the intro and bridge but is otherwise very similar to the album version.

Both the 8-Track and 9-Track versions use Mike's "Forfeit the game" lyrics as the chorus as opposed to the album version and the HT.com version which use Chester.

The 8-Track and 9-Track demos sound pretty much identical, but appear to be mixed differently, though any differences are VERY subtle. For all practical purposes, these two tracks are the same.

And there is a POA on the Linkin Park Sampler cassette, it could be a pre-final mix but it's really hard to say when you take into account that it was ripped from a tape.

Which version is the "Sink or Swim" version then?

I assume you mean the version with the "it's time to sink or swim" bridge? Without listening to any of them I believe that would be the 8-track and 9-track.

Yeah that's the one I meant. Thanks for clearing it up.