What if Meteora had flopped?

Anality

*shrug* Most likely scenario is Warner would've rushed them back into the studio to attempt to churn out another album, in a classic example of "throw shit at the wall and hope something sticks." We probably would've gotten a 3rd album a lot sooner, but it probably wouldn't have been any good.

*shrug* Most likely scenario is Warner would've rushed them back into the studio to attempt to churn out another album, in a classic example of "throw shit at the wall and hope something sticks." We probably would've gotten a 3rd album a lot sooner, but it probably wouldn't have been any good.

Agreed. And that third album would have been full of songs that appealed more to the masses. Prime example: Papa Roach. Infest sold three million, Lovehatetragedy barely went gold. To save their careers, they shifted toward more radio ready music with Getting Away With Murder. Although IMO I feel like that record is one of their best.

I would like to think that they wouldn't have changed anything and that the direction they go is based solely on their artistic intent, but I think the only reason that they could afford to take the risk they did with Minutes to Midnight was because Meteora was so successful, allowing for more "brand recognition" so to speak that allowed them more freedom.

So, in short, they would've either made a crap album very quickly or they would've bowed out silently after two albums and went their separate ways.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to think that they wouldn't have changed anything and that the direction they go is based solely on their artistic intent, but I think the only reason that they could afford to take the risk they did with Minutes to Midnight was because Meteora was so successful, allowing for more "brand recognition" so to speak that allowed them more freedom.

So, in short, they would've either made a crap album very quickly or they would've bowed out silently after two albums and went their separate ways.

I agree, they were albe to do that with Minutes to Midnight because Meteora was so sucessful