Styles Of Beyond Demo 1995

linkinpark1

DJ Cheapshot just released the very first song recorded by SOB "Penelope's Melon", when Ryu wasn't even in the group yet.

Here's a tidbit of info from Cheap to us ::

"I had ONE CD of unreleased 1994 demos that Tak and I did in my living room. I had the poor judgment to lend it to my best friend. He put it in the trunk with his hockey equipment and cracked the CD in half."

Here are Cheap's SoundCloud notes about the track ::

"Ok, so this track dates back to 1995. This is pre-ryu Styles of Beyond when it was just Tak and I. I was making music by scratching loops on a 4-track cassette recorded. I remade this on Tak's brother's SP-1200 and we were lucky enough to record it at Rumbo Recordings (now out of business). It was my first major-recording studio experience and I was scared out of my wits. It's still pretty decent after all these years."

You can also download/stream the track via Cheap's SoundCloud page ::

http://soundcloud.com/djcheapshot/st...pes-melon-demo

http://www.sobcentral.com/

Edited by LinkinParkWorld

yea man, even though it's very early work, it has a great flow :D

I love it because it's an old SOB demo from 1995. It does have a good flow. I have pretty much everything SOB has ever done so it's cool for me be able to add this to my collection, it's like the icing on the cake. Now if Reseda Beach would just come out finally...

Edited by Geki

you know this has been up on sobcentral for about 2 years now :)

the fuckin' post says march 01 2010!, today is the 3rd, you mean 2 days right -_______-?

Am I the only one who already had this? It was up on sobcentral.

2 days ago man lets not exagerate shall we?

Edited by LinkinParkWorld

the fuckin' post says march 01 2010!, today is the 3rd, you mean 2 days right -_______-?

The track having been up posted up on SOBC by Zap 2 years ago, before I was involved, and actually acquired by Cheap from SOBC, and me having known this prior to having scrambled to get the track posted and Tweeted minutes after Cheap put it up, along with getting exclusive info from Cheap about it, are two completely different things.......

So yes, lol, SOBC has had this track up for years....

But now we have a nice story and some actual history behind the track.

you know this has been up on sobcentral for about 2 years now :)

Thanks for making me look the fool man, really appreciate that.......lol. <--*que interAdmin war*

so then, is it still an exclusive or not, cause of the fact that mostly no one new about the song

Exclusive to SOBC?

I don't know; you'd have to ask Cheap.

I always clear tracks w/ S.O.B before upping them, but I don't know what Zap agreed to with this particular track.