New From Zero Cassette Variant

martinez

Gosh, how much money will warner earn... First they released 6 items in store including 2 vinyls and a cassette, later they released 5 more vinyls and now another 4 cassettes. They build FOMO, like it's in popular video games, and we, the customers agree by paying for that.

OH, and now 4 cassettes box is the same price as the single cassette avaible since the beggining. OML store was so much better than that.

Edited by Bebro
Realised that the price is the same

The only one that bugs me tbh is the set of 4 records that make up a full picture on the back. That's deliberately made to be a "collect all 4!" thing, and if they were posters that'd be fine, but as it is you're also getting 3 extra records you'll do nothing with. It's also why I dislike things like that Taylor Swift album having different tracks on each vinyl variant - there is a tangible thing you're missing out on if you only get one copy 😕

I don't see the issue with the other variants though, or the different cassette covers. I don't think anyone's collection is devalued by "only" having one of the four different color cassette covers - and on a personal level I think it's kinda nice to have the variety. I usually pick the variant I find the most fun or interesting, and just grab that.

- From the cassettes that's the one with Mike's artwork (although I wish it came in a jewel case rather than just a sleeve - still not as bad as the latest Bring Me The Horizon cassette though lol)
- From the CDs I think the green Amazon cover is interesting,
- And from the vinyl records I grabbed the LoL Worlds variant for the novelty of it. Used to be into the game a lot, and I still follow the competitive side, and I think it's just kinda funny to have a big LoL trophy on the disc of the latest LP album :D (yeah I know picture discs are not the greatest usually, but I also from experience know that most Linkin Park vinyl pressing are not mindblowing anyway)

Don't really have an issue with variants or the amount of physical copies - it's how you sell albums these days.

The only disappointing thing is that by the time we got out of the Warner show on September 5 and could figure out what actually was going on (no service in that place), the best merch items for the album were already sold out - the blue & orchid splatter, and the CD box set. It would be nice if they could restock both of those.

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

Don't really have an issue with variants or the amount of physical copies - it's how you sell albums these days.

The only disappointing thing is that by the time we got out of the Warner show on September 5 and could figure out what actually was going on (no service in that place), the best merch items for the album were already sold out - the blue & orchid splatter, and the CD box set. It would be nice if they could restock both of those.

What were they selling there that day? Just the regular merch and the Emptiness Machine CD?

So it wasn’t anything different from what was sold at the second show in Los Angeles.

Those who were there that day should have had the opportunity to pre-order what was being sold on the website right then and there.

On 10/23/2024 at 12:49 PM, Viren said:

The only one that bugs me tbh is the set of 4 records that make up a full picture on the back. That's deliberately made to be a "collect all 4!" thing, and if they were posters that'd be fine, but as it is you're also getting 3 extra records you'll do nothing with. It's also why I dislike things like that Taylor Swift album having different tracks on each vinyl variant - there is a tangible thing you're missing out on if you only get one copy 😕

I don't see the issue with the other variants though, or the different cassette covers. I don't think anyone's collection is devalued by "only" having one of the four different color cassette covers - and on a personal level I think it's kinda nice to have the variety. I usually pick the variant I find the most fun or interesting, and just grab that.

- From the cassettes that's the one with Mike's artwork (although I wish it came in a jewel case rather than just a sleeve - still not as bad as the latest Bring Me The Horizon cassette though lol)
- From the CDs I think the green Amazon cover is interesting,
- And from the vinyl records I grabbed the LoL Worlds variant for the novelty of it. Used to be into the game a lot, and I still follow the competitive side, and I think it's just kinda funny to have a big LoL trophy on the disc of the latest LP album :D (yeah I know picture discs are not the greatest usually, but I also from experience know that most Linkin Park vinyl pressing are not mindblowing anyway)

Hahahaha

They started practicing with HT20