"Over Each Other" Coming Soon?

LPLStaff

Linkin Park appears set to release the third song from their upcoming album From Zero soon.

"Over Each Other", track 5, was recently delivered to digital streaming platforms for a release soon. Fans will recognize credits on this song as including collaborator Jon Green (Hollywood Bowl MVP and One More Light album collaborator, as well as Friendly Fire). Matias Mora also has a credit on the song.

It is rumored that Joe Hahn may have directed a video for this song as well.

image.jpeg

There is currently not an exact known release date, but it could be as soon as this week.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Going to guess this is going to be the more mainstream crossover single for the album (e.g.in the end, numb, LOATR). Interested to hear how it sounds!

wonder if the release for this is going to tie into that Allan twitter account. Another scavenger hunt to launch the song?

Edited by Hybrid1988

14 minutes ago, Hybrid1988 said:

Going to guess this is going to be the more mainstream crossover single for the album (e.g.in the end, numb, LOATR). Interested to hear how it sounds!

wonder if the release for this is going to tie into that Allan twitter account. Another scavenger hunt to launch the song?

whats the Allan twitter account?

I knew about this from Reddit last week, but i took it with a grain of salt until now! I'm especially excited if that rumor of a Hahn video is true. Can't wait to hear more variety off this album. Also, unrelated song but still related to the record, ''Overflow'' according to Pheonix from a recent interview, sounds like it's going to be a weirder stand-out song, similar to how breaking the habit was on Meteora. 

7 minutes ago, AceWav said:

I knew about this from Reddit last week, but i took it with a grain of salt until now! I'm especially excited if that rumor of a Hahn video is true. Can't wait to hear more variety off this album. Also, unrelated song but still related to the record, ''Overflow'' according to Pheonix from a recent interview, sounds like it's going to be a weirder stand-out song, similar to how breaking the habit was on Meteora. 

Ooooo sweeeet! Got a link for the interview?

Jon Green is the man.  I really appreciated his contributions to One More Light (Loved the album from the start, even though I wanted something heavier initially) and his performances at The Hollywood Bowl show and that one solo Mike show he showed up at too.

Obviously a Mr. Hahn video is always a treat as well.  Should be awesome and I can't wait.  I, for one, don't care how they or how many tracks they release prior to the album dropping.  I'm just so appreciative that we got the band back and we all have a future with Linkin Park.

Hoping the talk of variety truly plays out like it's been suggested.  I love all of the many sides of this band and hope we get a little of it all and some surprises too.

Edited by Cyro
Made it sound better with word variety. OCD on how my posts flow.

12 hours ago, Cyro said:

Jon Green is the man.  I really appreciated his contributions to One More Light (Loved the album from the start, even though I wanted something heavier initially) and his performances at The Hollywood Bowl show and that one solo Mike show he showed up at too.

Obviously a Mr. Hahn video is always a treat as well.  Should be awesome and I can't wait.  I, for one, don't care how they or how many tracks they release prior to the album dropping.  I'm just so appreciative that we got the band back and we all have a future with Linkin Park.

Hoping the talk of variety truly plays out like it's been suggested.  I love all of the many sides of this band and hope we get a little of it all and some surprises too.

I also think we will get surprises! Which would be what makes From Zero its own unique shade of LP, including many shades of the past in this record ultimately defined as ''Linkin Park in Genral'' quoting Mike there. I know it's early, but i will go on a limb and say that FROM ZERO is going to turn out a very classic Linkin Park album of this decade. The reason I say that is Emily's impact and introduction to the band, but also, their utilizing all aspects of what made them so successful (each shade of LP I mean) on this one record, and I believe there's a energy in that. With Emily's fresh energy and sound, it's already destined to define this record's sound and the sound of a generation. 

12 hours ago, DylHDZ said:

Ooooo sweeeet! Got a link for the interview?

Skip to 3:11 for Pheonix talking about it. The whole interview is awesome, especially how Mike explains the variety on the album, and how it's a very Linkin Park sounding record that's energetic.

Edited by AceWav

2 hours ago, mt2oo8 said:

whats the Allan twitter account?

https://x.com/youbetterhearme

This is how they launched Lies Greed Misery back during the LT cycle. It was a scavenger hunt that ended with the radio premiere.
At the 9/5 launch show, fans were given a numbered card with a QR code that linked to this account. All speculation so far but it seems the account will become active again at some point.  

Edited by Hybrid1988
Got rid of the god awful feed embed

2 minutes ago, Hybrid1988 said:

this is how they launched Lies Greed Misery back during the LT cycle. It was a scavenger hunt that ended with the radio premiere. 

Nostalgia! Even though I watched this go down through the lens of LPA lmao

Edited by AceWav

32 minutes ago, AceWav said:

Skip to 3:11 for Pheonix talking about it. The whole interview is awesome, especially how Mike explains the variety on the album, and how it's a very Linkin Park sounding record that's energetic.

Sweet thanks!

To be honest, I'm slightly anxious about it being composed with Jon Green.

It's not really justified, other than me not having been a fan of any of the tracks he has worked on so far (NCSM, Battle Symphony, Friendly Fire). Even though, to be fair, I think NCSM is a good tune that suffered only from the production choice, and Friendly Fire has grown on me significantly. 

Soooo... I hope they'll prove me wrong and release their best collab with Jon so far ^^

Edited by Qwerty18

From OML session I like only that 3 songs with Jon + Sharp Edges. So I'm very excited about that release.

NCSM could have been one of the best song in LP catalog but production mistakes and mixing synth so loud instead louder guitar layers was bad choice. And that unnecessary chipmunk sound put it down in the order.

25 minutes ago, MMM said:

NCSM could have been one of the best song in LP catalog but production mistakes and mixing synth so loud instead louder guitar layers was bad choice. And that unnecessary chipmunk sound put it down in the order.

The chipmunks, the clapping sound around 1:50, and the wub wub dubsteppish synth are all really frustrating to me. How to blunder an otherwise beautiful song. 

Well, thinking about it, I'd be really surprised if that kind of production makes it to From Zero. Would be really curious to hear a Jon Green co-produced track more akin stuff on MTM/ATS.

Edited by Qwerty18

10 minutes ago, Qwerty18 said:

The chipmunks, the clapping sound around 1:50, and the wub wub dubsteppish synth are all really frustrating to me. How to blunder an otherwise beautiful song. 

Well, thinking about it, I'd be really surprised if that kind of production makes it to From Zero. Would be really curious to hear a Jon Green co-produced track more akin stuff on MTM/ATS.

I lobve NCSM, but I agree it would be weird to have that kind of stuff (NCSM, FF, BS) on FZ and I am really curious to hear the song. 

40 minutes ago, Bambitt said:

I wonder why they chose to work again with external writers. They never did that before OML. 

Technically before Final Masquerade. ;)

Maybe all of the songs from FZ are from OML session and they fast reinterpreted them to more rock/metal vibe. XD

But seriously Its weird that only TEM don't have external writers.

Edited by MMM

compared to a lot of others i am fairly fond of the tracks he's helped work on, but mainly because of the style difference it does create a lot of mixed opinions. some could be better, could be worse, but overall i think i'm pretty excited either way. 

it's funny to me because from zero already is an average-sized album, so i'd so much rather hear it all at once. then again i can't freaking wait to hear another new song, of course it's not the worst thing that could happen. seems like they're really enjoying giving us a lot of anticipation with these tracks😅