Linkin Park Adds Second Show in São Paulo, Brazil

LPLStaff

Following an incredible sell-out in just 20 minutes in the 48,302+ capacity Allianz Parque stadium, Linkin Park has added a second night in São Paulo, Brazil on November 16, 2024.

The announcement comes after protests at the official sales point for the shows this morning from fans who were unable to get tickets to the concert.

Linkin Park currently has 5 shows on the table for the rest of the year:

November 3 - Paris, France

November 8 - Arlington, Texas

November 11 - Bogota, Colombia

November 15 - São Paulo, Brazil

November 16 - São Paulo, Brazil

Completely expected! The sales were insane and show how the band's comeback has brought a demand they hadn't seen in recent years.

At the 2017 show, the promoter ran several promotions to sell the tickets, and it was not a sold-out event.

Let's go! If I manage to get a ticket, it will be my fourth show of the From Zero World Tour and the tenth overall. It will be very special.

People are going insane on the Livenation social media. 
They're saying it was allowed 8 tickets per person. That's too much! 

They probably did that already knowing there was going to be at least one more concert.
There's still some people claiming one more date in Rio de Janeiro is happening (i doubt so).

IMPORTANT INFO FROM LINKINPARK.COM:

"For the just added November 16, 2024, show in São Paulo, Brazil, you may use the existing pre-sale code displayed in your LPU portal as long as the ticket limit of 4 tickets has not been exhausted. No new pre-sale codes will be issued if you have exceeded your ticket limit of 4 with the previous pre-sales."

33 minutes ago, LeonardoMF93 said:

IMPORTANT INFO FROM LINKINPARK.COM:

"For the just added November 16, 2024, show in São Paulo, Brazil, you may use the existing pre-sale code displayed in your LPU portal as long as the ticket limit of 4 tickets has not been exhausted. No new pre-sale codes will be issued if you have exceeded your ticket limit of 4 with the previous pre-sales."

So if I've used my LPU code to buy 3 tickets on the 15th, I will have only one more ticket left to buy for the 16th right?

• lpliveusername changed the title to Linkin Park Adds Second Show in São Paulo, Brazil
4 hours ago, LeonardoMF93 said:

Completely expected! The sales were insane and show how the band's comeback has brought a demand they hadn't seen in recent years.

At the 2017 show, the promoter ran several promotions to sell the tickets, and it was not a sold-out event.

Let's go! If I manage to get a ticket, it will be my fourth show of the From Zero World Tour and the tenth overall. It will be very special.

not surprising OML was a fucking awful album, the lead single was disgusting and the rest of the album is shit.

brazilian fans are crazy but not stupid.

1 hour ago, JZLP-RoadsUntraveled said:

not surprising OML was a fucking awful album, the lead single was disgusting and the rest of the album is shit.

The same happened with the shows in 2014.  

In 2012, a show was canceled due to low ticket sales.  

It wasn't just in 2017.

2 minutes ago, KeysToTheLinkinPark said:

Is there an expert on how the addition of extra shows work? Like, do they plan that in beforehand that there might be such a high demand that they could play another show? I can’t imagine that such an addition is planned on a short term.

Each situation is different.

In this specific case, it seems that the second show was already confirmed, and they just wanted to make sure about the demand.

There should have been a specific clause in the contract with the band and the stadium management to automatically confirm the second show.

3 minutes ago, LeonardoMF93 said:

The same happened with the shows in 2014.  

In 2012, a show was canceled due to low ticket sales.  

It wasn't just in 2017.

so what happened in the last 7 years? I mean yes they are now back but with that history it was no way guaranteed that the demand was that high, right? And no, the „come to Brazil 🇧🇷“ are not THE sign of high demand.

1 minute ago, LeonardoMF93 said:

Each situation is different.

In this specific case, it seems that the second show was already confirmed, and they just wanted to make sure about the demand.

There should have been a specific clause in the contract with the band and the stadium management to automatically confirm the second show.

Yep it looked like they already had the second show in the backpocket. Possible 88k people over two shows is crazy

6 minutes ago, KeysToTheLinkinPark said:

so what happened in the last 7 years? I mean yes they are now back but with that history it was no way guaranteed that the demand was that high, right? And no, the „come to Brazil 🇧🇷“ are not THE sign of high demand.

Yep it looked like they already had the second show in the backpocket. Possible 88k people over two shows is crazy

"Come to Brazil" is something very strong for Linkin Park fans, but it's something all artists mention when they perform here.

The thing is, Brazilian fans are very "loud" on the internet. The level of engagement from the Brazilian audience with anything is amazing.

The band is very loved here, but Brazil is a third-world country and very large. It's very complicated and expensive for a fan from the north of Brazil to travel to São Paulo for a show.

Because it's difficult, many fans would wait for another opportunity to attend a show.

With the band's return, I think a previously suppressed demand is now being fulfilled.

19 minutes ago, KeysToTheLinkinPark said:

Is there an expert on how the addition of extra shows work? Like, do they plan that in beforehand that there might be such a high demand that they could play another show? I can’t imagine that such an addition is planned on a short term.

In times like these, it is agreed upon in the deal beforehand. "If X percent of tickets sell by X date, a second show will be added." Well, it sold out immediately so a second night was added.

Sometimes it is done later on. Sydney 2010 was added later and the band had to come back. This happens when there is demand much higher than they assume when booking the shows (which happens very far in advance much of the time). Brazil was likely booked in April or March, or earlier.

1 hour ago, JZLP-RoadsUntraveled said:

OML did well enough to justify an entire UK run after the main Europe tour ended, so, it did good. Heavy also did well. It doesn't matter if you liked it or not, the facts say that OML was a #1 album and performed well commercially.

11 minutes ago, KeysToTheLinkinPark said:

A comeback after 7 years for one of the world's largest bands of our lifetime is pretty significant. But adding to that, they stayed relevant, via some work of their own (Lost, etc doing so great) and some luck (TikTok trends, etc). It is not too surprising they are doing so well right now - Chester has become somewhat of a "Cobain" of this generation. Don't take that the wrong way, the intentions of that comment are good - he is held in that type of regard by many many people.

I don't remember another time when LP released an album on the same day as a show. The total length of the album is about 31 minutes, which would be more than enough for them to play the entire album and another 1h30min of other hits during this show on 11/15... or am I crazy?

5 hours ago, rqthomazini said:

I don't remember another time when LP released an album on the same day as a show. The total length of the album is about 31 minutes, which would be more than enough for them to play the entire album and another 1h30min of other hits during this show on 11/15... or am I crazy?

I find that unlikely

6 hours ago, rqthomazini said:

Since Meteora, the band has performed a show for the album's release. This is the first time it’s happening outside the United States.

In none of these opportunities was the release album played in its entirety.

I even believe that many songs from the new album will be added to the set, even more than in release previous shows, to highlight the songs made for Emily's voice.

However, it's unlikely that the album will be played in its entirety. Take the setlist from the last show and try to remove 11 songs without cutting the classics.

Unlikely they play the album in full as others have said but likely they add 2-3 new songs right away as Emily said they are hitting rehearsals shortly for new songs in the set. So, that's already 4-5 From Zero songs for November. Let's see what happens.

Unfortunately they just have too many good songs and rotating even Keys, APFMH, and Echo is almost a shame because all 3 songs rock. But, more rotations would be welcome for sure. Play as many songs as possible.