'Heavy Is The Crown' Live Debut in Hamburg, Music Video releasing September 24

LPLStaff

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, [NiKmaN] said:

They also did it before, e.g. M2M where No More Sorrow and Given Up debuted in Berlin prior to the album release.

https://linkinpedia.com/wiki/Live:20070428

Yes, you're right.

How did they forget all those times? 🤣

3 hours ago, letdownagain said:

How about the large majority of the Meteora material played on the LPU tour? Mike's memory this kind of stuff is notoriously bad.

Song wise, I dig it. I appreciate the use of samples and Emily sounds solid. I get why people are saying it's "Meteora 2." I think it fits well in the camp of songs that got included on Lost Demos and the tempo and keyboard sounds give me a "More the Victim" vibe. Given that was my favorite of that bunch, I'm not mad about that.

To be honest, I don't remember the songs from Meteora being played before the studio version was released. Honestly, I don't doubt it.

Really, having a good memory is not Mike's best quality. 😅

The song is amazing. Emily's performance is incredible. I still want to hear Mike's part better, especially in the studio version. The song leaked, but I didn't think it was right to go after it since it'll be available tomorrow.

People were saying earlier that it seemed like a Meteora song, and I disagreed. Now, you said something that makes more sense. It really does sound like a Meteora demo.

I wonder if the line

Spoiler

"Fire in the sunrise, ashes rainin' down"

is a reference to Dead By Sunrise - Out of Ashes? 

The whole "

Spoiler

this is what you asked for, heavy is the crown

" could refer to Emilys (and Mikes) task of moving forward while simultanously carrying Chesters legacy, and the fact that the track seems to be sort of a throwback to the oldschool LP-sound.

Can't wait for the studio version!

8 minutes ago, LennyTobell said:

" could refer to Emilys (and Mikes) task of moving forward while simultanously carrying Chesters legacy, and the fact that the track seems to be sort of a throwback to the oldschool LP-sound.

Or it can refer to: "now there's your fucking "Hybrid Theory" that Chester said, when they play Heavy "nu metal" version.