Papercut, What I've Done (Live)

martinez

An edited live version of What I've Done performed at the LPU event was released.

Credits:

Directed by Mark Ritchie

Edited by Igor Kovalik

Color by TheBrewery.co

Mixed by Ethan Mates

Lighting Design by Celine Royer

Creative Direction by Mike Carson

18 hours ago, Cesar656 said:

Good performance, Emily and Mike as per usual doing a great job. As i said in the chatbox, the tone of that strat in the solo sounds pretty bad even if played correctly. Wonder if Alex really went for that tone... 

Yeah I noticed that too, I feel like they need to mix up the tone on that to match the power it has in the studio track, even if that means forsaking some "accuracy" 

• martinez changed the title to Papercut, What I've Done (Live)
20 hours ago, Cesar656 said:

Good performance, Emily and Mike as per usual doing a great job. As i said in the chatbox, the tone of that strat in the solo sounds pretty bad even if played correctly. Wonder if Alex really went for that tone... 

Alex has been playing WID (the entire song) on the neck pickup, for reasons I really don't understand.

At the end on Papercut, they stood side-by-side, and it felt weird that they didn't hug. 
I get it was Mike and Chester thing, but i missed that, it felt cold not doing so.

And i also understand, she being a woman, hugging and touching has to be way more cautious.

30 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

At the end on Papercut, they stood side-by-side, and it felt weird that they didn't hug. 
I get it was Mike and Chester thing, but i missed that, it felt cold not doing so.

And i also understand, she being a woman, hugging and touching has to be way more cautious.

They will get there eventually. It was their first live show and with every further show they might get there and will do it. It's probably about getting used to play on stage on a regular basis, getting to know one another even more while being on tour. I don't think it's cold, it's just natural at this point. If they do it long-term I have no doubt they will create something known to be the "Mike-Emily thing".