Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TOP thing is as ridiculous as all the other singer rumors and he is not the only one who is still convinced by it.

People latch onto the most random theories for no good reason just because they like the idea I guess?

1 hour ago, Coizu said:

The TOP thing is as ridiculous as all the other singer rumors and he is not the only one who is still convinced by it.

People latch onto the most random theories for no good reason just because they like the idea I guess?

And then everyone is going to be super pissed and act like the announcement was a huge let down when whatever it is, doesn’t include 21 pilots.

wrestling fans do this same shit. They come up with the wildest theories and take any random segment or line uttered and decide it has some crazy hidden meaning, and then lose their minds when it doesn’t happen and blame the product for letting them down. 

17 minutes ago, milkshake227 said:

And then everyone is going to be super pissed and act like the announcement was a huge let down when whatever it is, doesn’t include 21 pilots.

wrestling fans do this same shit. They come up with the wildest theories and take any random segment or line uttered and decide it has some crazy hidden meaning, and then lose their minds when it doesn’t happen and blame the product for letting them down. 

I hate the LP fan base for this reason

It's so many fan bases. Let's not single out the LP fan base on this.

I think leaker/scooper culture has gotten mainstream and those things go viral now. People unknowledgeable or inexperienced with hearing about leaks and rumors take it all as gospel and get pissed when things don't come to fruition. I don't think there's a fan base that I am a part of that I haven't seen that kind of behavior in the past few years.

That same thing happens with series.

Reddit's theories always create an unreachable hype.

And, with so much pepper creating theories, someone will get it quite right. And then some screenwriters follow reddit and try to change things so they can make something no one predicted.

That's the receipt for disaster.

56 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

That same thing happens with series.

Reddit's theories always create an unreachable hype.

And, with so much pepper creating theories, someone will get it quite right. And then some screenwriters follow reddit and try to change things so they can make something no one predicted.

That's the receipt for disaster.

This is exactly what happened with Game of Thrones. They saw people predicting exactly how the series would go, so they decided they wanted to "subvert expectations" by doing something that nobody would've ever predicted.

That sounds good on paper, but in reality it just meant taking the plot in nonsensical directions and having characters make dumb decisions.

30 minutes ago, Justin said:

This is exactly what happened with Game of Thrones. They saw people predicting exactly how the series would go, so they decided they wanted to "subvert expectations" by doing something that nobody would've ever predicted.

That sounds good on paper, but in reality it just meant taking the plot in nonsensical directions and having characters make dumb decisions.

I would say Lost. I wasn't a big fan, but what I heard was that it was the first series where fan theories on the internet really popularized, writers of the show took a look of their wild ideas and in the end the plot became so overcomplicated and convoluted that not even them could resolve every mystery by the end of the series.

My point is, what happened these few last days with the countdown it's just human nature, not that LP fans are specially entitled or unrealistic, almost every passionate fandom has these issues. That's the backside of a fandom. 

3 hours ago, bloodbath said:

I would say Lost. I wasn't a big fan, but what I heard was that it was the first series where fan theories on the internet really popularized, writers of the show took a look of their wild ideas and in the end the plot became so overcomplicated and convoluted that not even them could resolve every mystery by the end of the series.

My point is, what happened these few last days with the countdown it's just human nature, not that LP fans are specially entitled or unrealistic, almost every passionate fandom has these issues. That's the backside of a fandom. 

Lost became such a mess. Really unfortunate how all that ended up playing out  

16 hours ago, milkshake227 said:

Yep, this is what people do, they hype things up in there minds and now with the online world and communities, they spread crazy rumours, all start believing it, create a massive amount of hype and then get angry when the 'teaser' or what was coming doesn't match the hype.

They get angry at the thing for doing this, when it was them themselves that created such artificial hype. Same thing happened with the bleed it out video or when the count down hit zero, people created huge exceptions and when they are not met they get angry but a lot of it was created by themselves. 

The videos were just videos, the countdown was just a countdown. When you add more story than is there, you create problems. Sometimes you might correctly guess what it means and what the future is and it is fun to do so sometimes, but otherwise you end up disappointed. 

It's sadly a lot of human nature, people make assumptions, often the world doesn't match with those assumptions that causes people great issues or when they create fake expectations they get very angry at the thing, rather than question their own thinking or methods of being. 

I'm very curious and usually excitable about these things, but I'm trying to keep a level head and not buy into any of these rumours now and just wait until the annoucement and enjoy the ride, rather than fall for speculation right now, else I will just end up disappointed. 

Edited by Smarky

2 hours ago, millytripleseven said:

It's Sunday. If they were to reverse the clock to 100-hour countdown, the 100 hours until the LPU Event (Sep 5th 12.30PM) falls on today, 8.30 AM Los Angeles time. That's 6 hours from now.

Wondering if it's gonna go back to a countdown.

Maybe the countdown is supposed to end at a specific time in the middle of the LPU event.

Like, the first part of the event is exclusive and the end of it will be some sort of Livestream when the clock reaches zero.

And, coming back to the teasing and expectations topic, it's marketing teams fault too. They know people overreact and still keep on making teasers intentionally dubious.

6 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

Wat if today we are getting a teaser ? Like, a 10 seconds snippet of a song.

after all this that would certainly make sense. else why is the timer still running to 100  

Edited by RiffSandwich

23 minutes ago, RiffSandwich said:

after all this that would certainly make sense. else why is the timer still running to 100  

Yep the more I think about it there's got to be something more to this timer, otherwise why leave it there. 

It's why I'm going to be watching tonight when it reaches 100. Even though I'm 99% sure it's just going to start counting down from 100 again, there is a tiny chance of it being something other than a glitch.

Plus this from Mike the other day:

https://x.com/BroodingAnanas/status/1829531320168632521?t=xlEMeSE9BC_WGxRXmJGcTQ

Edited by IMP757

6 hours ago, millytripleseven said:

It's Sunday. If they were to reverse the clock to 100-hour countdown, the 100 hours until the LPU Event (Sep 5th 12.30PM) falls on today, 8.30 AM Los Angeles time. That's 6 hours from now.

If the clock continues uninterrupted, it should end at 7:15 pm (California local time). Didn't realize this before when it was first revealed, but that does align with shortly after the LPU event. It's scheduled to end at 5:30 pm. So whatever that event is, the LPU fans will know first followed by the rest of the world?

EDIT: After looking at the timer again, it seems to have shifted a little so I would need to recalculate when it would end. Quick glance, it look like it would end at the 50 minute mark of whatever hour instead of minute 15

Edited by LPBatman

8 minutes ago, LPBatman said:

If the clock continues uninterrupted, it should end at 7:15 pm (California local time). Didn't realize this before when it was first revealed, but that does align with shortly after the LPU event. It's scheduled to end at 5:30 pm. So whatever that event is, the LPU fans will know first followed by the rest of the world?

It would end even later because the clock is far behind what it actually should be. It would be closer to 8PM California/11PM New York/5AM Europe.

These don't seem like the best hours to release anything or make a big announcement

6 hours ago, millytripleseven said:

I have no doubt that the clock will start going down again after it reaches 100 hours. This is like almost obvious at this point. (i said almost because there's always at least 1% chance of trolling)

2 minutes ago, max91 said:

I have no doubt that the clock will start going down again after it reaches 100 hours. This is like almost obvious at this point. (i said almost because there's always at least 1% chance of trolling)

Almost too obvious... and that's what I'm afraid of 😀

43 minutes ago, millytripleseven said:

It would end even later because the clock is far behind what it actually should be. It would be closer to 8PM California/11PM New York/5AM Europe.

These don't seem like the best hours to release anything or make a big announcement

But 8pm local time is a great time to play a concert.

1 hour ago, millytripleseven said:

Almost too obvious... and that's what I'm afraid of 😀

Yeah haha but well the diference this time is that everyone is actually expecting it to happen, the surprise would be if something else happens

BE PART OF SOMETHING

5h event.

So maybe this is big casting with multiple artist and LPU members will choose a vocalist. 

Edited by MMM