Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

9 minutes ago, LPBatman said:

But do they follow her? 👀

No, only Adam does.

That's what I'm trying to figure out about the Emily Armstrong rumor. How and why is she being connected to LP? Is it just because she's following them on instagram?

I think she's got a great voice and would be a cool choice if they are going with a female singer, I'm just struggling to figure out why this rumor got started. It's the only rumor that hasn't been disproven so far, so for now it's our best lead

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, XESTAH said:

This Emily Armstrong theory got me. Her name has 5 and 9 letters, she is able to sing melodic as well scream, so I got curious and went to see her Instagram:

She follows Joe, Phoenix and both Mike and Anna Shinoda 👁️🔍🕵🏻

I tried searching and haven't found a single song/performance where she does scream. Sure, she does some "yelling" with a rock drive to it, but that is not scream.

On 8/29/2024 at 11:14 PM, XESTAH said:

Joe Hahn follows her, liked 4 photos.

Mike liked 1 photo 

🧐🤔

Anna follows her

On 8/29/2024 at 11:28 PM, millytripleseven said:

I tried searching and haven't found a single song/performance where she does scream. Sure, she does some "yelling" with a rock drive to it, but that is not scream.

Same story as Chester he learned to scream during the recording of the HT demos 

2 hours ago, nickishere12345 said:

No, only Adam does.

That's what I'm trying to figure out about the Emily Armstrong rumor. How and why is she being connected to LP? Is it just because she's following them on instagram?

I think she's got a great voice and would be a cool choice if they are going with a female singer, I'm just struggling to figure out why this rumor got started. It's the only rumor that hasn't been disproven so far, so for now it's our best lead

iirc regular poster in the chat box is the one who said it was her a few days ago. Mentioned the Instagram likes/follows etc and said that people in the industry know and have been talking about it. He didn’t go in to any more detail but he was very confident about it and has talked about her a ton since then including using some of her song titles in his messages (idk if this was intentional or not) 

Also on Tuesday night, about 24 hours after we (or at least I) heard her name for the first time, she wiped most of her Instagram only leaving up only 6 photos. So it seems like she is preparing for something and maybe wanted to clean up her page a bit right before she started getting a bunch of new followers.

She also liked Joe’s post today of the LP logo. 

As far as I know that’s the extent and origin of the rumor. I hadn’t been posting or lurking here for quite a while, until a few weeks ago. So I don’t know the person who posted it well at all, but he seemed to be well known around here, and no one really questioned him when he talked about it. 

Edited by milkshake227
Changed amount of Instagram posts she has up

You could ignore "people in the industry know" rumors

You could ignore all the Instagram connections because that frankly, doesn't matter especially if you're talking about a local artist from the same label

But the deleting most of Instagram pictures is something that has got to raise eyebrows. Once the rumor started she definitely got some comments asking about LP, maybe DMs

Edited by millytripleseven

7 minutes ago, millytripleseven said:

You could ignore "people in the industry know" rumors

You could ignore all the Instagram connections because that frankly, doesn't matter especially if you're talking about a local artist from the same label

But the deleting most of Instagram pictures is something that has got to raise eyebrows. Once the rumor started she definitely got some comments asking about LP, maybe DMs

the Instagram cleanup is what fully got me on board with the rumor.  

Mike is having so much fun with all of it. 

This is a 100% linkin park release cycle experience, the whole bundle of cryptic messages, Mike making fun of us, lots of out-of-reality speculations. And the most important of it all: lots of disappointed and angry fans.

We're trully back in the old days!

Edited by vinifeijo

5 hours ago, Bebro said:

Is Dead Sara actually active band? I can see 2 shows in october and november?

Like the other poster said, those dates are from 2023. But the Dead Sara question is an interesting part of this. With the Deryck rumor, it was easy, Sum 41 is ending. With Bobby Amaru, it was also easy, as Saliva has no remaining original members and is essentially a cover band anyway, so him leaving wouldn't be that big of a deal. With Emily though... Dead Sara is a fairly young band, I'm curious if she would leave them.

2 minutes ago, nickishere12345 said:

Like the other poster said, those dates are from 2023. But the Dead Sara question is an interesting part of this. With the Deryck rumor, it was easy, Sum 41 is ending. With Bobby Amaru, it was also easy, as Saliva has no remaining original members and is essentially a cover band anyway, so him leaving wouldn't be that big of a deal. With Emily though... Dead Sara is a fairly young band, I'm curious if she would leave them.

Bobby, Deryck and Bonnie already confirmed that they are out.

Emily has remained silent. As i previously said back in the day Dead Sara had a big possibility of becoming the next big rock band according to Dave Grohl.

Sadly they didn't make it and now it seems like they only play clubs, small theaters and maybe open for other big bands and thats it.

For sure she will say YES to LP in a heartbeat, one of the biggest rock bands in recent story.

11 minutes ago, nickishere12345 said:

Dead Sara is a fairly young band, I'm curious if she would leave them.

Their first EP came out in 2008. That's like calling Linkin Park a fairly young band after The Hunting Party came out.

20 minutes ago, Rasputin 93 said:

Oh no.

Wow.. surely it's not just a coincidence 👀

Or maybe it is lol I'm not sure, cool spot though!

Edited by IMP757

16 minutes ago, Rasputin 93 said:

Oh no.

IMG_20240830_034631_789.jpg?ex=66d31f4f&Screenshot_20240830_034317_Telegram.jpg?

I have spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how did you manage to get a LP logo out of the car logo. I'd say it's too complicated to be real

Edited by Bebro

24 minutes ago, JZLP-RoadsUntraveled said:

Bobby, Deryck and Bonnie already confirmed that they are out.

Yeah I know, I was just saying it was easy to imagine scenarios where they had no other engagements and could join LP full time. With Emily, that wasn't as obvious - but if Dead Sara really have fizzled out as you say then I guess it would make sense for her to leave them.

19 minutes ago, Coizu said:

Their first EP came out in 2008. That's like calling Linkin Park a fairly young band after The Hunting Party came out.

Lol, good point.

4 minutes ago, nickishere12345 said:

Yeah I know, I was just saying it was easy to imagine scenarios where they had no other engagements and could join LP full time. With Emily, that wasn't as obvious - but if Dead Sara really have fizzled out as you say then I guess it would make sense for her to leave them.

Dead Sara's official page look like it is left untouched for almost a year.