“Friendly Fire” Nominated for Best Alternative Song VMAs ‘24

DylHDZ

2 hours ago, BeardyWilderness said:

I hope they win, but there’s nothing alt about Friendly Fire. It’s a great song, but it’s not alt… 😅

It's not worth trying to make sense out of award shows.

For example Not Like Us is nominated for Song of the Year but not for Best Hip Hop.

How does that make sense? How can a song be the best overall, but not in its genre?

Also for all "Best X" categories you have a song nominated, but for "Best Pop" it's just the artist. It's all random.

It is weird indeed about Not Like Us.

Always good to see LP still staying super relevant, 7 years after the last studio album. Anything they are nominated for is a positive. The Friendly Fire music video for example is one of their best.

On 8/8/2024 at 11:26 AM, Somebodyangry said:

Royals by Lorde won Best Rock at the EMAS or something like that... Royals... a ROCK song lol 

Isn't that one of the things that gave us THP? 

On 8/9/2024 at 4:48 PM, YRQRM0 said:

Isn't that one of the things that gave us THP? 

Actually I think Royals won best rock VMAs and beat out Until It’s Gone which was the only actual rock song nominated in that category that didn’t even win lol

2 hours ago, DylHDZ said:

Actually I think Royals won best rock VMAs and beat out Until It’s Gone which was the only actual rock song nominated in that category that didn’t even win lol

Lol. But it's the same thing as OML debuting n.1 in the Rock Chart in 2017, WFT haha. Love the album but the only reason why it charted there is that it's a LP album ahaha