Where would you put the OML outtakes we have? (One More Light alternate tracklist thread)

I think I would put What Are You Worth in front of Good Goodbye and Friendly Fire in front of Sharp Edges. Where would you put them? Would you omit something else in their favor? How would you shuffle the tracklist? Place to Start and Make It Up As I Go also had their origins in the OML era. Would you include either of them?

Edited by leftshoe18

It's hard to put WAYW on anything when Mike says the song is incomplete - it's like saying QWERTY should go on MTM; they never finished QWERTY and the studio version is pretty much a demo.

Friendly Fire is not very good and may not be better than anything that made the album. Promises I Can't Keep would be a good Living Things song and is better than some of the stuff on that album, as it's the same "style" as those tracks. Make It Up As I Go would spice up OML for sure.

On 2/22/2024 at 11:00 AM, LPLStaff said:

It's hard to put WAYW on anything when Mike says the song is incomplete - it's like saying QWERTY should go on MTM; they never finished QWERTY and the studio version is pretty much a demo.

Friendly Fire is not very good and may not be better than anything that made the album. Promises I Can't Keep would be a good Living Things song and is better than some of the stuff on that album, as it's the same "style" as those tracks. Make It Up As I Go would spice up OML for sure.

Agree with everything you said. Don’t get the love for Friendly Fire, it’s not better or worse then anything on OML, just an average song to me from that era. 

The main albums have maybe 1 or 2 songs that are TRUE b sides and that’s it. Putting every song that has complete vocals on the main album it’s associated with just makes it cluttered and too much. For example, Across the Line you can tell is a true Minutes song. Or Lost on Meteora. We have yet to see a true proper one from later albums, IMO, well I guess now with Friendly Fire for OMl but yeah. 

I may be the only person who likes In Between a lot more then No Roads Left, even though I do love No Roads Left too, I think they nailed it with the MTM tracklisting except Across the Line was too good to leave off. Best b side the band has ever had

Edited by Whitecloud9292

Halfway Right sucks ass because of the instrumental and the unnecessary Na na na na (Which felt like they were running out of ideas)

Other than that it isn't better than any other song.

Equal or worst but not better.

OML sucks ass only two great songs and the rest sound like jingle pop disney commercial uninspired music.

Edited by JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

On my OML playlist i have Friendly Fire sandwiched in between Invisible and Heavy because FF actually has a similar intro to Heavy and so the “muscle memory” makes it fit perfectly in a fun way 🤌

On 2/24/2024 at 7:28 AM, Whitecloud9292 said:

Agree with everything you said. Don’t get the love for Friendly Fire, it’s not better or worse then anything on OML, just an average song to me from that era. 

The main albums have maybe 1 or 2 songs that are TRUE b sides and that’s it. Putting every song that has complete vocals on the main album it’s associated with just makes it cluttered and too much. For example, Across the Line you can tell is a true Minutes song. Or Lost on Meteora. We have yet to see a true proper one from later albums, IMO, well I guess now with Friendly Fire for OMl but yeah. 

I may be the only person who likes In Between a lot more then No Roads Left, even though I do love No Roads Left too, I think they nailed it with the MTM tracklisting except Across the Line was too good to leave off. Best b side the band has ever had

In Between is QUITE underrated 

I just tried this tracklisting and I think it works pretty well I think! Left Good Goodbye out of it, because it's my least favorite and it doesn't quite fit the rest of the album in my opinion.

01 Nobody Can Save Me
02 Heavy
03 Talking to Myself
04 Invisible
05 Battle Symphony
06 Friendly Fire
07 Sorry For Now
08 Halfway Right
09 One More Light
10 Sharp Edges

11 hours ago, RickLPL said:

I just tried this tracklisting and I think it works pretty well I think! Left Good Goodbye out of it, because it's my least favorite and it doesn't quite fit the rest of the album in my opinion.

01 Nobody Can Save Me
02 Heavy
03 Talking to Myself
04 Invisible
05 Battle Symphony
06 Friendly Fire
07 Sorry For Now
08 Halfway Right
09 One More Light
10 Sharp Edges

This is actually a pretty solid tracklist. Also, I can get why you left off "Good Goodbye", as it's the only track that has Mike rapping and it's the only hip-hop track of sorts on the whole album of "One More Light".

13 hours ago, NJPLP said:

This is actually a pretty solid tracklist. Also, I can get why you left off "Good Goodbye", as it's the only track that has Mike rapping and it's the only hip-hop track of sorts on the whole album of "One More Light".

Thanks :) Exactly, I always thought the hip hop style and lyrics didn't suit the overall vibe and message that they had going with the other songs

19 hours ago, Plear said:

I love In Between idk why. So good. I understand why they only played it live on a few tours but I felt like it sounded good live too, just like Hands Held High, I always loved the live version of Hands Held High when the whole band performed it like on the album. Phoenix singing backup too on that and Little Things was dope.

It would have been perfect for an acoustic/intimate show. That was one of the few things the band didn't tried.