In My Head (Spooky Version) Single

martinez

New edition of "In My Head" single. The the single contains 3 remixes, the acapella and the instrumental version of the song.

300x300.jpg

Tracklist:

01. In My Head (Spooky Version) (2:53)

02. In My Head (2:52)

03. In My Head (Slowed and Reverbed) (3:24)

04. In My Head (Sped Up) (2:33)

05. In My Head (Instrumental) (2:52)

06. In My Head (A Cappella) (2:52)

Source: Apple Music

• martinez changed the title to In My Head (Spooky Version) Single

I like the idea but it doesn't work for me. After the original, it just sounds like someone is covering the instrumental but hasn't accurately figured it out yet. Should've gone all the way and changed out the percussion, and added some new harmonies to reflect the idea, and maybe some new riffs like the kind in Muse's Halloween song on their last album

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah Mike sorry this aint it, putting a few notes out of key and calling it “dissonant” isn’t a remix c’mon man

also please stop with the sped up / slowed down tiktok meme versions

Edited by IntensityJS

2 hours ago, IntensityJS said:

Yeah Mike sorry this aint it, putting a few notes out of key and calling it “dissonant” isn’t a remix c’mon man

It was never meant to be a sophisticated remix. He said on stream that while creating the song he did a rather dissonant version for the sake of experimenting with it and this is it. It is more an experimental demo that was polished a bit and released as a remix and we should be glad that we got it at all. Otherwise in 10 years people would post "I wonder what that different version Mike once talked about on stream sounds like"

Edited by Coizu

4 hours ago, Coizu said:

It was never meant to be a sophisticated remix. He said on stream that while creating the song he did a rather dissonant version for the sake of experimenting with it and this is it. It is more an experimental demo that was polished a bit and released as a remix and we should be glad that we got it at all. Otherwise in 10 years people would post "I wonder what that different version Mike once talked about on stream sounds like"

The typical LPLive forum holy grail, for example

13 hours ago, bloodbath said:

The typical LPLive forum holy grail, for example

I mean, pretty much. We attach to anything we hear about most of the time. Not that that's a bad thing, of course. That's lead to us getting things like Pictureboard (which a lot of people have forgotten how big that actually was for us.) It's just nice to actually have it so we can kind of see where Mike's mind was going with it, even if I personally dislike how it sounds. There's a reason we got the version we got in the end, after all. 

21 hours ago, IntensityJS said:

also please stop with the sped up / slowed down tiktok meme versions

Is it weird that I quite like them? We'd end up getting them from some rando on Youtube anyway, it's nice to have these extra little versions to hear every once in a while.

• 5 months later...