What's next for birthday? Is collision course 20th possible?

thigolpbr

What's next for birthday? Is collision course 20th possible?

Well it's a little early to think about that we're still enjoying all the content on the M20 which was amazing but there are many LP fans like me who always want more.

and because of the fact that we know that the LP has a huge vault, when referring to material recorded by the band between demos, finished tracks, and thousands of shows in Audio and video, and with the success that was HT and now the M20 these celebrations for the 20th of the next albums there is a 90% chance that this will happen for the others.

CC is as close as we can get, let's see if we can predict what might happen, share what you think might come to CC20.

actually I have two lines of thoughts of what might happen to those 20th that is:

I don't think there will be a Box Set, but a bluray or dvd with the full show at The Roxy ( linkin park songs + CC songs w/ Jay Z ) and also the making of with exclusive footage and extended the making of that we have on the dvd it's only 17 or 18 min, maybe 1 hour of making of we'll have a lot of interesting things.

or simply:

a Q&A with the Band and Jay z talking about making the album and everything and then releasing the full Show on Streaming. (Of course Lp playing his songs and then Jay's entry).

what do you think?

I think it's a good move for the band to release the summer sonic 06' concert dvd because at the same time that the band will celebrate the 20th of MTM it will also, in a way, commemorate the 30th of the XERO tape that was released in 1997, i.e. "Reading My eyes" is on this show, and having a proshot of this song is something fans have been waiting for since 2006.

if they don't put summer sonic it would be a shame, but I would like a 2008 show that the band played "Reading My Eyes" I think they played it in 2 or 3 shows in 2008.
it would be on the mtm tour and we could also see the band playing reading my eyes. I would be satisfied.

But Summer Sonic 06' is still a dream...

10 minutes ago, Ex97 said:

Yes that Summer Europe 2008 tour was so special. Especially because we never got DSP’s for it even though we got Australia 2007 eventually. Was there ever an official answer as to why we didn’t? Seems weird because we got shows like Athens in 2009 and stuff. I bet they did do the DSP’s for that tour and just never released them or forgot. Maybe we can ask Pooch or somebody and we can get them now that Chester has passed and they’re just old DSP’s that only us hardcore fans will care about. 

it's pretty crazy to think that the band has hundreds, thousands of recordings since HT and we don't even have %5 of those materials and there are things that we will probably never have from the band.
I mean the whole HT era was just the Filmore show, rock am ring ( which we had for years ) and PR02 ( which is very important for us but it was a show with pictures between two shows and the conversations between the cut songs ) will we ever have a full PR02 show maybe in the 30th years? or before ? or never?

of course a lot of people don't care about that, it's just hardcore fans like us.
we just want more moments from the band's past, each show transmits a different energy even if it's the same set lists. maybe one day the band and the label will understand this and be able to open the vault and give it to the fans...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally I dont see Collision Course been easy to do simply because they need to work with JayZ's team to do that and i dont think they will bother cause that sounds like a lot of trouble to me. Coordination on HT20 and M20 wasnt the best, imagine involving another party in the mix. They couldnt make a box set like these either but pretty much everything they can include has already been metioned.
Full Roxy show, extended making of, Numb/Encore/Yesterday, Jay Z's Public Service Announcement live, Mike's mashup demos, DJ al-b3's demos since they have been confirmed to exist in Warner's internal cds, instrumentals and acapellas.
Thatd make a decent small box set for sure but I just dont see it happening. 

However what sounds more possible to me and has a lot more material to make it happen too is a Fort Minor anniversary! If Mike likes the idea he could easily get into it and he has lots of stuff to work with! Itd be super cool , and could make a proper box set too!

Fort Minor seems much more realistic than Collision Course. BUT - they didn't include Collision Course in Meteora|20 like they did with Reanimation on HT20, so anything is possible.

Just putting those live songs out from the start of the Roxy show would be a nice nod by LP. Put it on YouTube and call it a day, at worst. And you don't even have to put the LPJZ stuff out since it's already released.

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

Fort Minor seems much more realistic than Collision Course. BUT - they didn't include Collision Course in Meteora|20 like they did with Reanimation on HT20, so anything is possible.

Just putting those live songs out from the start of the Roxy show would be a nice nod by LP. Put it on YouTube and call it a day, at worst. And you don't even have to put the LPJZ stuff out since it's already released.

The Roxy LP set for a new LPU CD would be a fantastic idea

Edited by bloodbath

12 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

I would be very satisfied with that :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

But I think we dont have any info yet if MTM 20 will be in the plans? Like you all said that DSP's from 2008 is missing its strange. I remember after LP show in Vilnius(Lithuania) I was expecting to get this show to listen again, because was great show when I was there...

On 5/29/2023 at 10:08 AM, Ex97 said:

I think we will for sure get MTM20. Brad even kind of hinted at it during an interview for Meteora 20 when he said he didn’t really think that adding What I’ve Done (Distorted Remix) and Given Up (Third Encore Session) was really a proper ‘’anniversary’’ for Minutes To Midnight. Brad has always loved Minutes To Midnight if you watch interviews with him, he mentions it a lot. Phoenix also has posted on social media about the album several times, about how much he likes it. So I think for sure we will get MTM20. And most likely ATS20. Idk about other albums but probably. MTM was very special for the band. Mike even said that that time period was one of the most important things for the band because they all became best friends during the making of it, and he said especially with Chester, he got close with. So it’s a special album. I think we will get something great. Same for ATS.

Those DSP’s for sure exist somewhere and were just never released. Idk why. It sucks. They released the Australian and NZ ones from 2007 so why not the Europe 2008 ones? They gave us those in 2010. I think they forgot back then. They’re probably on a hard drive somewhere. Which sucks because I NEED ATHENS 2008 DSP IN MY LIFE. Haha.

I think that Brad was making a reference of just including those two additional songs doesn't make an anniversary edition, making references to the 15th anniversary edition. But I think for a proper boxset, why not including them? Why I do see a waste of space is including DSP tracks on physical CDs. Why do I want a couple of tracks when I can get the whole show? BUT they should liberate all the DSPs from that era for a broader audience (yes, including the European Summer Tour 08)

This topic is not in the newswire so I don't know but my small modes "wish list" for M20 that I posted (especially in one case) proved that someone is watching those "requests" so I will make a list of some stuff to release/fix/upgrade:

- HD upgrade of the video

- making of footage

- full live show

- fix the censored version of Izzo/In The End, which is not censored (it contains son of a bitch)

- instrumentals/acapellas for all 6 songs

- release that Numb/Encore (lyric video) that you have since 2020

On 5/18/2023 at 1:32 AM, LPLStaff said:

CC is one of those albums that still don't have the Hi-Res version available on streaming platforms, so I think that if they gonna do anniversary of it, this will be the very first thing what they will do. They can also throw any bonus content to it.

On 6/1/2023 at 8:53 PM, Frankcolumbo said:

I wish something would come before 2027 because counting four years is very difficult.

Potentially CC will happened in the next year in 2024, then in the next year 2025 you will have Fort Minor's TRT anniversary. Then you have 2 or 1 and half year to wait for MTM20.

19 hours ago, martinez said:

CC is one of those albums that still don't have the Hi-Res version available on streaming platforms, so I think that if they gonna do anniversary of it, this will be the very first thing what they will do. They can also throw any bonus content to it.

Potentially CC will happened in the next year in 2024, then in the next year 2025 you will have Fort Minor's TRT anniversary. Then you have 2 or 1 and half year to wait for MTM20.

it would be great if that happens! :)

On 6/4/2023 at 8:27 PM, martinez said:

What does Mike mean when he says Meteora20  is just one of good news for fans?

And what about a thousands sun living things the hunting party

If everything goes according to the 20th anniversary, it is very difficult to wait until 2034
I still have many questions about Meteora
I wish these boxes would answer all the questions, but unfortunately they bring more questions.

I wish we could get something every year.
I mean LPU