Holmdel 2004 Setlist Confirmed

LPLStaff

We would like to thank someone that went out of their way to find this information, but was kind enough to help us fill in an important missing gap in Linkin Park's live career. They wish to remain anonymous but without their help, we would have never been able to confirm this setlist.

In July 2004, Linkin Park and Jay-Z surprised fans with their epic Roxy Theatre show for the Collision Course DVD. The DVD would not be released until November 2004. A week later after The Roxy, Projekt Revolution 2004 kicked off and six shows into the tour, they shocked fans in Holmdel, NJ just outside of New York by bringing Jay-Z out in the encore.

Show reports varied on what they played together and while we can see clips in the LPTV 8: Projekt Revolution 2004 episode, the setlist was not confirmed until now. Just in time for the Meteora 20 box set release, here we go with what Linkin Park and Jay-Z performed that night in Holmdel! As far as we know, this is the first time the confirmed setlist has made its way online. This is an important set because Collision Course songs were only performed a handful of times with Jay-Z live - Roxy 2004, Holmdel 2004, Music For Relief 2005, Live 8 2005, the Grammy's 2006, New York City 2008, and Milton Keynes 2008. From those 7 performances, only Holmdel's setlist wasn't completely known.

01. Don't Stay

02. Papercut

03. Points Of Authority

04. With You

05. Runaway

06. Step Up/Nobody's Listening/It's Goin' Down

07. Somewhere I Belong

08. Figure.09

09. From The Inside

10. Breaking The Habit

11. Numb

12. In The End

13. Wish (Nine Inch Nails cover)

14. A Place For My Head

----------

15. Crawling

16. Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You (w/ Jay-Z)

17. Big Pimpin'/Papercut (w/ Jay-Z)

18. Jigga What/Faint (w/ Jay-Z) (Jay-Z then leaves the stage)

19. One Step Closer

As you can tell, Wish being moved up into the main set made it the only time that ever happened with Linkin Park that we know about. Jay-Z performed the first three Collision Course songs in the encore. And while Linkin Park skipped Lying From You and Faint in the setlist in favor of performing their Collision Course counterparts, they elected to keep Papercut in the setlist - probably because the mashup on Collision Course uses the instrumental base of Big Pimpin' whereas the other two use instrumentals of Lying From You and Faint, which makes sense. All of the standard intros for the songs were used, just with these song selection changes being made. This was also the longest show song-wise of the tour, with the Mountain View encore coming in a close second but lacks a full A.06, aborted Wish, and Sweet Child O Mine.

And there we have it! A historic show and now we finally know what was played! 

I was at this show…it was insane. Only time I heard Figure .09, Wish, and the BP/Papercut mashup live. I was also at the 2008 show at MSG, which was epic, but we kind of expected Jay-Z to come out in NYC. The Holmdel show with Jay Z was so unexpected. 

In-fucking-sane. Regardless of what anyone still thinks about Jay-Z's involvement with them (still think it was very fun and some take things way too seriously), this is amazing news, never gets old to receive never heard before info from really old shows like that. Thank you so much to the anonymous person who shared this with us.