'Minutes to Midnight' Album Logo Designs by Frank Maddocks

LPLStaff

In celebration of 'Minutes to Midnight' turning 14, Frank Maddocks posted on Instagram, "May 14, 2007 - Linkin Park Minutes to Midnight Icon design. The band asked me develop a logo that was iconic, memorable and easy to render. A simplistic almost punk approach. Broken down to basic elements. A bit of the exploration and development shown here."

He included a lengthy series of logos that he went through in presumably late 2006 or early 2007 before he reached the final, signature "circle LP logo" that we all know.

In related news, Linkin Park has uploaded the 40 minute "Making of MTM" DVD on YouTube for the first time. Still no word on the infamous "Webster Hall" footage that was shown in theaters of the band making the album, though!

iconic logo, and i loved how it was altered each album. Love the ATS one, and love the stripped back OML one.

In fact i think OML had some of the best font design in an LP album. Just gorgeous. 

4 minutes ago, Subs said:

iconic logo, and i loved how it was altered each album. Love the ATS one, and love the stripped back OML one.

In fact i think OML had some of the best font design in an LP album. Just gorgeous. 

OML has an awesome art overall, love it. ATS too obviously 

4 hours ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

OML has an awesome art overall, love it. ATS too obviously 

the OML logo art is awesome I remember that i had a collection somewhere in a thread

and about the MTM logos definetely they chose the best one the others were cool but looked like  a heavy metal band logo

btw look at this shit OMG it's a copy paste... wow.. https://janneimmonen.com/store/

10 minutes ago, JZ-CashGrabDude said:

the OML logo art is awesome I remember that i had a collection somewhere in a thread

and about the MTM logos definetely they chose the best one the others were cool but looked like  a heavy metal band logo

btw look at this shit OMG it's a copy paste... wow.. https://janneimmonen.com/store/

Lol it’s a copy