'Man in the Box' (Alice in Chains) feat. Chester Bennington

LPLStaff

When William DuVall joined Alice in Chains officially as lead singer in 2006, the band set out to play a limited number of shows across the world. One of these shows was the KROQ Inland Invasion in September 2006 just outside of LA in Devore, CA. The lineup was STACKED - Guns N' Roses, Alice in Chains, Muse, Avenged Sevenfold, Papa Roach, 30 Seconds to Mars, Rise Against, Buckcherry, Atreyu, and more.

None other than Chester Bennington showed up to see the show, which featured some of his favorite bands of all time. He told MTV, "I just came out to see Muse and as soon as I got here I was asked if I would sing. I’m kind of nervous. I’m like on recall, going through it in my head."

Unfortunately while the entire show was webcasted, Alice in Chains declined to let their set be broadcasted online for fans. But thankfully, someone in the crowd was able to capture the performance on a camera of their own. In 2006, this video was pretty easy to come by but over the years it has fallen out of circulation in a way... leading our resident archive expert lpliveusername to find the video & upload it to the LPLive Archive YouTube channel.

If you've never seen this video or if it's been a while... check it out below!

Chester was a fan of STP... and played with them.
A fan of AIC, and played with them.

That must be an awesome feeling.

And there's another angle of that one, filming the big screen

Edited by vinifeijo

2 hours ago, JZ-CashGrabDude said:

A thread with rare stuff from LPLarchive channel would be better this recording is awful

I’ve honestly never seen such an ungrateful, entitled pos before. Makes sense that someone had to step up and fill the void left by a certain user 🙄

27 minutes ago, avo17 said:

I’ve honestly never seen such an ungrateful, entitled pos before. Makes sense that someone had to step up and fill the void left by a certain user 🙄

haha I'm a sarcastic ass

but a compilation of LPL ARCHIVE would be great check out the channel they got amazing stuff that no one talks about