Technique Samples

LPsMart

10 hours ago, NJPLP said:

The way I found out that Linkin Park's "Forgotten" sampled from Beside's "Change The Beat (Female Version)" is here.

I might be mistaken with the "Mista Hahn's Tasty Gas Station Breaks From The Orient". I can't seem to find the sample, but I swear I thought I heard it on there before.

that's dope 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/21/2021 at 8:55 AM, LPsMart said:

For those hardcore analyzing fans like me, this might be huge, for most people it won't.

When I converted the .snd-files into .wav I found out some of them originally had longer titles and seemingly ROMEREND.snd originally was named "ROMERENDEZVOUS1" and rome2_(3.snd was called "ROME2_(3_COINS)".

Which led me to this vinyl called "Rendezvous in Rome", especially to a track with the title "Three Coins In The Fountain". Et voilà: It is the source of the bing noises and the strings. (Hence the title Rendezvo, obviously.)

The story's over, I just wanted to share this with you guys.

You forgot to add it to the samples that were sampled by Linkin Park on the Hybrid Party Of A Thousand Things page on Linkinpedia.

SQRATCH2, which comes from the LOOSESAMPLES2 folder and might also be sampled in "Forgotten", also comes from Beside's song "Change the Beat (Female Version). The sample was also in "Mista Hahn's Tasty Gas Station Breaks From The Orient".

It is also near the end of the song.

Edited by NJPLP

2 minutes ago, unksoldier2000 said:

AKI is a format of Kontakt, you can give up on that because is impossible to load or play it without the original WAV files 😕

I think what I meant to say is what about .APS? I think I accidentally got the both of them mixed up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2021 at 4:59 PM, unksoldier2000 said:

Portis1 (used on Goop) sounds like Hell on Earth by Mobb Deep...

Hm... I don't hear it.

Kinda random but I found an artist named Penny Penny. Maybe that's the origin of the PENNYBUMS and PENNYCYM samples?

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I think POD_CARDIG2 could be from The Cardigans.

1 hour ago, lpliveusername said:

Hm... I don't hear it.

the first note of the melody

Kinda random but I found an artist named Penny Penny. Maybe that's the origin of the PENNYBUMS and PENNYCYM samples?

probably, i could try to find it

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I think POD_CARDIG2 could be from The Cardigans.

idk if i saw that before

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder where the “CHAZAAAH” sample comes from? Possibly “Turn To Grey” because of Jeff mentioning that "this delayed vocal stuff at the end is cool"?

Edit: It’s not from “Turn To Grey”, as I originally thought, the sample is actually from “Part Of Me” (9/8/7 Track Demos). 

The sample appears after Chester/Chester & Mike sings/sing and rap the bridge at 2:29 (9-track demo) & 2:35 (8/7-track demo).

Edited by NJPLP

• 2 weeks later...

Martinez posted in the chatbox that Mike sampled Story Board by Mastermix on the Classic Hip Hop Sample Set track he created on Twitch. If you take a look on Discogs, "Story Board" is from a DJ vinyl called MasterMix Volume Un Grooves-Beats-Scratches that dates from 1998. I wonder if any of the sounds we have from the Hybrid Theory era are from this vinyl.

On 11/26/2021 at 12:05 PM, lpliveusername said:

Martinez posted in the chatbox that Mike sampled Story Board by Mastermix on the Classic Hip Hop Sample Set track he created on Twitch. If you take a look on Discogs, "Story Board" is from a DJ vinyl called MasterMix Volume Un Grooves-Beats-Scratches that dates from 1998. I wonder if any of the sounds we have from the Hybrid Theory era are from this vinyl.

I think it may be that 2.snd file from the MIKE MPC folder, that was a drum break from “Cure For The Itch”, that was mentioned on the Hybrid Party Of A Thousand Things page on Linkinpedia.

Edit: The sample at 0:03 is sampled into “Forgotten” because it is a part of the same sample that come from Beside’s song “Change the Beat (Female Version)”. The part of the same sample that is sampled into “Forgotten”.

Edited by NJPLP

On 11/28/2021 at 8:29 PM, NJPLP said:

that was a drum break from “Cure For The Itch”

nah uh. it sounds like a drum break from CFTI, but it's not

On 11/28/2021 at 8:29 PM, NJPLP said:

The sample at 0:03 is sampled into “Forgotten” because it is a part of the same sample that come from Beside’s song “Change the Beat (Female Version)”.

I'd rather think Joe sampled Change The Beat than this

28 minutes ago, LPsMart said:

nah uh. it sounds like a drum break from CFTI, but it's not

I'd rather think Joe sampled Change The Beat than this

Oh. I must have misread that part, whoops.

I think Beside sampled from Master Mix, then Linkin Park sampled from Beside.

Edited by NJPLP