Mike Selling Music on Zora

LPLStaff

30 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Mike should have explained that from the start. It was logical to assume it was like iTunes and it was just a preview of the full song. Yes, he only sold 37 seconds.

That doesn't really make sense to me tho cause why only sale 37 seconds of the song? Like it wouldn't be unique cause we could just rip the audio from the video thing, only the bidder knows if its the full song unless he told you it wasn't kinda weird if not

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, RayGun4200 said:

only the bidder knows if its the full song unless he told you it wasn't

No, everyone knows. Because that's how Zora works. If you don't believe me go ahead and read their whitepaper and docs on their website. It will even tell you, that the file must be publicly available. Otherwise the authenticity of the file couldn't be validated when reselling it.

Also it is not about getting access to the file when you bid on something on Zora. It's about being the owner of a given file. It doesn't matter if everyone can have a copy or see it on the internet. What matters to the people who buy that stuff is that for them, there is a concept of ownership of that file, and one person owns that. That's what it is all about. It is not about getting access to exclusive content.

1 hour ago, Coizu said:

No, everyone knows. Because that's how Zora works. If you don't believe me go ahead and read their whitepaper and docs on their website. It will even tell you, that the file must be publicly available. Otherwise the authenticity of the file couldn't be validated when reselling it.

Also it is not about getting access to the file when you bid on something on Zora. It's about being the owner of a given file. It doesn't matter if everyone can have a copy or see it on the internet. What matters to the people who buy that stuff is that for them, there is a concept of ownership of that file, and one person owns that. That's what it is all about. It is not about getting access to exclusive content.

Ah fair enough, I don't really know what Zora is only heard about it cause of MS. But that makes sense guess I misunderstood it my bad. It's just weird cause its not the full file $30k is worth a snippet of the track but whatever makes em happy.

12 minutes ago, RayGun4200 said:

Ah fair enough, I don't really know what Zora is only heard about it cause of MS. But that makes sense guess I misunderstood it my bad. It's just weird cause its not the full file $30k is worth a snippet of the track but whatever makes em happy.

None of this makes sense when you realize they're paying that much money to have the feeling of ownership of some gif files lol but if these people have that much money laying around and Mike wants to sell a few gifs, more power to him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2021 at 2:47 AM, Astat said:

Ditto. Call me pessimistic, but this seems like the kind of thing that ends up killing the concept of the album AND touring. If you're Mike, what's the point of investing a bunch of time and money into recording an album or going on tour when you can make one song at a time and sell it to people with massive amounts of disposable income for $10,000+?

This is Mike going the route of Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, and considering the definitely near-zero, possibly actually-zero number of people in this community who can afford to drop $10k on something as insignificant as a song, we're clearly not the target market.

Somebody call Martin Shkreli.

You may be right, he could sell a song for 10K or 100K, but there is a way that you could still buy it at an affordable price. It's called Fractional NFT, so he divides the 100K NFT into 100K pieces, this way you can buy it for 1 USD (the down side is that you will share the ownership with another 99999 people).