Grey Daze - Amends... Stripped (EP) - January 29, 2021

Somebodyangry

52 minutes ago, martinez said:

The title for Track 5 Linkinpedia says: The Syndrome (Stripped)

So what's correct: The Syndrome (Stripped) or The Syndrome (Demo)?

https://music.apple.com/us/album/amends-stripped-ep/1549091272

https://mora.jp/package/43000006/00888072227002/

As far as I know, it's listed everywhere as demo except for the official store where it's listed as stripped.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/23/2021 at 3:00 PM, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

What if it’s a stripped demo 😇

I ended on picking "(Demo)" option, but that's because it's the same on the physical release.

I'm not really deep into that band and releases, so I can't tell. The databases aren't helpful here at all and sometimes they contain a different name. On some streaming platforms/stores it's listed as "Demo" in some other places (bandcamp) is there as "Stripped" youtube detects it as "Down Syndrome (Acoustic)".

4 minutes ago, martinez said:

I ended on picking "(Demo)" option, but that's because it's the same on the physical release.

I'm not really deep into that band and releases, so I can't tell. The databases aren't helpful here at all and sometimes they contain a different name. On some streaming platforms/stores it's listed as "Demo" in some other places (bandcamp) is there as "Stripped" youtube detects it as "Down Syndrome (Acoustic)".

I think it’s a demo because of the different vocal take technically. 
But it’s also a stripped version compared to the Amends standard version. 🙈

5 hours ago, martinez said:

On some streaming platforms/stores it's listed as "Demo" in some other places (bandcamp) is there as "Stripped" youtube detects it as "Down Syndrome (Acoustic)".

I think maybe it was meant to be "Stripped" because the official site lists it that way and Bandcamp is also managed directly by the artists. The "Demo" thing could have been a mistake that the label is not willing to pay to fix (they'd have to pay to submit the songs again to stores/streaming). But I could be wrong. Could be the other way around. That track in particular is very similar to what they had released in 1997 while the others were either unreleased or newly recorded, so that could be the origin of "Demo" in the title. This is also the reason you see "Down Syndrome (Acoustic)" on YouTube. Grey Daze used to have both Wake Me and No Sun Today on their channel before they started promoting Amends. It probably recognizes the track as the 1997 version. The Amends Stripped version just contains some extra studio banter.

Just now, lpliveusername said:

I think maybe it was meant to be "Stripped" because the official site lists it that way and Bandcamp is also managed directly by the artists. The "Demo" thing could have been a mistake that the label is not willing to pay to fix (they'd have to pay to submit the songs again to stores/streaming). But I could be wrong. Could be the other way around. That track in particular is very similar to what they had released in 1997 while the others were either unreleased or newly recorded, so that could be the origin of "Demo" in the title. This is also the reason you see "Down Syndrome (Acoustic)" on YouTube. Grey Daze used to have both Wake Me and No Sun Today on their channel before they started promoting Amends. It probably recognizes the track as the 1997 version. The Amends Stripped version just contains some extra studio banter.

No, you are wrong!

I remember exactly that during the Pre-Order on iTunes (+ obviously in all other stores) the song had "(Stripped)" they later changed it for "(Demo)", so:

A - this can't be a mistake, since is the same on physical release.

B - the label can do it.

If it's about the YouTube thing, I think it could also mean that the acoustic version that they made in 2019/2020 was registered as "Down Syndrome (Acoustic)" and some video was uploaded with the song on youtube just before they changed the name of it.

32 minutes ago, martinez said:

I remember exactly that during the Pre-Order on iTunes (+ obviously in all other stores) the song had "(Stripped)" they later changed it for "(Demo)", so:

A - this can't be a mistake, since is the same on physical release.

B - the label can do it.

So the mistake was calling it Stripped and the band never fixed it on the official store / bandcamp.

33 minutes ago, martinez said:

If it's about the YouTube thing, I think it could also mean that the acoustic version that they made in 2019/2020 was registered as "Down Syndrome (Acoustic)" and some video was uploaded with the song on youtube just before they changed the name of it.

Doesn't make much sense because they changed the name of the song to "The Syndrome" for Amends.

What a mess lol. If the songs sounds the EXACT same as the ‘97 version it’d make sense to call it demo (or even alternative version), but if it differs in something from the original ‘97 version with the same vocals it makes sense calling it “stripped” because it’s a new stripped version of an unreleased version of the song. 
lol what a mess. 
What if they drop a stripped version of the actual Amends version of the song 😂

Edited by PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92