HT20 Vinyl - Hybrid Theory Too "Hot"?

skittle021

For anyone who has the new vinyl from HT20 - has anyone else noticed that the Hybrid Theory vinyl sounds like total garbage compared to the HTEP and Reanimation? It sounds like the mix is too "hot", like there is a lot of clipping in the vocals, drums and guitar. I also noticed on the inner ring of the vinyl that there is a "!" etched onto it. This is often a symbol used in the mixing and mastering process to indicate that a mix is too hot and should be reduced to -6dB before mastering. Are these two things possibly related? 

I am also curious if anyone with an OG print of Hybrid Theory can weigh in and let me know if that vinyl sounds bad as well. 

22 hours ago, skittle021 said:

For anyone who has the new vinyl from HT20 - has anyone else noticed that the Hybrid Theory vinyl sounds like total garbage compared to the HTEP and Reanimation? It sounds like the mix is too "hot", like there is a lot of clipping in the vocals, drums and guitar. I also noticed on the inner ring of the vinyl that there is a "!" etched onto it. This is often a symbol used in the mixing and mastering process to indicate that a mix is too hot and should be reduced to -6dB before mastering. Are these two things possibly related? 

I am also curious if anyone with an OG print of Hybrid Theory can weigh in and let me know if that vinyl sounds bad as well. 

Can you send me a photo of the "!" please? I'll pass it to Warner with a question.

On 10/27/2020 at 3:46 PM, skittle021 said:

Both of my copies from the Super Deluxe and vinyl sets have the "!" marking on them as well.

• 2 weeks later...

the vinyl of the "Super Deluxe Box"
the US version.

is written made in Germany?

because my box is US, the dvd's or card access are correct just like the US version, but I noticed that the vinyl is written "Made In Germany" is that right?

can someone who has the US version confirm?

6 hours ago, Hybridtheory said:

the vinyl of the "Super Deluxe Box"
the US version.

is written made in Germany?

because my box is US, the dvd's or card access are correct just like the US version, but I noticed that the vinyl is written "Made In Germany" is that right?

can someone who has the US version confirm?

Yes. Items in both US and EU versions were made in various countries.