July 20th

LPLStaff

We are sending our love out to the worldwide Linkin Park community of fans and fans of Chester Bennington today. It is not an easy day for many, and we acknowledge that.

If you would like to use this thread to share stories of Chester, Linkin Park, and more, please feel free.

Please know that we care about you all and we are very grateful that you are a part of the LP family.

When I bought Live in Texas DVD I thought his name was Lester for a while lol. 
I used to mimic his way of acting on stage putting my foot on the bed and pretending to have a microphone in my hands. 
I will always remember the thirst when I saw LP back in 2017, hours waiting outside the arena and that was terribly hot but worth it. 
Listening to his music is always awesome, LP, GD, DBS, STP, he always poured his heart and soul in his music. 

1 hour ago, leftshoe18 said:

Can we stop with the death anniversaries and just celebrate Chester's life on his birthday or something?

As much of a nice sentiment as this is, I think a lot of people's lives were changed on this  day as a result of what happened. At least for me, today stands for a sort of... look how far we've come. We've carried on living, at times for better or worse, after this dark day happened. It's sad to reflect on what could have been but at the same time, these are the hands we're dealt. If we're going to do anything today, it should be a celebration of Chester's life and legacy instead of another day of mourning. Because we're all still here being watched over by him wherever he is, and I think Chester would like us to smile today and appreciate what we do have and the gifts he gave us.

Hope everyone is doing okay today. And if you're not, that's okay too. Take every day one step at a time, especially in these times. Feel free to reach out if you need anything :)

On 7/20/2020 at 7:35 PM, RogueSoul said:

As much of a nice sentiment as this is, I think a lot of people's lives were changed on this  day as a result of what happened. At least for me, today stands for a sort of... look how far we've come. We've carried on living, at times for better or worse, after this dark day happened. It's sad to reflect on what could have been but at the same time, these are the hands we're dealt. If we're going to do anything today, it should be a celebration of Chester's life and legacy instead of another day of mourning. Because we're all still here being watched over by him wherever he is, and I think Chester would like us to smile today and appreciate what we do have and the gifts he gave us.

Hope everyone is doing okay today. And if you're not, that's okay too. Take every day one step at a time, especially in these times. Feel free to reach out if you need anything :)

Loved the way you put it. Thanks. I, too, was at the brink of thinking that I shall not forget about this day and celebrate his birthday more. But as fate would have it, it is supremely difficult to simply forget the day. However, we can still celebrate his life while considering this important day. Love to you all.

On 7/20/2020 at 5:15 PM, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

When I bought Live in Texas DVD I thought his name was Lester for a while lol. 
I used to mimic his way of acting on stage putting my foot on the bed and pretending to have a microphone in my hands. 
I will always remember the thirst when I saw LP back in 2017, hours waiting outside the arena and that was terribly hot but worth it. 
Listening to his music is always awesome, LP, GD, DBS, STP, he always poured his heart and soul in his music. 

Gosh. This is exactly my story sans I never got the opportunity to witness them live. But yeah, Live in Texas, jumping around the house like they jumped on that stage, keeping one foot on the bed...This is exactly what binds us together isn't it. Cheers mate.

2 hours ago, Shubho-Lp said:

Loved the way you put it. Thanks. I, too, was at the brink of thinking that I shall not forget about this day and celebrate his birthday more. But as fate would have it, it is supremely difficult to simply forget the day. However, we can still celebrate his life while considering this important day. Love to you all.

Gosh. This is exactly my story sans I never got the opportunity to witness them live. But yeah, Live in Texas, jumping around the house like they jumped on that stage, keeping one foot on the bed...This is exactly what binds us together isn't it. Cheers mate.

❤️