Mike Q&A Summary 6/25/2020

LPLStaff

Here's Mike's Q&A summary with highlights from Thursday, June 25th. Not a whole lot but he mentioned A Thousand Suns. Some of the questions deal with specifics about creating music, so check the stream out if that's up your alley.

- "Are there plans for the 10th anniversary of A Thousand Suns?" -> "Not at this moment. Maybe we should plan something, that'd be a good thing to do."

- "How do you feel about your music reaching newer generations even after so long?" -> "That's very exciting to me. Kind of like what I was talking about with renforshort.... in one sense, it's good to have fans, it's good to have young fans.. blah blah blah. But the idea of me being a 20 year old and making something and when I'm 43 and a 20 year old will listen to it or they're still going back to it, or I have something I can share or teach somebody... that's a whole other level of gratitude. So yeah, thanks for being here."

4 minutes ago, cristiann88 said:

does nobody EVER asks about what he thinks of grey daze, or amends?

He is asked all the time, and won't answer it. Why would Mike answer a question about them when their promo videos are full of people DESTROYING him for years now? That's gotta be incredibly disappointing for Mike to see that. The same people who said he is disrespecting Chester by playing In the End live, etc.

His silence says all that needs to be said.

Sean said he has nothing against LP, they are not buddies but nothing against them. 
About Mike not answering about GD, it’s two different worlds and yeah he might not care about the project because of Samantha’s involvement but who cares TBH. Mike is Mike and GD is GD. 

41 minutes ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Sean said he has nothing against LP, they are not buddies but nothing against them. 
About Mike not answering about GD, it’s two different worlds and yeah he might not care about the project because of Samantha’s involvement but who cares TBH. Mike is Mike and GD is GD. 

Sean has nothing against LP but is waging a war with fans against Warner and treating the LP fans like trash by cussing them out on social media.

Not just Sam. Chester's mom is a terrible person. His sister was involved in this stuff last year but she deleted her socials or something, not sure.

2 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Sean has nothing against LP but is waging a war with fans against Warner and treating the LP fans like trash by cussing them out on social media.

Not just Sam. Chester's mom is a terrible person. His sister was involved in this stuff last year but she deleted her socials or something, not sure.

I knew about Tobi, but I didn’t know Chester’s mom was “bad”, I remember a picture of him hugging her back in early 2017. 
Anyway, is Mike’s opinion about GD that relevant? I mean, it’s two different things, he never spoke specifically about High Rise except for saying Chester was happy about being with STP. 

Think about of your best friend, okay?
Now, you guys have your things that happen together. Nice, you comment about those things with other people.

This friend of yours also has things that happened in his life before he met you. Or things happening in his life that do not involves you.

And those things you just don't comment about with other people... because they are not related with you.

Simple.

2 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

Think about of your best friend, okay?
Now, you guys have your things that happen together. Nice, you comment about those things with other people.

This friend of yours also has things that happened in his life before he met you. Or things happening in his life that do not involves you.

And those things you just don't comment about with other people... because they are not related with you.

Simple.

THIS. Totally agree on this 

I knew something about that drama.. Didnt knew sean or mike's perspective on this, but I as a fan, would have love for someone on any side to step up, be the better man and make an effort to reach out in honor of chester. I'd love to see mike remixing one of the tracks for grey daze, or joe directing a video... I think that message will spread the love despite the diferent perspectives.

I myself have opinions on mike, chester's mom and sister, but those are private opinions based on nothing but asumptions. What, for me, would speak volumes is, for mike or sean to step up and try making AMENDS with the whole thing.

anyway, just a thought... Didn't know that mike omited those comentaries, or didn't awnser them willingly

Edited by cristiann88

39 minutes ago, cristiann88 said:

I knew something about that drama.. Didnt knew sean or mike's perspective on this, but I as a fan, would have love for someone on any side to step up, be the better man and make an effort to reach out in honor of chester. I'd love to see mike remixing one of the tracks for grey daze, or joe directing a video... I think that message will spread the love despite the diferent perspectives.

I myself have opinions on mike, chester's mom and sister, but those are private opinions based on nothing but asumptions. What, for me, would speak volumes is, for mike or sean to step up and try making AMENDS with the whole thing.

anyway, just a thought... Didn't know that mike omited those comentaries, or didn't awnser them willingly

I like that they are kept separate. Since they are indeed two completely different things. That way people who want to be involved with the GD stuff can do so without LP stuff getting involved and vice versa. 

It's not much different than when Chester was with STP. For the most part, they were their own things that never got in the way of each other. 

4 minutes ago, Hybrid1988 said:

I like that they are kept separate. Since they are indeed two completely different things. That way people who want to be involved with the GD stuff can do so without LP stuff getting involved and vice versa. 

It's not much different than when Chester was with STP. For the most part, they were their own things that never got in the way of each other. 

Yeah exactly, Mike or the other band members never expressed specific opinions about High Rise or OOA (except for Mike saying the album was more “rock” oriented than LP). 
LP is LP, GD is GD, Julien K are involved in the project and directly supported the album, but they have nothing to do with LP. It’s not that the hate each other or stuff like that, there are friends of my friends that I wouldn’t hang out with and I don’t even have their phone numbers

14 minutes ago, Cesar656 said:

Why would Mike give relevance to people trying to milk chester´s legacy?

Milking or not, the songs on Amends are fucking awesome and TBH I don’t need Mike’s opinion or permission to think that the album is great. No disrespect at all to Mike, obviously 

8 minutes ago, Cesar656 said:

Nobody says they are bad (even tho i wont bother listening to them), but again, why would Mike give the project relevance?

I agree on Mike not giving relevance to the project, it’s not necessary. THB as a LP fan, i see this as something distinct from LP, different, and it’s not necessary to have Mike’s approval to enjoy it. He gave a shoutout to Mark Morton because there was nothing conflictual about that, but with GD his silence is exactly what I expected and I think it’s the best thing he could do 

20 hours ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Yeah exactly, Mike or the other band members never expressed specific opinions about High Rise or OOA (except for Mike saying the album was more “rock” oriented than LP). 

Except LP attended the Out of Ashes shows and Chester attended the Fort Minor shows - both were showing support to one another. Mike talked on social media about that.

25 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Except LP attended the Out of Ashes shows and Chester attended the Fort Minor shows - both were showing support to one another. Mike talked on social media about that.

I remember the "co-hosted" shows. But with STP I remember the interviews of the LP band members talking about Chaz joining STP but there wasn't interaction or like specific talking about High Rise by Mike or Brad or the other guys, IIRC ;) 

6 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

LP used to give the stage to DBS during their encore to perform a few songs. LP also performed Welcome by FM. They always supported each other's side projects.

I remember when Mike brought Chester out to sing on Where'd You Go in 2006. That was a great moment.