Mike Q&A Summary April 20th, 2020

LPLStaff

And here we are again in yet a new week during quarantine, with yet another Mike Q&A summary from his live stream.

- "Did you used to skateboard?" -> "I did, I was always so terrible man. I was probably one of the worst skaters in my whole group of friends. It didn't last for me because it was too discouraging. Believe me, I tried, I was out there every two to three days. And I couldn't do it, I was just terrible. If you ever saw the beginning of Back to Future when he like was skating around town and grabbed the back of the car, we did that with an ice cream truck one time up in the valley and that was the coolest thing I ever did on a skateboard. That was the only time I ever felt like - this was fun!"

- "For any venture to be successful, everyone on the team has to be equally as passionate. When you were building the band what did you do to..." -> "I mean, there's no version of making other people be passionate. You can pep talk people but there are definitely times in everything that I've ever done where there are other people who are not coming to the table. And times when everybody is more excited than I am. I think that is why a lot of music artists are 1 person or 2 people, there are not as many bands anymore, because it's hard to get that many people on the same page."

- "Will the 2004 Brazil concert which was professionally filmed be released someday?" -> "That is a probably not. But, I don't know. Was it amazing? I don't know if that particular one was worth releasing over other ones."

- "Are there LP or Post Traumatic songs you listen to on your own to jam out?" -> "Not really, I don't really listen to my own stuff that much. Please don't wake up to my songs. Because my experience has been that waking up a song, you eventually just hate it. I always hate every song that I use as alarm clock."

- "Will there be a painting/drawing stream in the future?" -> "Yeah, we'll do a painting or drawing stream coming up. I also have some other ideas. I spent some time going through some of the other CoronaJams from previous days and we might revisit a couple of those. Especially the early ones because I found a few of those that were pretty cool. They never got arranged or organized so maybe we'll come back to those and add some stuff and arrange them and stuff like that. Especially the ones I started on Instagram."

- "In the last 22 years, how has connecting with the fans changed?" -> "I was thinking that this whole thing with chats and streaming is actually more similar to the early days of the band than most other things like Twitter. In the beginning of the band when people are on message boards and chatrooms, it was more like this. And things have moved away from that to Twitter and Instagram and Twitch and TikTok and whatever. And this is more, real-time... it was more like that back in the day."

50 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

- "Are there LP or Post Traumatic songs you listen to on your own to jam out?" -> "Not really, I don't really listen to my own stuff that much. Please don't wake up to my songs. Because my experience has been that waking up a song, you eventually just hate it. I always hate every song that I use as alarm clock."

I used to have Asbestos as my alarm, and God, I started to despise that song!

1 hour ago, SFNL14 said:

I used to have Asbestos as my alarm, and God, I started to despise that song!

Ha.

Similarly, when I'd plug my iPhone into my car via USB, A-Six would always play first no matter what. So now I'm quite sick of the riff.

3 minutes ago, Hahninator said:

Ha.

Similarly, when I'd plug my iPhone into my car via USB, A-Six would always play first no matter what. So now I'm quite sick of the riff.

Every time I plug my phone in, it's About You! So yeah the intro of that song got really old really fast.