DBS - 2020-2021?

Garret

Don’t you guys think it would be awesome if DBS did a project like Sean did with Grey Daze? They could re-imagine the songs, the 13 songs that made Out Of Ashes, and maybe the other 5 or so we know about that weren’t included with the album. 20 Eyes is a cover so probably not that one, naturally. Would be awesome. Many fans hate what Howard did with the album so this would be really cool, it would be a new chance for the DBS stuff to be done right. They could have some guests too, perhaps some people Chester admired just like the Grey Daze project did. Maybe Chester’s son (s) on a song or something too? Would be really cool IMO. And it would be a great honor to Chester. They could use some alternate vocal takes too just like Grey Daze did. Chester wanted to get DBS back together in 2017 so this would be a cool way to honor that as well.

Edited by Garret

Well DBS dont really have a reason to though. I mean Grey Daze songs are very old with poor production and recording and most people dont even know about them. 

So there are obvious reasons to remaster them, the old recordings are meh.

Whereas DBS was done with exellent equipement, it sounds like Chester wanted it to sound, and it did have some success too.

I mean would like your idea for sure, cause why not, just saying that there is not really a reason for DBS to do it compared to Grey Daze.

All the OOA versions were drastically different from the original versions. I like the originals way better. That’s why I thought it maybe a reimagining could be great. They could use the old versions and make them sound awesome and fresh.

Take the original ‘05 release that was finished and re-work it, re-record instruments, polish it up, add guests if you want, shit like that. Ryan and Amir said it was done at the end of ‘05 and could have released it then had Chester wanted to. I think the tracklisting on the JK site in 2007 was that CD’s tracklisting. I bet the instrumental and introutro song were badass. Probably some dark ambient type shit.

Edited by Garret

On 2/8/2020 at 12:36 PM, sordomuda said:

I would love to have something like that. These demos that we have are leagues above the actual album. If we could only get the rest of the songs that we dont have ughhhh. I actually listen to the demos a lot. Chester in his prime. 

Yeah I know... Imagine getting that original tracklisting Ryan had on the demo board at his house in 2007. My ultimate holy grail. Probably was the tracklisting for the fully done album in 2005 before they decided to re-work on it after PR08. Even if they don't re-mix the stuff or re-master it or whatever, I'd love if they released that album to us in any way, shape or form. I'd pay tons for it.

15 minutes ago, sordomuda said:

Why they have scrapped the first project and reworked it years later? 

Because Chester put it on hold to work on Minutes To Midnight and that lasted up until early 2007, and then LP went on tour for Minutes To Midnight which lasted until the end of Projekt Revolution 2008 (since the 2008 China shows after it were all cancelled). Ryan said that the album could have been done at the end of 2005 if they had wanted to call it done at that point. We did get Morning After (Remix) on the Underworld: Evolution soundtrack though, in January of 2006.