Garret

The Very Best Of The DSP’s

Since JZLP suggested that I make a compilation of the best performances of each song from the DSP’s era, here it is. If people want to add to Disc 2, feel free.

Album 1: Main Songs

Papercut: 2007.08.01 - Phoenix. Mike has an epic speech during the intro about how Chester joined the band. Also, a solid performance. Best Papercut of the DSP's as far as I'm concerned.

One Step Closer: 2010.11.15 - Tel Aviv. Listen to Chester screaming shut up in this performance and especially his screaming on the outro. You will never find a better performance of the song from the DSP’s. He sounds really great.

With You: 2012.06.09 - Warsaw. The song only returned in 2012 so we don’t have much to work with. However this performance from Warsaw is famous because he did the ''cmon'' scream briefly in the intro and didn’t at other 2012 shows. It’s not as good as when he did the cmon scream back in the day but it’s still cool and it’s definitely the coolest performance of the song from 2012.

Points Of Authority: 2007.08.14 - Virginia Beach. This performance has Mike doing High Voltage over the intro and it sounds badass. Since we don’t have a performance of High Voltage in any of the DSP’s, I wanted to also include the song in some fashion. And honestly the band sounds really good in this entire performance.

Crawling: 2008.06.29 - Milton Keynes. In this performance, you can hear the strings quite well in the intro and they sound amazing. Chester also doesn’t sound too bad singing, like in a lot of Crawling performances. 2008 and 2009 were the only years of the DSP’s that had the Reanimation intro so I definitely wanted one of those. And since we have a full Hands Held High in this compilation, I didn’t feel like I had to use one from 2009 that had the Hands Held High intro.

Runaway: 2012.06.01 - Adenau. Not much to work with since this song only came back in the beginning of 2012 and left by the time the Honda tour started. I think this one sounds pretty good.

In The End: 2010.10.22 - Stuttgart. Chester sings the full bridge here. And it’s also a great performance.

A Place For My Head: 2012.09.02 - Edmonton. I wanted to use a performance of the song that had the epic 2012 intro and this one was my favorite from 2012. Band is full of energy, performance sounds great, what more do you need?

Cure For The Itch: 2007.10.22 - Boondall. This performance was used on the ''Hybrid Theory - Live Around The World'' compilation and I think it’s the best one, honestly. I've always loved the Minutes To Midnight tour version of this song because it sounds so dark and cool.

Pushing Me Away: 2008.07.19 - Camden. I didn't want to use the piano version of the song so I chose a performance of the song where the band performed the studio version. I liked this performance the best.

Don’t Stay: 2008.08.24 - Woodlands. I like this performance of this song a lot for some reason, definitely my favorite performance of the song from the DSP's.

Somewhere I Belong: 2007.09.03 - Greenwood Village. I love this performance of the song. Chester gets really into it and it has the epic intro used during the Minutes To Midnight tour.

Lying From You: 2011.06.05 - Mountain View. Chester does a big scream during the intro when the guitar kicks in and it sounds awesome. Overall, a pretty solid performance of the song.

Faint: 2009.07.21 - Athens. Sounds great to me. I always have kept this performance of the song in my iTunes. I know Rock Am Ring 2007 is the ultimate performance of the song, but it’s not featured in the DSP's.

Breaking The  Habit: 2007.08.24 - Mansfield. I love this performance so much. The long intro is so good here and Chester really nails this performance.

From The Inside: 2007.08.24 - Mansfield. Listen to Chester’s scream when the song starts. One monster of a scream. I think it lasts about 16 seconds or more. Solid performance of the song.

Session: 2009.07.21 - Athens. It’s an instrumental and all the performances in 2009 of the song sound the same, honestly, or have very minimal differences. This one sounds good to me. And I also used Faint from this show so why not? Meteora is in Greece, after all.

Numb: 2008.02.21 - New York. Good performance of the song. Not much else to say. Not sure why this performance stuck out to me, but it did.

Wake: 2008.02.22 - Montreal. With Wake being an instrumental, really most performances of the song could work. Montreal sounds fine to me.

Given Up: 2008.02.22 - Montreal. Chester pulls off the 18 second scream in this performance. Even though he did it at Selma 2007 and Columbus 2008 as well, this is the best sounding performance out of all of them, IMO.

Leave Out All The Rest: 2008.01.20 - Frankfurt. I think Chester absolutely nails the bridge on this one. He sounds very good compared to some other performances. I’ve always loved this performance of the song.

Bleed It Out: 2007.07.25 - Auburn. This was hard to choose for me because Bleed It Out has so many good performances and the song never truly sounds ''bad'' to me. I love this performance in Auburn because it was the first extended performance of the song ever and it sounds great. The sing-a-long between the crowd and Chester and Mike is also epic.

Shadow Of The Day: 2010.12.13 - Melbourne. Not sure if this is the same Shadow Of The Day as on ''Minutes To Midnight - Live Around The World'' or not, but it says it is on the live guide. IMO, it’s the best performance of the song, ever. Chester sounds good and I love when the song picks up and the guitar solo comes in, Chester gets really into it.

What I've Done: 2008.02.18 - Manchester. This performance of the song is the best, IMO. It has the epic 2008/2009 intro and Chester also sounds really good in this performance.

Hands Held High: 2007.11.27 - Osaka. This one was used in the 'Minutes To Midnight - Live Around The World'' release and honestly, I think it is the best sounding performance of the song.

No More Sorrow: 2011.06.28 - Arendal. IMO, this is the best performance of the song. The band sounds good. Chester sounds good. Has the epic long intro for the song as well.

Valentine's Day: 2008.02.18 - Manchester. The long intro for the song was done for the first time in this performance. The band also sounded good in this performance, compared to some other performances of the song.

In Between: 2008.02.16 - Detroit. For some reason, I really liked this performance of the song the most out of all.

In Pieces: 2007.08.28 - Syracuse. Brad nails the solo here. Additionally, Chester surprisingly doesn’t sound too bad like he did on a lot of other performances of this song.

The Little Things Give You Away: 2007.08.07 - Atlanta. I love this performance. Mike says ''Is anyone here from New Orleans?'' before the song starts and their is also heartfelt speech after the song, too. Best performance of the song, IMO.

The Requiem: 2011.02.04 - New York City. Pretty much all performances of the song sound the same as it’s an instrumental (kind of). I like this one from New York the best.

Burning In The Skies: 2011.06.14 - Stockholm. I really like this performance of the song for some reason. Always have.

When They Come For Me: 2010.10.20 - Berlin. This is my favorite performance of the song. Sounds particularly good to me.

Jornada Del Muerto: 2010.06.05 - Mountain View. I absolutely love this performance of the song.

Waiting For The End: 2012.08.14 - Mansfield. Fantastic performance. Has the epic 2012/2013 intro and outro.

Blackout: 2011.02.22 - San Jose. Chester’s screaming in this particular performance of Blackout is better than other performances of the song, IMO. Mike also sounds good in this performance, too.

Wretches And Kings: 2010.11.13 - Abu Dhabi. The song is performed like the album version of the song, with the Mario Savio speech before the song kicks in, which I like a lot. It's also a solid performance of the song.

Wisdom, Justice, And Love: 2010.10.15 - Tel Aviv. Song is like The Requiem in that it sounds pretty much the same at all shows.

Iridescent: 2010.11.15 - Tel Aviv. Just a great performance of the song. Nothing more to say.

Fallout: 2011.09.26 - Singapore. Any performance of this song could work, really. This performance of the song sounded cool to me, so I chose it.

The Catalyst: 2011.06.28 - Arendal. By far my favorite performance of the song. Chester’s scream in the bridge section after the second chorus is amazing. And the band sounded really good here overall.

The Messenger: 2011.02.23 - Los Angeles. Chester talks about he wrote the song for his kids before the song starts. I liked that. I also love the performance.

Lost In The Echo: 2012.09.14 - Mexico City. By far the best performance of the song, IMO. I absolutely love when Mike yells ‘’Mexico City!!’’ before the song kicks in. Really pumps me up. And Chester sounded great with the screams and choruses.

In My Remains: 2012.09.10 - Chula Vista. I love the synth sound in the bridge during this particular performance that isn’t present in other performances. But even besides that, the band sounded great, unlike in a lot of other performances of the song.

Burn It Down: 2012.11.10 - Johannesburg. My all-time favorite performance of the song is from Chiba 2013 but we don't have a DSP for that show, sadly. This performance of the song is also good, though.

Lies Greed Misery:  2012.06.08 - Nickelsdorf. I really like this performance of the song. The guitar seems louder in the mix compared to some other performances on the DSP's and I love how Mike raps ''talk shit to me'' instead of ''talk slick to me'' during the first verse.

Victimized/Qwerty: 2012.08.14 - Mansfield. Chester’s screaming is better in this performance than any other performance of the song, IMO. Solid performance overall.

Tinfoil: 2012.06.06 - Bucharest. It’s an instrumental and all performances of the song sound the same for the most part. I liked this one the most, not sure why.

Album 2: Special Performances & Rarities

GU: 2007.08.03 - Selma. Chester pulls off the full 18 second scream for the  first time in front of a crowd, at a big show, since the MTM rehearsals were neither of those. Worthy to be on the list as he only ended up doing it 3 times in total, ever.

POA: 2007.08.10 - West Palm Beach. This POA features Step Up over the intro, which is definitely rare and pretty cool.

POA: 2007.08.13 - Raleigh. I don't want to list every POA from the MTM cycle where Mike rapped things over the intro because it would be insane. I'll only do the ones that I feel are really cool and this is one of them. We have POA with High Voltage on Disc 1 and this one is also really cool. He raps Second To None over the intro. Definitely special.

Qwerty: 2007.08.21 - Toronto. I mean, let’s be honest, the 2006 live version of this song is leagues above the PR07 ones. But I think this is the best sounding performance of the song on PR07. Chester sounds good and it’s not as sloppy as some other performances of the song on the tour.

SOTD: 2008.08.24 - Mansfield. Brad performed a different solo during the song at this show only. Very rare.

PMA: 2007.08.31 - Noblesville. I had to include the piano version of this song and this is my favorite performance of it. Chester's speech before the song is great here, too.

Faint: 2007.09.03 - Greenwood Village. This one is awesome because since it was the last night of the tour, and last song of the night, the band invited all the bands on stage, whoever wanted to go up from the various bands on the tour. It ended up being a really unique and cool performance and definitely a rarity because LP has only done that a few times, such as having OM&M come out at the end of the 2014 tour in Europe, etc. However PR07 was 11 bands including LP so this marks the only time that the band invited an entire tour worth of bands on stage. I also am now thinking PR07 had the most bands at one time that they ever took out on tour but that doesn't matter.

Just Like Heaven (a.k.a. Show Me): 2008.01.16 - Hannover. This performance was the first time ever that the band performed their short cover of Show Me. I chose this one for a few reasons. It's the first time they ever performed it so that's cool and it also sounds just as good as the other performances of it. Not much else to say.

GU: 2008.02.15 - Columbus. The second time that Chester pulled off the 18 second scream in front of a crowd. Worth having.

Umbrella: 2008.02.18 - Manchester NH. The band did this in London earlier in the tour, but I liked this one more. Sounded better. Super rare because they only did this twice, this obviously being the last time.

Numb/Encore: 2008.02.21 - New York City. I guess it's not really all that rare but this was the first of two times that the band had Jay-Z come out on stage with them during the MTM cycle, the second being at the Milton Keynes show that everyone knows. Pretty cool performance, and frankly, IMO, better sounding than the Milton Keynes performance. It was also completely random for the crowd since Milton Keynes had Jay-Z as an opening act, so it was assumed he was going to come out with the band.

Jigga What/Faint: 2008.02.21 - New York City. All the info needed is included in Numb/Encore above. I also think that this performance is better than the Milton Keynes performance.

My December: 2008.02.26 - Nashville. This performance was used in Songs From The Underground but it truly is a great performance of the song, IMO. Since it was only featured on the DSP’s for a short time in 2008, there isn’t much to choose from and this one here sounds just as good as all the others, if not better.

BTH: 2008.07.12 - Toronto. Very special and rare performance right here. Since the band besides Mike and Chester were late showing up, the band opened their set with BTH in a full piano version. This was the only time this was ever done in the band's career.

WID: 2008.07.12 - Toronto. The band opened with BTH in full piano as listed above and then went into PMA full piano, which is something that the band played at virtually every show for MTM. However, after PMA, Mike did HHH over the WID summer 2008 intro. This was the only time that he ever did this over WID and it's a great performance. Very rare.

Intro/OSC: 2008.07.16 - Mansfield. The band had Street Drum Corps open the show for PR08 and I loved this performance of OSC with them the most. Sounded badass.

Crawling: 2008.07.18 - Burgettstown. On PR08, the band invited Chris Cornell up on stage virtually every night to perform Crawling with them. This performance in Burgettstown is the best sounding one, IMHO. I know it was included as a bonus track for Songs From The Underground but it really is the best sounding performance of the song, at least to me. The officially released one was also censored so this one is cool to have.

Intro/NMS: 2008.07.19 - Camden. One of the other openers on the tour that S.D.C. came out on. Loved this one the most.

Wake 2.0: 2008.07.20: Hartford. Best sounding performance of the track, IMO.

WMI: 2008.07.22 - Wantagh. IMO, this is the best sounding performance of the song out of the 6 times that they performed it on the tour. Nothing much else to say other than it's a rare performance since it was only done a handful of times ever.

LFY: 2008.08.03 - Atlanta. Has the summer 2008 intro and I found this to be my favorite performance. Starts off nicer than some others.

BIO: 2008.08.16 - East Troy. The band dressed as 80's rock stars and came out on stage to perform BIO with Sweet Child O' Mine mashed up with it. Only time this was ever done and super rare. It also featured S.D.C. like BIO always did on the tour, this one was just the coolest.

BIO: 2008.08.21 - Maryland Heights. Mike rapped RME over BIO at this show. Very rare at the time (he did this a handful of times throughout 2014-2017).

Intro/WID: 2008.08.24 - Woodlands. Another opener that S.D.C. was featured on. I loved this one the most.

GU: 2009.07.21 - Athens. Chester sang demo lyrics for Given Up during verse 2. He sang ''Looking for help somehow, somewhere, and you don't care'' where as the album version and other performances of the song he sings ''no one cares''.

ITE: 2009.07.23 - Graz. A rare ITE in which Chester sings the bridge along with the crowd.

POA: 2009.07.30 - Stuttgart. Mike raps High Voltage over the intro once again but also does RME over the outro. All in the same performance of POA. Worth mentioning.

New Divide: 2009.08.08 - Chiba. Has an epic intro and a solid performance.

POA: 2009.08.16 - Macau. Mike rapped Dedicated over POA which is super rare and a great performance.

WID: 2010.10.07 - Buenos Aires. WID closed the show. The band did this at the NYC show before this show, however there was no DSP. The band did it again after this show in Santiago. After that, WID never closed the set again. So this is a rare performance and the best out of the two that we have DSP recordings for, IMO.

APFMH: 2010.10.25 - Paris. The band played APFMH at this show because it was the 10th anniversary of HT the day before. Super rare for the band to do something like this and the only  time on the ATS tour that the full song was performed.

The Messenger: 2010.11.15 - Tel Aviv. The band performed a short cover of Bob Marley's ''No Woman No Cry'' over the intro to BIO at this show. This was the first and only time that the band ever did this, making this super rare and super awesome.

Faint: 2010.12.15 - Homebush. The band brought up the Pez Brothers to play Faint  at this show, very rare and epic.

Intro/New Divide: 2011.06.23 - Moscow. The band performed an exclusive intro for ND at this show. The band did it once more at the final show of the ATS tour in Singapore. However, this one is better, IMO.

Iridescent: 2011.06.23 - Moscow. As much as I hate the energy-up version of Iridescent, the band performed it at this show for the first time. Pretty rare.

BIO: 2011.09.11 - Chiba. The band performed NRL for the first time over BIO at this show. Talk about rare!

Ballad Medley: 2012.05.27 - Landgraaf. I love this one. Not sure why. Thought it was great.

BIO: 2012.06.03 - Nürnberg. The band let a fan come up on stage during this performance and propose to his girlfriend. Very rare for the band to do something like this.

LFY/Papercut: 2012.08.17 - Camden. I felt like this was the best performance of this mash-up. The crowd exploded - I was at the show. And it sounds good.

APFMH: 2012.08.25 - Noblesville. The band performed APFMH randomly in the middle of the set which is something they hadn't done on the touring cycle. Not super rare really since APFMH was in a lot of LT sets, but cool nonetheless.

BIO: 2012.09.02 - Edmonton. Has Mike Einziger on BIO and it sounds WAY better than the debut performance of it that I originally chose in Englewood. Definitely my favorite one.

BIO: 2012.09.14 - Mexico City. I chose this performance for the obligatory Sabotage performance. I liked this one the best.

ND: 2012.10.05 - Buenos Aires. The band had to abort the song due to rowdy fans during this performance. Super rare because this hasn't been done since 2003 or so.

Edited by Garret

Wow Garret thank for doing this, it seems like a lot of work also i think other performances worth mentioning are Papercut live in Arizona in 2008 when mike talks about how chester join the band that was amazing and the POA performance in Stuttgart in 2009 when mike rapped High Voltage mixed with Bloc Party in the intro and Reading My Eyes at outro which sounds heavy as fuck

1 hour ago, Diaux said:

Wow Garret thank for doing this, it seems like a lot of work also i think other performances worth mentioning are Papercut live in Arizona in 2008 when mike talks about how chester join the band that was amazing and the POA performance in Stuttgart in 2009 when mike rapped High Voltage mixed with Bloc Party in the intro and Reading My Eyes at outro which sounds heavy as fuck

Wow, I totally forgot about that Papercut. I think I'm gonna edit my post and use that one instead. That was a great one. I'll add that POA to Disc 2 as well. There is just SO MUCH content in all of the DSP's that it's hard to remember it all. That's why I wanted people like yourself to post good performances that I may have forgot.

Edited by Garret

Man I'm working on this right now im so proud of you man this list is fucking amazing damn dude you are a human data base of LP info thanks God that you are here you contribute 100000x more than most of the people that are against you 

This is epic I didn't expect a commentary for every track im overwhelmed 

You fucking rock 

Edited by JZLP

I just downloaded every single file just give me some time to organize the files, create the artwork and I'll add your notes for sure. 

There's some stuff missing Garret, could you please choose the show for the next tracks:

LFY/Papercut (Mashup) 

Ballad Medley 

LFY 2008 Intro 

Suggestions are welcome for disc 2.

Edited by JZLP
Notes

Another question 

Does a performance of ITE features Chester singing the whole bridge? That would be a good one too. 

I finished organizing folder 1, the order is according to each album it's looking good so far.. Ballad medley/ papercut LFY will go to folder 2

IMG_20191006_203302.jpg

1 hour ago, JZLP said:

Another question 

Does a performance of ITE features Chester singing the whole bridge? That would be a good one too. 

I was wondering that too because I would have chosen that for ITE. I couldn't sit and check every single ITE because it would drive me crazy. If someone knows of one or finds one, let me know so I can swap it out.

19 hours ago, JZLP said:

I just downloaded every single file just give me some time to organize the files, create the artwork and I'll add your notes for sure. 

There's some stuff missing Garret, could you please choose the show for the next tracks:

LFY/Papercut (Mashup) 

Ballad Medley 

LFY 2008 Intro 

Suggestions are welcome for disc 2.

I will add these.

20 hours ago, JZLP said:

Man I'm working on this right now im so proud of you man this list is fucking amazing damn dude you are a human data base of LP info thanks God that you are here you contribute 100000x more than most of the people that are against you 

This is epic I didn't expect a commentary for every track im overwhelmed 

You fucking rock 

No problem man I had fun doing it. And we needed it to be done. The commentary I wanted to do because I felt like people would wonder why they were the best in my own opinion. I am open to adding whatever you or maybe others think for more of the Disc 2 stuff.

Edited by Garret

I added a new BIO with Mike Einziger in DIsc 2 because it was so much better sounding than the performance that I had chosen originally.

Awesome man I'll work on this tonight, tagging files it's kinda boring but I want this collection to look clean and organized. 

Edited by JZLP

I've found 3 shows with Chester singing ITE bridge but only in Stuttgart he sings the full part. 

Graz is interesting because Brad plays PMA during a verse. 

Stuttgart 10. 22.10 

Graz 2009 (PMA guitar tease) 

Arras 2011 

Edited by JZLP

24 minutes ago, JZLP said:

I've found 3 shows with Chester singing ITE bridge but only in Stuttgart he sings the full part. 

Graz is interesting because Brad plays PMA during a verse. 

Stuttgart 10. 22.10 

Graz 2009 (PMA guitar tease) 

Arras 2011 

As an Austrian, I am voting for Graz ;)

I got an update on Album 2 (Rare&special performances) I did a lot of research and added like 20+ songs 

Garret and others 

Which other tracks are missing on album 2?

Edited by JZLP

53 minutes ago, JZLP said:

I got an update on Album 2 (Rare&special performances) I did a lot of research and added like 20+ songs 

Garret and others 

Which other tracks are missing on album 2?

10 minutes ago, JZLP said:

Sorry wrong image this is the correct one

https://imgur.com/smtDOZn

Looks good to me. You really are the hero of Album 2. You added so much to it. Maybe other people know some other rare stuff but it looks pretty good to me.

I just found two more gems.. There's another SOTD with an alternative guitar solo and a LOATR with a jam outro

I still need to tag every single file and create the covers for both albums 

Suggestions for the names of the albums? 

3 hours ago, JZLP said:

I just found two more gems.. There's another SOTD with an alternative guitar solo and a LOATR with a jam outro

Really?? What shows? Amazing work you have been doing for this finding all this stuff. I suck with names, you have any ideas? 

6 hours ago, JZLP said:

Dope Song Party (or Playlist?) haha

5 hours ago, Garret said:

Really?? What shows? Amazing work you have been doing for this finding all this stuff. I suck with names, you have any ideas? 

False alarm about another SOTD but the LOATR jam is from Melbourne 07 night 2

And there's also a unique jam of OSC where Brad doesn't stops playing the main riff and the band joins him it sounds really cool. 

On 10/14/2019 at 1:20 AM, JZLP said:

False alarm about another SOTD but the LOATR jam is from Melbourne 07 night 2

And there's also a unique jam of OSC where Brad doesn't stops playing the main riff and the band joins him it sounds really cool. 

We should add that LOATR and whatever OSC you are referring to. I also think on Album 1 we should swap out TLTGYA from Mansfield to Atlanta. Better speech after the song and Mike says ''anyone here from New Orleans?'' before the song. Better sounding performance, too.

On 10/16/2019 at 11:00 PM, Garret said:

We should add that LOATR and whatever OSC you are referring to. I also think on Album 1 we should swap out TLTGYA from Mansfield to Atlanta. Better speech after the song and Mike says ''anyone here from New Orleans?'' before the song. Better sounding performance, too.

I'll make the changes next week and I'll try to release it im on vacation right now. 

Amazing list! Going through the performances you mentioned, they are very good!

The ITE with the full bridge is not from 2009 though, it is at the Stuttgart 2010 show :)

11 hours ago, JZLP said:

I'll make the changes next week and I'll try to release it im on vacation right now. 

Ok no rush. 

6 hours ago, JJJ said:

Amazing list! Going through the performances you mentioned, they are very good!

The ITE with the full bridge is not from 2009 though, it is at the Stuttgart 2010 show :)

Thanks, when JZE makes the changes and releases it, it’ll be the correct one now that we know. I’ll change the date in my og post too.