2019.03.05 - Hannover, Germany

RogueSoul

Round three, Germany. Mike Shinoda and company's third stop on the final leg of the Post Traumatic Tour in Europe is taking them to Hannover, Germany at the Swiss Life Hall.

It's been quite some time since Mike last played in Hannover. The first and only time he's ever played there was with Linkin Park in 2008, on the Minutes To Midnight Winter European Tour - which makes it over eleven years since Mike last performed in the city. It was the very first show of the year for the band, and they brought 2008 to one hell of a start. A brand new set dubbed Set T made its debut at this show, featuring the debut of the classic AMBO Intro for 'What I've Done' to open the show. The set featured many new Minutes To Midnight tracks like 'Given Up' and 'Shadow Of The Day,' but also featuring the classics like 'Faint' and 'Lying From You.' A few songs got their live debut at this show: namely 'Valentine's Day,' a Minutes To Midnight deep cut. Mike's short cover of The Cure's 'Just Like Heaven' (dubbed 'Show Me' on DSPs) was also played for the first time. A few songs saw a triumphant return, too: 'A Place For My Head' kicked off the second encore, being performed for the first time since 2004. And right after came 'One Step Closer,' debuting its classic extended outro for the first time while also closing a show for the first time since 2004. An action packed show for the record books!

Mike's last show in Bremen may have been just as eventful. The show kicked off with hip-hop flair with a huge run of 'Petrified,' 'Until It Breaks,' 'Hold It Together,' 'When They Come For Me,' and 'In Stereo.' The main set ended a bit short with only 15 songs... but Mike came back and delivered with a massive eight song encore. And not just any eight songs. Mike brought out 'It's Goin' Down' by request, as well as 'Prove You Wrong,' giving it its live debut, rehearsed once (earlier in the day at soundcheck) and unplanned. This show saw the tour debuts of 'Until It Breaks,' 'Hold It Together,' and 'It's Goin' Down.' 'Watching As I Fall' was performed at soundcheck as well, but was not performed in Bremen. Maybe we'll see it in Hannover?

As far as what we'll see in Hannover - it's anyone's guess! We've seen 'Welcome' and 'Petrified' open a show, leaving three other opening songs to choose from: 'When They Come For Me,' 'Robot Boy' and 'World's On Fire,' and 'Remember The Name.' Any of those 5 are fair game, as well as any other new openers Mike could throw at us out of the blue. 'A Place For My Head' wasn't played in Bremen, despite Don Broco opening the show. Maybe we'll see it return in Hannover? Plenty of songs from the past tour have yet to make an appearance: 'Invisible,' 'High Road,' 'World's On Fire,' 'Place To Start,' 'Watching As I Fall,' 'Lift Off'... There's plenty of good stuff yet to come - and I'm sure surprises down the way, as well. What songs do you want to see in Hannover?

Don Broco will be opening the show (and the rest of the shows in Germany), and they hardly need any introduction at this point. If you're looking for a bunch of good lookin' English dudes to jam out and have fun with for half an hour before Mike Shinoda comes on, you're in the right place. Their set opened with 'Everybody' before continuing into more energetic tracks: 'Automatic' and 'Pretty.' The set also included their hits like 'Come Out To LA' and 'You Wanna Know,' ultimately closing with 'The T-Shirt Song' - the Don Broco fanbase's version of 'A Place For My Head.' Speaking of 'A Place For My Head,' Don Broco performed the song with Mike at the end of the Outbreak Tour to close the shows... since the song is already in the set, perhaps we'll see them back onstage to deliver the filth. We'll have to wait and see! But make sure you catch these guys live before Mike - you won't regret it.

Who's going to the show? Mike has two more shows in Germany on this beginning run in Oberhausen and Hamburg before heading out in Europe with shows in Paris, France and London, England to follow. Mike will return to Germany again later in the tour, with stops in Munich and Ludwigsburg. The music video for 'I.O.U.' dropped today - be sure to check it out. If you saw Mike on tour in the United States last year, see if you can spot yourself!

Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates, and join the LPLive Discord for discussion with fans around the world! We just launched the new LPLive Archive YouTube Channel that is loaded with hours of rare content from the Linkin Park world, and we'll also be uploading videos from the Post Traumatic Tour there, too. Be sure to subscribe! Follow our Instagram too for pictures and videos from the shows!

Check out the rest of Mike Shinoda's 2019 touring schedule here.

Hey I was at the show: Some stuff I remember: (Please note that I am just writing the stuff I remember and it might not be of info to anyone)
Mike joked with the guitarist (forgot his name sorry) that he should rap the next song (which was WTCFM)

During the show (forgot which song sorry) he signed someones sign (don't remember what it said either)
He wanted to hang up someones fanart (of Boris and Oatmeal) on his keyboard) but the art/cloth was so big it didn't work
He played Sorry for now (seemingly upon request)
He did a speech about Keith Flint before In The End
Prove You Wrong was played again
And to top it off: Along with two members of Don Bronco Mike played APFMH
He played around with the samples of Hold It Together with an extended ending saying he loved those samples
Sorry For Now included a drum solo

Edited by rd1994
Forgot something