Technical Difficulties?

Garret

Is Chester featured in the studio version of Technical Difficulties off of Death To Analog? Chester made many guest appearances live during the song. He did Technical Difficulties with them at their first ever show at Club Tattoo in 2006, many times throughout 2007, he did it with them at Club Tattoo in 2008, and even a few shows in 2009. The demos of the song on Time Capsule lack the vocals on Death To Analog. It sounds like a distorted Chester, for sure. Chester also executive produced the album, even though the track was released on Transformers back in 2007, the same mix.

Is Chester featured in the studio version of Technical Difficulties off of Death To Analog? Chester made many guest appearances live during the song. He did Technical Difficulties with them at their first ever show at Club Tattoo in 2006, many times throughout 2007, he did it with them at Club Tattoo in 2008, and even a few shows in 2009. The demos of the song on Time Capsule lack the vocals on Death To Analog. It sounds like a distorted Chester, for sure. Chester also executive produced the album, even though the track was released on Transformers back in 2007, the same mix.

No one in Julien K can scream like that pretty sure it's a ghost collaboration to avoid WB getting in the way.

No one in Julien K can scream like that pretty sure it's a ghost collaboration to avoid WB getting in the way.

Yeah, good point. If you listen to the demos of the song from Time Capsule, there is a computer voice saying ''we are''. In the Death To Analog/Transformers version, you can clearly hear someone saying ''we are''. It could be Ryan but idk.

Edited by GarretLP

In one of the live streams about the Time Capsule, Ryan said something about Chester teaching him how to sing, how Chester's vocals were still in the background on Shaking, then said the final version of Technical Difficulties wouldn't be as good without "Chester doing his thing." I've heard about some interviews where they flat out confirmed Chester is in the song but couldn't really find any. Still, the video I mentioned is enough confirmation for me. It's listed as a reference on Linkinpedia if anyone is interested in watching.

Wasn't that the Brandon Belsky remix? I've heard about that but I think it's never been confirmed by the band.

yes! but I'm pretty sure that his vocals are on the original version too, you can hear it if you pay attention during the chorus.

they never confirmed for the same reason of Technical Difficulties, as JZE said.

yes! but I'm pretty sure that his vocals are on the original version too, you can hear it if you pay attention during the chorus.

they never confirmed for the same reason of Technical Difficulties, as JZE said.

It's funny because you can definitely hear Chester when listening to Maestro's chorus on the studio version of the song, but I never really noticed. Thanks for sharing.

It's funny because you can definitely hear Chester when listening to Maestro's chorus on the studio version of the song, but I never really noticed. Thanks for sharing.

you're welcome! I love this little details.

side note: Chester wanted to play Maestro instead of Systeme de Sexe, when he replaced Ryan on PR'07 in Tinley Park. I guess this "confirms" that he was really involved with the song at that time.

• 11 months later...

I just pulled out my DTA CD and in the booklet for TD, it says Amir does the manipulated  voices. I think Chester was only on the live version they did a lot in 2006/3007. I don't think Chester actually appears vocally on any studio JK stuff.