2018.11.01 - The Late Late Show With James Corden

RogueSoul

Mike and the band are taking a break today from the normal Post Traumatic Tour activities and hitting a larger audience - Mike will be performing 'Make It Up As I Go' with K.Flay tonight on The Late Late Show With James Corden!

It's not uncommon for Mike to do TV performances - he's done loads of TV with Linkin Park, Fort Minor, and even with his current solo project (he performed 'Crossing A Line' with The Roots on Jimmy Fallon earlier this year). Last year, Mike performed on The Late Late Show With James Corden with Linkin Park, where they performed 'Heavy' with Kiiara for the very first time as a full band.

See Linkin Park perform 'Heavy' with Kiiara on The Late Late Show With James Corden last year! This was the first time they played the song full band - a prior performance had been acoustic.

Linkin Park also performed 'Invisible' that night, making the worldwide premiere of the song (it hadn't even been released at that point). 'Invisible' was originally intended to be a single at the time, before Linkin Park performed in Chile and the iconic video of 'Talking To Myself' opening the show made its way to Warner Bros. The 'Invisible' performance was beautifully orchestrated, the band in top form and the production with the falling snow looking aesthetically pleasing too.

Linkin Park also performed 'Invisible' (which aired at a later date) at this show. This was the first time anyone had ever heard the song!

Who'll be watching? This'll be the first time Mike performed 'Make It Up As I Go' with K.Flay since he debuted the track at Amoeba Records in June. Plus, we'll have it in proshot quality! Additionally, it'll be Dan Mayo's and Matt Harris's first TV Show performance! The Late Late Show With James Corden airs at 12:35am local time on CBS, so be sure to tune in if you have the chance. Mike continues as normal with the Outbreak Tour tomorrow in Los Angeles, California where grandson will be opening before Don Broco - maybe K.Flay will come through there too! Mike has a couple more shows in California before heading back towards the east with shows in Utah and Colorado.

We'll be keeping you updated on everything that happens at this show, so be be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates, and join the LPLive Discord for discussion with fans around the world (a couple members from the Discord will be at this show - be sure to say hi)! We just launched the new LPLive Archive YouTube Channel that is loaded with hours of rare content from the Linkin Park world, and we'll also be uploading videos from the Post Traumatic Tour there, too. Be sure to subscribe!

Check out the rest of Mike Shinoda's touring schedule here.

I wish Mike would take K.Flay's studio vocals out of the track when she performs the song with him...comes across as kind of amateur to have her singing over her own voice when she doesn't need to.

I understand that he kept Grandson's track cause he's a fucking disaster live but this.. What the hell is he thinking?

I wish Mike would take K.Flay's studio vocals out of the track when she performs the song with him...comes across as kind of amateur to have her singing over her own voice when she doesn't need to.

I guess I didn't pay attention too much to the Amoeba performance. Had a big WTF moment when I heard/realized this. It really does sound weird.