"Into the Badlands" original score released on iTunes

Stranger

As you guys know, Mike Shinoda composed the theme song for the AMC's "Into the Badlands" which was released on 2015.

The album score/soundtrack officially released on iTunes and includes the theme song but what makes me curious is the artist name is "Warrior Blade" instead of Mike Shinoda.

iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/my/album/into-the-badlands-music-from-the-amc-original-series/1367615031?l=en&app=itunes&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

DbTurwxV0AA0OUz.jpg

Track 1 compossed by David Stephard https://www.allmusic.com/artist/david-shephard-mn0002262990

The same name it's even on the cover.

The theme song was composed by Mike Shinoda. Everyone knows it. His name even features in the opening credit in the series (not the intro montage).

https://www.bustle.com/articles/123261-whats-the-song-in-into-the-badlands-opening-credits-composer-mike-shinoda-is-well-suited-for-the

What I'm concerned here is why they didnt put his name? Maybe there's some issues.

Edited by Stranger

Or maybe he didn't really composed this track and they credit him by mistake?

There is also digital booklet for this album, maybe he is on it?

The album just release this year. And all of the articles released was 3 years ago. I don't think it's a mistake. Surely there's something with the agreement. As I said earlier, they mentioned "Mike Shinoda" in the series (on the opening credits). But i'm happy they release it. Now I can have the intro in high quality (instead of ripping it from YouTube).

1. AMC posted about the theme being composed by Mike Shinoda back in 2015.
  2. The track credited to Warrior Blade is the exact same track used on the opening sequence.
  3. There are 3 Into The Badlands entries on BMI, all credited to Mike Shinoda: INTO THE BADLANDS | INTO THE BADLANDS MAIN TITLE THEME | INTO THE BADLANDS-BG CUES

My guess is that Warrior Blade is Mike Shinoda and they had to use that name due to some legal issue with Warner.

Ok, then, I will add this soundtrack to site. If it's about notes, I don't like when we have to guess about what's going on. The whole thing looks so weird.

It's even more weird - In that link I posted, you can read that David Shephard thanks everyone who helped him on this soundtrack, but he's not saying anything about Mike or even Warrior Blade.

Yeah this is definitely an alias situation. The theme song is the only track "Warrior Blade" has online anywhere, theres no artist bio or anything for them on any of the streaming services the song is on, and the only reference you can find to them even existing is all from the last 9 days or whatever its been since the soundtrack was released.

Edited by Astat