Re-Arrange Main Albums Tracklisting

Geki

The idea for this thread is to re-arrange the tracklisting for each of the main seven albums by LP. (HT, M, MTM, ATS, LT, THP and OML). Only the main tracks allowed, so no adding demos or live tracks or remixes and stuff. I was inspired to make this thread because I realized that I always wished that The Catalyst closed ATS and OML closed OML.

-Hybrid Theory-

01. Crawling

02. Runaway

03. One Step Closer

04. Points Of Authority

05. In The End

06. Pushing Me Away

07. With You

08. Cure For The Itch

09. Papercut

10. By Myself

11. A Place For My Head

12. Forgotten

-Meteora-

01. Foreword

02. Dont Stay

03. Figure.09

04. Numb

05. Easier To Run

06. Lying From You

07. Hit The Floor

08. Nobodys Listening

09. Somewhere I Belong

10. Faint

11. Session

13. Breaking The Habit

-Minutes To Midnight-

01. What Ive Done

02. Leave Out All The Rest

03. In Pieces

04. The Little Things Give You Away

05. Wake

06. Given Up

07. In Between

08. No More Sorrow

09. Bleed It Out

10. Hands Held High

11. Valentines Day

12. Shadow Of The Day

-A Thousand Suns- (Original is perfect except for the end)

01. The Requiem

02. The Radiance

03. Burning In The Skies

04. Empty Spaces

05. When They Come For Me

06. Robot Boy

07. Jornada del Muerto

08. Waiting For The End

09. Blackout

10. Wretches And Kings

11. Wisdom, Justice, And Love

12. Iridescent

13. The Messenger

14. Fallout

15. The Catalyst

Living Things- (Actually think this one is perfect)

-The Hunting Party-

01. The Summoning

02. War

03. Rebellion

04. All For Nothing

05. Mark The Graves

06. Keys To The Kingdom

07. Until Its Gone

08. Guilty All The Same

09. Wastelands

10. Drawbar

11. Final Masquerade

12. A Line In The Sand

-One More Light-

01. Nobody Can Save Me

02. Good Goodbye

03. Talking To Myself

04. Battle Symphony

05. Sharp Edges

06. Invisible

07. Sorry For Now

08. Halfway Right

09. Heavy

10. One More Light

Edited by Geki

How long did this take you? O_o

Anyway - 2) I have always believed that Papercut is the perfect intro to the LP Discography, its raw upbeat and seriously amazing. 2) I'm glad you kept A Line in the Sand at the end of THP.

How long did this take you? O_o

Anyway - 2) I have always believed that Papercut is the perfect intro to the LP Discography, its raw upbeat and seriously amazing. 2) I'm glad you kept A Line in the Sand at the end of THP.

I already had the lists in my phone that I did the other night. It took about an hour, maybe a little more. Mostly I just like how they all blended. Some stuff doesn't blend well because of the intros and outros on the album but I just imagined them in my head to be made to all flow, like if the band chose these as the tracklistings and made the flow into each other. I had to keep ALITS as a closer because to me, there is no better closing song in their whole catalog. I also always wanted The Catalyst to close ATS and One More Light to close OML, so I did that. Papercut, while it's iconic and definitely a good album opener, I wanted to choose something different for HT, I wanted to make that one crazy.

Papercut to open HT for me. Only things I'd touch are moving The Catalyst to the end of ATS and put Messenger above Fallout.

LT and THP are a total mess, I'd totally send those back to the drawing board on what songs made the album versus what songs didn't. Until It's Gone on THP? Lmao.

Your OML one is cool, I like that. I'd end with OML (song) too. Wouldn't surprise me if we get a bside from those sessions down the line that is 100x better than Good Goodbye.

The true album in all of this that is perfect to me is Minutes To Midnight. I really love that one.

Papercut to open HT for me. Only things I'd touch are moving The Catalyst to the end of ATS and put Messenger above Fallout.

LT and THP are a total mess, I'd totally send those back to the drawing board on what songs made the album versus what songs didn't. Until It's Gone on THP? Lmao.

Your OML one is cool, I like that. I'd end with OML (song) too. Wouldn't surprise me if we get a bside from those sessions down the line that is 100x better than Good Goodbye.

The true album in all of this that is perfect to me is Minutes To Midnight. I really love that one.

I think LT is a solid album for what it is, but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea. I do think that the band shouldn't have said it was folk inspired because nothing on it seems like folk to me at all. I know some of the songs originated as folk songs, but they sound nothing like folk in their finished forms. COG is perhaps the only one that SOMEWHAT does, but even then, it's a very small influence in the final product. Three Band Terror and Devil's Drop and shit are a little more folky, and I imagine a lot of the demos and songs that didn't make the cut were as well, but the album didn't sound like that. It was basically a straight up electro-rock record, IMO, with some pop influence, but mostly electro-rock. Something like Animals (2011 Demo) sounded more like the final product than any of that folk stuff did. It basically took the sound of ATS, infused it with mainstream rock, and made them more commercial. I like that a lot but I know not everyone did.

THP was a mess, I agree, I think there were probably much better songs that could have been on the album than some of the ones that we got. I also think The Summoning and Drawbar are kind of stupid to have on the album, but that's just me, I know some people like those. I also hate the noises from the kids after some of the tracks, in particular KTTK. Since they weren't allowed to use their original idea for the end of KTTK, they should have just let it end without kids noises. I also don't care for the outro thing to AFN. It's cool, but what is the point? To show that the band opted for a heavy album over the one they were working on? Seems like of pointless for a final cut of the album to me. I also hate how the end of GATS on the album ends at 5:54 instead of 5:55, because the way it goes into The Summoning is the worst transition for a professional band I have ever seen, it sounds like when I make mixes on iTunes and flow songs into each other, it ends so abrupt and that extra second helps a lot, it should have been like 3 extra seconds, IMO. I also HATE the outro to Wastelands and how it blends into UIG. UIG is a shitty song and should have never been on the album, and that intro into UIG is even more pointless. It was a rejected song for TF4 and it sounds absolutely nothing like anything on THP. The other tracks are OK, but I just hate how they finished that album, it's almost like the band didn't care about it by the time it was ready to be finished and put out to the world, almost like Mike and the band were already over that whole ''heavy rock music'' phase before the album even dropped, and the 2014 sets back me up, it had a ton of non-rock songs, way more than previous tours, it was almost like a RECHARGED style set in some ways, especially the original run of shows in Europe and shit.

MTM is perfect, I agree. I almost didn't want to change up the tracklisting but I decided to for fun, the original is great how it is. But I'm an obsessive fan of MTM so nothing about that entire era is bad to me.

This thread was mostly just for fun and to see what people come up with. But I do firmly stand by having OML close out OML. I hate how Sharp Edges closes the album, even though I love that song. It just doesn't seem like an album closer to me, while OML does. OML is soft, but it's one of those ''epic'' songs like TLTGYA, ALITS, Powerless, etc. So I always felt like it should close the album. If we ever do get demos of OML, I bet some are great. The guests on Good Goodbye used to annoy me, like Kiiara did for Heavy, I always wanted to hear just strictly LP versions, but who knows.

Edited by Geki

Interesting how you put all the rap-heavy songs (besides ITE) at the end of HT

While your at it why don't you add High Voltage (Mike Shinoda Remix) and My December to HT. I always put HV after CFTI and cut the outro short so it blends right

Edited by OKCrew