Julien-K's Snow White Tan Demo Board

Geki

Now this is a great thread. I remember this and surely an image exists on my computer buried way deep in some random 2005 folder. Hopefully someone can find it easier than me lol. I am convinced we don't have all of the songs from this so far and it's worth a discussion.

Before I jump into the songs, man I bet these sounded SO good in the demo form.

Morning After, Let Down, My Suffering, Darkness (In The Darkness), N2U (Into You), Fire, Give Me Your Time, Walking In Circles, and Morning After (JK Remix) all were released.

Wall of Sound, Instrumental, Hold Life, 20 Eyes, Introutro are unreleased.

Now this is a great thread. I remember this and surely an image exists on my computer buried way deep in some random 2005 folder. Hopefully someone can find it easier than me lol. I am convinced we don't have all of the songs from this so far and it's worth a discussion.

Before I jump into the songs, man I bet these sounded SO good in the demo form.

Morning After, Let Down, My Suffering, Darkness (In The Darkness), N2U (Into You), Fire, Give Me Your Time, Walking In Circles, and Morning After (JK Remix) all were released.

Wall of Sound, Instrumental, Hold Life, 20 Eyes, Introutro are unreleased.

I hope someone can find it and share. I've been watching various DBS-TV episodes today on YouTube and you can see the board many times throughout them, just not as clear as that one photo from Julien-K posted over ten years ago now.

But yeah, I agree, I bet they all sounded epic as hell.

I've been commenting on DBS's Facebook lately and they always like my comments and reply about releasing older music, etc. They said they wanted to give it some time and then they will decide what to do with the music, etc. I'm very happy that Ryan and Amir aren't going to simply just let DBS die. I know we won't get new music from them obviously, but there is a lot of unreleased stuff and I'm happy they are still active on the DBS Facebook, etc.

As someone who has been a huge DBS fan since god damn 2005 when I first heard Let Down from REact Now, I hope we can hear some unreleased stuff in the future.

There is also ''Split Personality'' and ''Evil Twin'', both not listed on that Julien-K board, but listed on various other boards from 2008 and 2009 when they were recording with Howard Benson, so we know those are out there and most likely are 100% full fledged ''b-sides''. 20 Eyes is also a ''b-side'' for the album. Remember when you called in to Loveline back in 2009 Mark? Chester legit thought they had released 20 Eyes as a bonus track alongside Morning After, and Amir was like ''uhh, we haven't actually released that song, Chester''. Chester also spoke about it in various other interviews from 2009, saying we were getting 20 Eyes as a bonus track, etc. Wonder what happened... obviously the band wanted it out and recorded it, prepared it for release, etc.

The ones on that original Julien-K board that you mentioned, I bet those are rough demos. ''Wall Of Sound'', ''Instrumental'', ''Hold Life'' and ''Introutro''. I would of course love to hear all of those as well. I'd love to hear the original 2005 demos of the songs like Let Down, Walking In Circles, My Suffering (remember the epic version played at Club Tattoo 2008, I bet that's the original version).

What's even more interesting is the fact that Chester has said in a few interviews in 2009 that both Condemned and Inside Of Me were literally written during the Howard Benson sessions in 2008/2009 because Howard wanted a couple of ''big rock songs''. He spoke about it in this interview with KROQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr5Kk_XL3S4and a few other interviews that I've read recently. So those both weren't around. He said that he also completely re-wrote Fire because he felt the original version of Fire was way too emotional and religious for him, which is interesting, I'd love to hear the original version of Fire.

Lastly, we have some unknown lyrics that have popped up in various DBS making of videos, as well. I asked Ryan about one once, and he said they were demo lyrics for End Of The World. We also have partial lyrics for the original versions of Fire and Too Late, both 100% different than the version we got on OOA, just like My Suffering.

Man, I'd love to hear all of this stuff. Sadly, I don't have too much faith in that, but you never know.

Wow, didn't even know it was on there! Thank you so much!!!

EDIT: So we know Hold Life had vocals as well... whether it was a demo title for a song on Out Of Ashes or a song that didn't make the cut, that remains to be seen. I could see it being a possible demo title for Crawl Back In, but I'm not sure. I guess maybe End Of The World too, since it was a song talked about as far back as 2005. Wall Of Sound, Instrumental and Introutro didn't have vocals, but that's kind of obvious that they wouldn't have judging by the titles.

So we have 7 known songs that didn't make the cut as of right now, and there might not be any more, because it wasn't written like a Linkin Park album that has like 100 demos each time.

01. Split Personality

02. Evil Twin

03. 20 Eyes

04. Hold Life

05. Wall Of Sound

06. Instrumental

07. Introutro

I'd love to be able to hear all of those, but like I said, I don't have high hopes of any of them ever being released, but you never know, crazier things have happened.

Edited by Geki

Even if they don't want to give us b-sides or demos, they still have a shit ton of live content they could release. They released 2 songs from that Steve Wyrick set in 2009. Imagine how epic it would be to get Walking In Circles, In The Darkness, etc. from that set??? Fans used to ask for that all the time back in 2009 and 2010. They also released Let Down from Almost Acoustic Christmas officially on iTunes back in 2009, so they have that set, and it would be much better quality than the shitty webcast audio. They also released Fire and Let Down from Hamburg 2009, which is a full set DBS show, that would be amazing to have. They may even have more live shit.

I can't seem to find the source now, but I remember Chester saying his album is ready around late 2005. He said something to the effect that it's finally 100% recorded, done and just waits for the right time. Of course, some time after that he decided to redo it for whatever reason. So that's what I personally would love to hear - his very first version of the album recorded in the time period around late 2004 - late 2005. It's probably raw and not properly mixed and was recorded by just Chester, Ryan and Amir, but it would be very interesting to hear how did it sound like originally.

So the bottom line is that there's a whole other recording of the songs out there somewhere in a listenable form.

I can't seem to find the source now, but I remember Chester saying his album is ready around late 2005. He said something to the effect that it's finally 100% recorded, done and just waits for the right time. Of course, some time after that he decided to redo it for whatever reason. So that's what I personally would love to hear - his very first version of the album recorded in the time period around late 2004 - late 2005. It's probably raw and not properly mixed and was recorded by just Chester, Ryan and Amir, but it would be very interesting to hear how did it sound like originally.

So the bottom line is that there's a whole other recording of the songs out there somewhere in a listenable form.

I have read several interviews online where they said the album was 100% done in 2005. Chester said they decided to wait to release it because Linkin Park started working on MTM. After PR08 was done, ending the MTM album cycle, he said he started working on the album again and had a bunch of new songs. In one of the making of DBS videos, he said half of the record was written post MTM.

I agree with you so 150%. I'd love to hear the original version of the album, the original versions of the songs.I don't care if it's raw or whatever, it would be amazing to hear...

BTW, you can tell it's definitely ''HARD LIFE'' and not ''HOLD LIFE'' on that demo board photo. Hold Life doesn't even make any sense and you can tell it says Hard Life anyways, the A and R are very prominent.

It also says 20 OO's ,like a play on ''20 Eyes''. It's not ''20¥2''.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub2B1skFgsYCheck out this video. Has a lot of great shit, the demo board, etc

Edited by Geki

• 2 weeks later...

So, I did some more thinking on this lately and found something interesting. You can see the check marks next to all of the songs on the board. However, only 11 of them are complete songs (10 if you don't count the Morning After remix at the end). ''Wall Of Sound'' and ''Instrumental'' have no vocals, bass, drums, etc. Can't make out the word on the board but it doesn't look like guitar, either. Additionally, ''Introutro'' has literally nothing checked off at all, which makes me think they were thinking about creating an Intro and Outro for the album but just never really did.

Why is this interesting? We know that Inside Of Me and Condemned were both written after Howard Benson asked Chester to write a few more ''rock'' songs for the album. This would have been in either very late 2008 or sometime in 2009, 2009 being more likely. We also have two more titles that were shown during the time with Howard. ''Evil Twin'' and ''Split Personality''. We also know Chester wrote songs for the album after 2005-2006, which is probably when ''End Of The World'', ''Crawl Back In'', ''Too Late'', ''Evil Twin'' and ''Split Personality'' were all written. None of those appeared on the original demo board. ''20 Eyes'', which we know was recorded but just never released, Chester literally thought they had released it with the album. Lol. ''Hard Life'' is also a song on the original board. I highly doubt it's a demo title for any of those mentioned above, but it could be.

So essentially, we have finished versions of all of those songs on the board except for 20 Eyes and whatever song ''Hard Life'' is. It was a completed song like the rest, had vocals and all instruments. Like I said, it could possibly be a demo title for Crawl Back In, Too Late or End Of The World. Crawl Back In seems like the most fitting if I had to call one of those as Hard Life, but I think Hard Life is it's own separate song.

Can anyone here (Hahninator, I know you have talked with Ryan and Amir a lot) ask one of them if ''Hard Life'' was a demo title for Crawl Back In, Too Late or End Of The World? I would really like to know.... My biggest dream in life is to be able to have the original Snow White Tan CD or all of the songs and seeds written for MTM, and knowing this about Hard Life would make me feel a little bit better.

Doesn't tell me much, though. I already discussed that several times. Amir is very vague about anything DBS. But I guess it doesn't really matter ultimately, because we'll probably never get to hear any of it, just like 95% of Linkin Park's demos and b-sides and seeds, etc. I should probably stop obsessing over it. It's probably more effective to beg for live tracks over anything else, cuz at least live tracks are different. Like releasing the entire Steve Wyrick set as an EP, since they already released Let Down and Morning After from it with superb quality. Maybe even the DBS set from 2011 that Palm Springs Reset and I'll Try Not To Destroy You are getting released from on Time Capsule. Hell, those acoustic live versions are probably closer to the original Snow White Tan songs than any demo we will get anyways! This was the original batch of DBS songs in 2005.

01. Morning After

02. Let Down

03. My Suffering

04. In The Darkness

05. Into You

06. Fire

07. Hard Life

08. 20 Eyes

09. Give Me Your Name

10. Walking In Circles

Edited by Geki

Found one of the pics from my old computer. But I know there were more and better ones, showing his broken hand and shit. BTW he had that broken hand in late August 2005, so the pics were likely from late August 2005 into September 2005, right in time for REAct Now since it took place September 10th. So they were more than likely rehearsal photos for Let Down 2005.

Also, an audio clip of Chester talking about why he had the cast back in 2005. Lol.

post-126519-0-43438900-1513693530_thumb.jpg

04-17-2012 Loveline.mp3

Edited by Geki