New Song 'Meadow' w/ New Lead Singer Jeff Gutt

RogueSoul

For those of you who are curious, Stone Temple Pilots just released their first new song with a new lead singer - Jeff Gutt (you may remember him from his first band back in the nu-metal era, Dry Cell or his awesome performance of 'Hallelujah' by Leonard Cohen on America's Got Talent). The song's called 'Meadow' and it's pretty good.

Thoughts?

I don't like it.

It's just the typical STP song but i'm pretty sure that fans would be really happy or will be complaining that he sounds like a clone of Scott.

Good luck Gutt.

Actually, according to the comments, people are praising Gutt for sounding a lot like Weiland so.

But nonetheless I liked the song, has that old school vibe to it

How would you react if LP picked a guy that could sound like Chester?

I probably wouldn't listen to the band anymore, but that's fine. The main reason that I ever even got into Linkin Park in general was because of Chester and his voice and persona, so I don't really care that much about the future of the band now that he's gone. I'll still check out stuff here and there - whether they continue as a 5 piece or with a new singer, but I definitely won't consider myself a ''fan'' anymore. Maybe that is what they'll do, who knows. But Chester was much more unique than Scott Weiland was, IMO. Scott Weiland had a 90's grunge rock voice, something that many bands have been able to achieve with their singer. Chester was much different in the sense that he could do that but also do a bunch of other vocal styles as well. I'm sure they could find someone who sounds like Chester out there. Who knows at this point, the band says they don't even know what the future is yet.

I'm a big fan of Gutt, I wish them nothing but success with him. STP has been through so much tragedy it's unbelievable. Gutt sounding so good with them at the Troubadour really gave me new insight to LP. I want them to continue as 5 but if they feel they need a singer to help them, I won't be against it. It's Chester's music, he wrote the songs with LP and the new singer would just be honoring him on tour.

Meadow is a good song. It's really crazy how all of this is going down with STP because Weiland was Chester's idol, then Chester joined STP, and now Gutt actually knew Chester. Damn. And of course Robert was one of his best friends...

I'm a big fan of Gutt, I wish them nothing but success with him. STP has been through so much tragedy it's unbelievable. Gutt sounding so good with them at the Troubadour really gave me new insight to LP. I want them to continue as 5 but if they feel they need a singer to help them, I won't be against it. It's Chester's music, he wrote the songs with LP and the new singer would just be honoring him on tour.

Meadow is a good song. It's really crazy how all of this is going down with STP because Weiland was Chester's idol, then Chester joined STP, and now Gutt actually knew Chester. Damn. And of course Robert was one of his best friends...

I'll always be the lone wolf who thinks that the band needs someone to play heavy stuff or high songs, Mike is awesome but he struggles a lot with some songs.