Will Linkin Park do a South American Tour?

HybridT

Well, I'm bored but I want to know if this is possible. What do you think? The last time LP did a 'South American Tour' was in 2012. I still don't understand why they don't come down here very often like they do with Asia, Europe or even Oceania. I'm from Argentina and I've never seen LP live, so I would like them to make at least one concert here.

PS: We (South America) don't bite. ;)

Well, I'm bored but I want to know if this is possible. What do you think? The last time LP did a 'South American Tour' was in 2012. I still don't understand why they don't come down here very often like they do with Asia, Europe or even Oceania. I'm from Argentina and I've never seen LP live, so I would like them to make at least one concert here.

PS: We (South America) don't bite. ;)

I wish LP would play in South America more, I agree with you. I don't live in South America but the band should try and be fair to all parts of the world and not just only Europe like they have been.

Every tour there are chances... The band just need accept the offers.

This. If I recall correctly, there was a South American Tour planned for 2014 after the Carnivores Tour (perhaps an extension of the Carnivores Tour, because 30STM went to South America during the same time the LP tour was planned). The band will almost always return to Brazil nowadays because the demand is so high there, but other countries, it really just matters how much they get paid. Lots of bigger bands have been going to South America lately - 30STM in 2014, Muse in 2015, Metallica right now, etc. so the chances are only getting higher, really. The next album cycle probably has one of the best opportunities in the band's career for a big South American Tour because the markets there are really growing.

This. If I recall correctly, there was a South American Tour planned for 2014 after the Carnivores Tour (perhaps an extension of the Carnivores Tour, because 30STM went to South America during the same time the LP tour was planned). The band will almost always return to Brazil nowadays because the demand is so high there, but other countries, it really just matters how much they get paid. Lots of bigger bands have been going to South America lately - 30STM in 2014, Muse in 2015, Metallica right now, etc. so the chances are only getting higher, really. The next album cycle probably has one of the best opportunities in the band's career for a big South American Tour because the markets there are really growing.

This year we had bands such as Guns N' Roses (my best concert ever), Rolling Stones, Coldplay, Maroon 5, Korn (next year). Even Paul McCartney. That's why I hope to have an LP South American Tour next year.

This year we had bands such as Guns N' Roses (my best concert ever), Rolling Stones, Coldplay, Maroon 5, Korn (next year). Even Paul McCartney. That's why I hope to have an LP South American Tour next year.

I won't call it a South American tour I believe that only Brazil can handle the cost and maybe Argentina but as far as I know the fan base there is not that big.

I won't call it a South American tour I believe that only Brazil can handle the cost and maybe Argentina but as far as I know the fan base there is not that big.

I don't know in other countries, but here in Argentina we have a big fan base. Not as big as Brazil, but enough for a concert. Maybe not a proper South American Tour but at least a tour in Brazil and Argentina you know? Like they did back in 2010 and 2012.

Edited by HybridT

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I know this is old but...

Talking as a representative person of Brazil, the country is big, and unlike the US, we don't get a proper tour around the country, all they do is come to São Paulo (Southeast) and there is a lot of fans that I've met that are from, the North, the South, the West part of the Country and they can't go and never saw LP live

So, my idea is, for the band to play a show in one Capital of each region, that way they gain lots of money and fans will be happy that's for sure!

If they could do that, not just in Brazil, but in major, big countries like it, then that would be great!

I know this is old but...

Talking as a representative person of Brazil, the country is big, and unlike the US, we don't get a proper tour around the country, all they do is come to São Paulo (Southeast) and there is a lot of fans that I've met that are from, the North, the South, the West part of the Country and they can't go and never saw LP live

So, my idea is, for the band to play a show in one Capital of each region, that way they gain lots of money and fans will be happy that's for sure!

If they could do that, not just in Brazil, but in major, big countries like it, then that would be great!

The last major Brazil tour was 2012 I think. I don't know why they are playing less shows when they know that there are so many fans across the country. Especially in the case of Brazil. That's why U.K. Fans are pissed too. Either they don't play any shows or just in London and Manchester. When fans in Scotland sitting there an be like ,,Guys the UK is here in the north too and not just London and Manchester,, Somehow they understood it for Germany (lucky for me) and play like 9 shows in 2 weeks. Edited by LinkInThePark

Has to do with album sales, single promo, and more. There's a reason LP did so many shows in 2008 and 2010 in the UK but not as many in 2014. They play so many shows in Germany because they sold out 5 shows in 2010 and due to demand they had to add a 6th. And in 2014 they sold out 9 shows. The UK had more shows booked in 2012 as did Germany but the tour didn't end up happening.

I bet LP returns to Brazil and South America (especially Peru) in 2018.

Areas they likely will hit pretty hard this cycle (2x):
Germany

South America

China