Vote For LP as Fuse's "Greatest Artist Of All Time"

LPxDC

In the spirit of the NCAA March Madness brackets, Fuse’s Rock Madness pits 32 current Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Members against 32 potential future members. Fans create a bracket culminating in their pick for the ultimate artist. The winner will be determined by the number of fan votes, opinions of a panel of music experts and some cold hard stats.

Vote for Linkin Park now at http://rockmadness.fuse.tv/a/home! Be sure to invite your facebook friends to vote for Linkin Park as well!

Let's all get together and help LP win!

Guest Tronz

There is NO WAY Linkin Park deserves anywhere near the "Greatest Artist of All Time" tagline. There are so so so so so so so so so many bands that would go in before that it's a complete slap in the face to bands like the Beatles, the Beach Boys, Queen, Metallica, Led Zepplin, Weezer, and all the other bands that have achieved a greater musical range than Linkin Park. Not putting down Linkin Park, but it takes more than two shallow nu-metal records and one decent record to put you up to that standard.

Just sayin'.

was fun :) LP over Aerosmith though?? LP is better to me, bt theres a lot of classic metal fans out there

There is NO WAY Linkin Park deserves anywhere near the "Greatest Artist of All Time" tagline. There are so so so so so so so so so many bands that would go in before that it's a complete slap in the face to bands like the Beatles, the Beach Boys, Queen, Metallica, Led Zepplin, Weezer, and all the other bands that have achieved a greater musical range than Linkin Park. Not putting down Linkin Park, but it takes more than two shallow nu-metal records and one decent record to put you up to that standard.

Just sayin'.

LP are better than any of those bands, and HT and meteora are both better than mins 2 midnight, the majority of LP fans know that. They deserve the title, because they are the only band i know who can successfully play so many different genres, and still have most of the people i know who still like them. none of those other bands have as many people who like them as LP, coz most people who listen to LP like them at least a little Edited by linkinmetalfanatic

Greatest band of all time is opinionated, and will always be opinionated. Nothing more, and nothing less can be said about it.

Personally, I like LP better than The Beatles. I didn't grow up listening to The Beatles, but all the older people around the world did. So when it comes down to my vote, its definatly LP.

When it comes down to voting like this, its all based on what you like really. They just tally up the votes of who votes the most for what band, but in the end, there will never be "one" band that is the greatest of all time, ever.

And I will say it now before it gets out of hand...

THIS IS A LINKIN PARK FANSITE. ANY BASHING OF LINKIN PARK WILL HAVE PROPER ACTION TAKEN AGAINST IT. IF YOU WANT TO BASH LINKIN PARK, PLEASE DO SO AT ANOTHER FORUM NOT RELATED TO LINKIN PARK. THANK YOU.

Greatest band of all time is opinionated, and will always be opinionated. Nothing more, and nothing less can be said about it.

Personally, I like LP better than The Beatles. I didn't grow up listening to The Beatles, but all the older people around the world did. So when it comes down to my vote, its definatly LP.

When it comes down to voting like this, its all based on what you like really. They just tally up the votes of who votes the most for what band, but in the end, there will never be "one" band that is the greatest of all time, ever.

And I will say it now before it gets out of hand...

THIS IS A LINKIN PARK FANSITE. ANY BASHING OF LINKIN PARK WILL HAVE PROPER ACTION TAKEN AGAINST IT. IF YOU WANT TO BASH LINKIN PARK, PLEASE DO SO AT ANOTHER FORUM NOT RELATED TO LINKIN PARK. THANK YOU.

In all honesty, as a sign of respect for everyone, no one should be bashing anyone elses musical preferences.

That being said, I agree that this is a very opinionated topic, and for the most part, every single person is going to have a different take on it than everyone else.

All the staff asks for is that everyone respect the opinions of everyone else. No bashing or flaming please.

I almost believed the guy until he said weezer.... LP > weezer big time. Beetles are overrated in my opinion, but that is just me. Jimi Hendrix is top 3 no questions asked in my opinion *number one in my rankings* Led Zep. and rolling stones are automatically above LP.

Guest Tronz

Removed entire post due to flaming

Did you even bother to read my post in this thread? Obviously, if you had you would have not wasted your time posting this rant. You are being excessively rude and unnecessarily hostile. Everyone one here has an opinion, and they are all going to differ from yours. Be respectful.

Be sure to check your PM inbox.

Any more fighting will result in an instant warning, this applies to everyone here.

Jen

Edited by Jen

LP are better than any of those bands, and HT and meteora are both better than mins 2 midnight, the majority of LP fans know that. They deserve the title, because they are the only band i know who can successfully play so many different genres, and still have most of the people i know who still like them. none of those other bands have as many people who like them as LP, coz most people who listen to LP like them at least a little

Have you ever done an NCAA March Madness bracket? A good bracket isn't about playing favorites, it's about looking at stats and predicting which team is more likely to win. I love Cleveland State because it's my hometown team in the tournament, but I picked Wake Forest over them in the first round because they had a better record, were seeded far higher, and were heavily favored to win (Cleveland State ended up surprising everyone and pulling off an upset win, but that's not the point). I love Linkin Park, they're my favorite band, but I picked Aerosmith over them in the first round, because let's face it, Aerosmith has had a far longer and more widely successful career than Linkin Park has. LP being put up against Aerosmith is like putting a young #16 team with a bunch of talented young freshman players up against a #1 team with a bunch of seasoned senior starters who are all about to get selected in the NBA draft. Against a band like, say, Guns N' Roses, it would be like putting them up against a top NBA team. And in the case of the Beatles, that would be like putting them up against Wilt Chamberlain, Larry Byrd, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, and Kareem Abdul-Jabaar all in their prime.

Can LP get to the level of some of the legendary bands they're up against in these brackets someday? Absolutely. Those freshman players from that #16 college team can grow up to be NBA legends one day. But it'll take quite a while for that to happen, if it happens. LP's accomplished a lot in a relatively short amount of time, but it's pretty silly to even try to compare them to more established acts like these, that have remained immensely popular for decades. Look at Elvis, he's been dead for like 30 years and he's still more popular now than a lot of the current acts on this list.

And really in general, I've always thought all these fan-based "band vs. band" voting things were kind of dumb anyway.

ASTAT THANK YOU!

Exactly (Almost) what I was going to say.

"Best" Is such a weird word to use and is impossible to pinpoint exactly. Music is creative art. Expressive, and no one has the same take on it usually. Saying someone is the best is kinda pointless. Maybe to Linkin Park die-hards LP is the best. But I tell you what, Aerosmith fans, Led Zep fans, Metallica fans, etc all think they are the best too. It's a joke these contests. It's all just someones opinions.

And if you go based on stats, it's true LP is not the "best ever". That's just based on album sales. But think about it, they have only been around a small ammount of years compared to the big guys, so the have no chance of being better right now. Another reason this contest sucks.

I say, don't bash other people's opinions of music. Music is supposed to be opinionated, and no one is wrong for liking what they like. I myself have been a die-hard Linkin Park fan since 2000. But, I won't waste my time voting in this contest.

I'm gonna put LP all the way, but it makes me mad they plated Aerosmith in the first round. That probably would've been my final matchup, had it been possible. I hated how they put it; the mathcups made it difficult. Aerosmith, Michael Jackson, Stone Temple Pilots, Springsteen, Elvis, Eric Clapton, The Rolling Stones (why in the world were those tow together?), The Smashing Pumpkins, Run-DMC, Blink 182, Jay-Z, and Nirvana all lost in the first round just cause the other bands were some of my favorite. They lose but I have to put Elton John, Zeppelin, and Bob Marley, none of whom I like all that much, in the Sweet 16. I wish we could've just listed who we liked best.