LP's best stages design?

vinifeijo

What are the best ones? And why LP doesn't create more cool stages, with more architectonic work there? It's almost always just a black clean stage with some big screen in the background. I bet it's to "just focus on the music, the stage doesn't matter", but LP always has been a band very connected with the aesthetics.

I can't recall many special stages design.

I remember that at some show they played in a 360º stage or something like that.

At the Living Things World Tour they added some flamethrowers used during Burn It Down.

At the Carnivores Tour they used those interactive screens on the structures they stood on. There was even that moving "cage" during Joe's and Mike's solo (i'm not sure).

You guys are the ones that know everything about live appearances, so which are the best stages design?

Well, I assume you're asking what was the best set design in our own opinion, so I'd have to go with something that I've seen personally. I really enjoyed the Kabuki idea on PR07, the curtain dropping and then LP rushing out on stage, I thought that was really cool to see. I also enjoyed the pyro on Honda Civic Tour 2012, that was cool as well. So I'd have to say those two, probably. I heard the production was great on THP Tour that was cancelled, that might have been on my list if I had seen that as well.

China really allowed them to flex out their production, and the video screens behind the band were epic. I personally loved the artwork for PR04 even though the stage design was about the same as the 2003/2004 other tours. The 360 stage in 2008 was interesting and had the screens above the stage...I wouldn't mind if they returned to something like that.

I think for once it'd be cool to switch up how they have it set up. They put Joe on the left, Rob on the right, Mike in the middle. What about Rob in the middle raised up, and Mike and Joe sort of angled off on the sides?

China really allowed them to flex out their production, and the video screens behind the band were epic. I personally loved the artwork for PR04 even though the stage design was about the same as the 2003/2004 other tours. The 360 stage in 2008 was interesting and had the screens above the stage...I wouldn't mind if they returned to something like that.

I think for once it'd be cool to switch up how they have it set up. They put Joe on the left, Rob on the right, Mike in the middle. What about Rob in the middle raised up, and Mike and Joe sort of angled off on the sides?

To the first part, I still think the stage in general was too small for a stadium.Look at AC/DC's stage it looks better in a stadium this big.It looked like the stage was eaten by the stadium :D But the videos screens were really great.

To the second part, It would be great to have Rob in the middle to give him, maybe, more attention.

When I go to a concert in a big venue, I always want to see a very unique stage production with screens, lights and things like that. That's why I have Muse in the top of live bands right now. Their stage setup is awesome in every tour.

LP, since I follow them (2006/7), was always a few steps behind until THP cycle, with the moving screens and the "towers". It's true that the 360º stage in 2008 was very original. I don't know why they stopped using it (too expensive?).

I like the pyramid stage too, that one used on the ATS arena tour.