Absolute Punk interviews Mike

hahninator

There's a great new interview with Mike up on Absolute Punk here.

A few highlights:

- On Fort Minor's live shows: "The idea of undertaking and putting together a Fort Minor tour sounded crazy to me. It sounded not really doable, and then I realized if I was a DJ, it would make a lot more sense. It would be a lot more fun. I could just go and roll in on my own, with basically like a flash drive, and do DJ sets. That got me thinking, and that evolved into the show that I’ve got now, which is a very compact rig that a couple of techs and I can fly with. We can play shows locally in between Linkin Park shows here and there."

- On new Linkin Park music: "Yeah, we’re already starting to throw ideas together. I’m always writing. It’s always an ongoing process for me, but we never know. Chester and I joke that we’ve already made the mistake of telling people what the next record is going to sound like. I remember on Minutes to Midnight, we wrote a couple really heavy songs. He went out and told people, “Oh, this album is going to be the heaviest record we’ve ever made.” Then it ended up that only two of those songs made the cut [laughs], and the rest of them did not. People were just like, “Wait, what the fuck? You told us this record was going to sound like…”"

- On a possible Hybrid Theory club show in October: "That’s possible. We’ll see, you know? I don’t know what’s going to happen.

It’s funny. We haven’t done very many celebratory events for Hybrid Theory. We didn’t have a big 10-year thing, and we’re not planning any major 15-year thing.

We’ll see what happens, but we aren’t planning any major celebrations."

The interview touches on everything from Linkin Park's new business ventures to a lot of Fort Minor discussion. It's definitely worth a read!

I really hope they do a Hybrid Theory club show in October. That'd be really great.

I just hope Brad still loves playing guitar

I'm not sure. He doesn't SEEM to love it based on the shows I saw in 2014-2015....but you never know. He jams way more on Castle Of Dance live than a guitar-heavy song. It's also obvious they are tired of playing some songs (OSC, BID) so many times, every single show.

Two songs Brad seems to enjoy playing are ALITS (especially the solo) and the APFMH guitar solo intro into the APFMH intro.

Two songs Brad seems to enjoy playing are ALITS (especially the solo) and the APFMH guitar solo intro into the APFMH intro.

Brad played his Intro solo to APFMH three times before the tour was cancelled :P. But yeah, he likes ALITS and WID. He seems to have fun on BIO after 8 years too. Edited by ATylerInTheSand

I really hope they do a Hybrid Theory club show in October. That'd be really great.

I'm not sure. He doesn't SEEM to love it based on the shows I saw in 2014-2015....but you never know. He jams way more on Castle Of Dance live than a guitar-heavy song. It's also obvious they are tired of playing some songs (OSC, BID) so many times, every single show.

Well, I'd probably get sick of playing the same songs each and every night for many years, too. Haha. I hope there is some guitar on the next album, but it's not the most important. LP has always been about many styles of music so the electronic stuff is also just as important to their sound as well. Who knows what is next for LP, I don't think anyone expected them to make music like THP after LT. You just never know.

But I also noticed that Brad loves playing What I've Done. He seems like he always enjoys it, ever since 2007. But it's a great song so it's understandable.

Edited by crawling2000